Good Deal Premium Fares 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Deal Premium Fares 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2012, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
I would have waited. They are just starting to load BE fares and I'd be surprised if ATL was not included.
DTW - ATL - FCO - ATL - DTW never got the low BE fares last Thanksgiving. FNT - ATL - FCO - ATL - FNT did! Delta really doesn't seem to include their hub airports in these Thanksgiving BE deals. Luckily for those of us in Michigan there are a bunch of alternatives that aren't too far from DTW. TOL is gone, but LAN and FNT still work.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by RobertH
DTW - ATL - FCO - ATL - DTW never got the low BE fares last Thanksgiving. FNT - ATL - FCO - ATL - FNT did! Delta really doesn't seem to include their hub airports in these Thanksgiving BE deals. Luckily for those of us in Michigan there are a bunch of alternatives that aren't too far from DTW. TOL is gone, but LAN and FNT still work.
The ATL Thanksgiving fares are considerably higher then the Boston fares. The Thanksgiving fares are cheaper, but it is not a great deal.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by RobertH
Good catch!
MSP-LHR Is $4950 for Thanksgiving in Biz Elite; RST-MSP-LHR is $1977. Ahh how DL loves its hub pax!
Old Jul 15, 2012, 8:38 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Good catch!
MSP-LHR Is $4950 for Thanksgiving in Biz Elite; RST-MSP-LHR is $1977. Ahh how DL loves its hub pax!
"It's not a hub penalty, it's a non-stop premium."

No longer a hub captive and taking advantage of hub attacks when they come from the world's largest airline,

EmailKid
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:56 am

Seems to be some decent fares on UL out of Paris/Frankfurt

CDG-HKG/KUL/BKK/NRT all seem to be coming in around e1420 / £1140ai RT

Might not be much good for alliances, but good prices for holidays.

They also seem to be rolling out a new business product, which looks very reasonable.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
The ATL Thanksgiving fares are considerably higher then the Boston fares. The Thanksgiving fares are cheaper, but it is not a great deal.
I just checked and AGS/BHM/CAE/CHA/GSP/SAV <> LHR are all under $2,000 ai. But of course ATL <> LHR is $2500.

So the non-stop premium is about $500.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP UA Gold QR Platinum Hilton Gold FB Sinbad
Thank you. CDG KUL at 1400 Euros in Biz is good. and Sri Lankan would be joining One World so miles collected in their programme might be useful in the Alliance in a few months or so
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:02 pm

It is a hub penalty, because you still get the premium price even if you force a stop.

Originally Posted by EmailKid
"It's not a hub penalty, it's a non-stop premium."

No longer a hub captive and taking advantage of hub attacks when they come from the world's largest airline,

EmailKid
Old Jul 16, 2012, 4:13 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by eloraculo
It is a hub penalty, because you still get the premium price even if you force a stop.
I was quoting a former CO CEO. Guess should have included

EmailKid, former hub captive
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Considering the total lack of any Thanksgiving business class sale advertisement on the websites of AA, DL, LH, and UA, but VS, I surmise that what we see is a partial match of the Virgin Atlantic upper class sale. And therefore extremely restricted.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:13 pm

Disappointing Thanksgiving fares or should I wait?

I am not sure if any of you share my sentiment that the Thanksgiving fares seem to be disappointing these years.

The fares are limited to a few European destinations - UK, AMS, BRU, and a few other markets, and limited to business class.

First class offers are limited to United and American, and Swiss' $4000 fares are not bad (only to UK though).

So I am wondering if I should patiently wait till August when most of the fares will release, or this is just about the best that I can get. I don't mind $4000 on LH F, but $6000 base fare is a bit too much.

Carfield
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
DL: PDX/SEA-SJU $868ai

First saw this fare in the midst of all the cheap West Coast-SJU Y fare discussion a couple weeks ago, but I was unable to book the A/I class fares initially so thought it had dried up...Well, no.

On ITA, the fare (QA14UPNQ) shows wide availability through EOS incl. dates over T-giving (but not x-mas). I was looking for a Memorial Day long-weekend trip and booked PDX-ATL-SJU-ATL-LAX-PDX, 5/23 o/b, 5/27 i/b. Actual mileage is around 7500, but with COS bonuses, it brings the total to 11,288 and 7.7cpm.

Fare allows 2 trfrs in each direction and a stopover in ATL. I saw no minimum stay requirement in the fare rules. With a little fooling around, I would think the cpm could be reduced still further and that this could be constructed as a true MR, but I haven't done any more experimentation.

DL did not show the fare, but I had no problem booking it on the Big O.

Hope this is of interest to someone besides me.

--mcz
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: KL Life Platinum, QF Platinum, OZ Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
DL: PDX/SEA-SJU $868ai

Originally Posted by mczlaw
DL did not show the fare, but I had no problem booking it on the Big O.

Hope this is of interest to someone besides me.

--mcz

Fantastic find !!
Also available from SEA and LAX for $868
And LAS for $762
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:30 am

sfo

Originally Posted by azpyre
Fantastic find !!
Also available from SEA and LAX for $868
And LAS for $762
from SFO $828
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:18 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Not sure this is the right thread (maybe MR Tools - mods move if so) but the BA/AARP deal is still in effect through the end of October - $400 off business or first class RT bookings using BA transatlantic for AARP members (age 50+, $16 annual fee.)

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...t/public/en_us

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.