Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

MegaBonus® is here! Feel like a winner. Register now; earn Feb 1 – May 15.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Segments
Updated with what we know as of Feb 14, 2016

A

Win #1: Earn a free night after two stays
Win #2: Unlocked after # 1-(takes several days after cert posts) 2500 points for one additional stay
Win #3: Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide (aka nothing)

B

Win #1: Earn 10,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 bonus points each additional night, up to 20,000 bonus points
Win #2: At the same time, earn a free night after two paid stays (register separately in your online account)
Win #3: Unlock a new bonus points offer in your online account after you win #1 and #2- additional 1000 per night, for max of 5000 more points [This offer is unlocked (email notification) after your account contains the 10,000 (not 20,000) bonus points and the free night cert.]

C

Win #1: Earn 15,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus 3,000 bonus points each additional night, up to 30,000 bonus points
Win #2: At the same time, earn a free night after two paid stays (register separately in your online account)
Win #3: Unlock a new bonus points offer in your online account after you win #1 and #2 -additional 1000 per night, for max of 5000 more points [This offer is unlocked (email notification) after your account contains the 15,000 (not 30,000) bonus points and the free night cert.]
Print Wikipost

MegaBonus® is here! Feel like a winner. Register now; earn Feb 1 – May 15.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
It's been an extensive topic of discussion for at least 7 years on every MB thread.
Not all of spend our days and nights reading FT. Sorry if I didn't look back to 7 years worth of MB threads before I answered a question whether anyone else got the error message. And BTW, if Marriott is so great, we wouldn't be getting error messages in the first place.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by leeky
I recognize that English is a very ambiguous language

[...]

Maximum one (1) free night award earned with this promotion per member to be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-5 properties.
yourself! Please read what it says in clear English. It says "with this promotion". Not with the promotion that will be later triggered.

On the Marriott site, A is shown as a separate promotion from B or C. (For example, you have to register for each one separately, and you get a separate tracker for each one.)

So it stands to reason that the "unlocked" promotion (that you get if you complete all your current promotions, be they A only, or A + B, or A + C) will also be considered by Marriott as a separate promotion.

And thus the above language won't apply!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree the next promo for A only will be a separate promo and that wording does not apply.

However it is clear from the quote above from insiders that many Marriott employees do not understand the promotion(s)
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chavala
Not all of spend our days and nights reading FT. Sorry if I didn't look back to 7 years worth of MB threads before I answered a question whether anyone else got the error message. And BTW, if Marriott is so great, we wouldn't be getting error messages in the first place.
I have been highly critical of this exact issue for many years as have many board regulars. We also have told board newbies over and over that not being automatically registered for a MB means nothing. Everyone will get a MB offer if they call or leave a message. No need to prepare for a fight or feel personal offense.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
No need to prepare for a fight or feel personal offense.
More amused than offended
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Completed my 2nd stay on Thursday last week, got the points on Saturday, got the free night certs later Saturday and still waiting for the unlocked promo...
I completed my second stay last Thursday... Interestingly, my cert didn't get to me until Sunday. Still waiting for a new "unlock" option as well.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So far noone has gotten the part 2 offer yet. Everyone is anxious to see what it is.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:46 am

Programs: MR rewards
Got the free night wich i maybe well not use (because i hardly found cat 1-5) but still waiting like others for number two win , im on my 3rd stay i well check out today befor unlock the promotion but i dont care have many stay at the period of the promotion..

Good luck to all
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is starting to get ridiculous how long it is taking for A only to see their second bonus.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
For someone like myself, who can't sign up for this right now (since it's down), can someone tell me if this is a back-dated promotion? In other words, I'm staying at Marriott's soon and want to make sure those stays will count....
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
This is what I got - my offer was 2 Stays = 1 Night. I completed my 2nd stay on Sunday. Kinda disappointing - 2500 bonus points for the next stay? Rather move to IHG and complete Accelerate.

By the way - when I went to register for it (it said click here to register) - I get an error saying the promo isn't valid

You've Unlocked a New Offer: 2,500 Points

Congratulations, XXXXX! You've stayed twice and achieved MegaBonus® wins #1 and #2. Want more? Go for win #3: Make one more stay* and earn 2,500 bonus points.

It is starting to get ridiculous how long it is taking for A only to see their second bonus.

Last edited by filelover; Feb 10, 2016 at 11:53 am Reason: New Data Point
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
Seven days after qualifying, I just got an email saying I've "unlocked" the chance to earn 2,500 points for my next stay. When I click on the link, it says "promotion unavailable."
Sounds like Marriott has big IT issues with this odd promo. Isn't very generous anyway.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DesertRat
Seven days after qualifying, I just got an email saying I've "unlocked" the chance to earn 2,500 points for my next stay. When I click on the link, it says "promotion unavailable."
Sounds like Marriott has big IT issues with this odd promo. Isn't very generous anyway.
What a CF. Sorry. They did not prepare for this.

Also "You've stayed twice and achieved MegaBonus® wins #1 and #2" for filelover, since only #1 was completed, correct? And now number 2 seems to be 2500 for a single additional stay?

Last edited by VickiSoCal; Feb 10, 2016 at 12:20 pm
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Marriott can't spell either!

Previously we've noticed (in LNF threads) that some Marriott employees need refresher geography lessons (for saying things such as that San Francisco is not in the United States).

Now we can add spelling to the list of remedial classes some Marriott employees need to be sent to.

In my Marriott certificates section, this morning I see a new one, for the MegaBonus part A, except it says "MegaBouns"!!!!

But, actually, given that it's 2016, why can't Marriott employees be furnished with a spell checker which has "MegaBonus" in its dictionary???
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Yes. This is what the original megabonus said - Win #3 is the lamest marketing statement I ever saw.

Just checked and saw the 2500 bonus point offer that I can click and actually register for. But won't be shifting any stay specifically for that offer - but registered anyway in case I end up there.

Win #1: Earn a free night after two stays
Win #2: Unlock your new bonus points offer – and register when it appears in your online account
Win #3: Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide
Remember to book direct on Marriott.com.

What a CF. Sorry. They did not prepare for this.

Also "You've stayed twice and achieved MegaBonus® wins #1 and #2" for filelover, since only #1 was completed, correct? And now number 2 seems to be 2500 for a single additional stay?

Last edited by filelover; Feb 10, 2016 at 2:21 pm Reason: Edit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.