FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   MegaBonus® is here! Feel like a winner. Register now; earn Feb 1 – May 15. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1740165-megabonus-here-feel-like-winner-register-now-earn-feb-1-may-15-a.html)

Marriott Concierge Jan 6, 2016 3:12 pm

MegaBonus® is almost here. Register beginning Jan 19. Earn Feb 1 – May 15.

1 Attachment(s)
MegaBonus ® is worth the wait. Starting February 1, you’ll have more ways to win than ever before. Classic cities, buzzworthy beaches and unexpected new spots – get that winning feeling at 4,000+ hotels worldwide. Details coming soon – registration opens January 19. Stay more, earn more!

It’s coming >>

t1c Jan 6, 2016 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge (Post 25973881)
MegaBonus ® is worth the wait. Starting February 1, you’ll have more ways to win than ever before. Classic cities, buzzworthy beaches and unexpected new spots – get that winning feeling at 4,000+ hotels worldwide. Details coming soon – registration opens January 19. Stay more, earn more!

It’s coming >>

Sweet!!!

fredlisancnc Jan 6, 2016 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge (Post 25973881)

It’s coming >>

Something new?

awu25 Jan 6, 2016 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by fredlisancnc (Post 25974849)
Something new?

I'm sure it's very similar to what they've always had

SkyHarbor Jan 6, 2016 11:46 pm

Looks like it extends to May 15. In the past, I believe the Spring promotion ended on April 30.

leeky Jan 7, 2016 1:24 am

since that's what MC announced I think you might be right.

[SkyHarbor;25976290] Looks like it extends to May 15.

correct.

Originally Posted by SkyHarbor (Post 25976290)
In the past, I believe the Spring promotion ended on April 30.

dank0014 Jan 7, 2016 1:30 am

Maybe it is just me and I am just reading into it too much, but think this may be something different. The use of "unlock" different parts and the use of three wins indicates perhaps a challenge with various rewards (e.g a bonus for certain achievements or something beyond just nights).

Then again, Marriott's marketing department has been pretty crappy lately with effective marketing (travel personality campaign = epic fail)

hhoope01 Jan 7, 2016 6:33 am

Originally Posted by dank0014 (Post 25976597)
Maybe it is just me and I am just reading into it too much, but think this may be something different.

It is possible they have tried to "spice up" the Megabonus offerings.

It is just as likely they have made only minor changes too. Remember when they touted that they were adding Points+Cash reservations and that turned out to be nothing more than marketing speak. :eek:

mclymerne Jan 7, 2016 7:13 am

Maybe they are going to pattern after IHG who rewarded you by staying in multiple types of their brands, using their credit card, etc. I do like the fact they are extending this into May this time. Couldn't figure out why they were just eliminating an entire spring month in their promos.

VickiSoCal Jan 7, 2016 10:38 am

Originally Posted by mclymerne (Post 25977508)
Maybe they are going to pattern after IHG who rewarded you by staying in multiple types of their brands, using their credit card, etc. I do like the fact they are extending this into May this time. Couldn't figure out why they were just eliminating an entire spring month in their promos.

Well, last year there was no summer bonus, so they didn't include all of MAy, June, July or August of 2015.

Personally I'd rather have a bonus that ends on April 30, with a summer bonus, than one that ends May 15 with no summer bonus.

sdsearch Jan 7, 2016 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal (Post 25978663)
Well, last year there was no summer bonus, so they didn't include all of MAy, June, July or August of 2015.

Personally I'd rather have a bonus that ends on April 30, with a summer bonus, than one that ends May 15 with no summer bonus.

Yes, but if there's not going to be any summer bonus anyway, I'd rather have this bonus extend two weeks later, especially if it makes some of the bonuses be bigger. (In previous cycles, shorter promo periods linked with the smaller bonus maximums.)

Jiatong Jan 8, 2016 7:00 am

wonder more about SPG to be included ??;)

notquiteaff Jan 8, 2016 3:17 pm

I am new to Marriott; never paid much attention to the previous MegaBonus promos. But this time I happen to have a one week stay booked already at a Marriott property, starting Jan 30. What do the T&C for these promos usually say about eligibility days? Will my stay count? Partially? Thanks!

VickiSoCal Jan 8, 2016 3:28 pm

All paid stays in the bonus period count.

notquiteaff Jan 8, 2016 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal (Post 25986683)
All paid stays in the bonus period count.

Thanks, but my (paid) stay starts two days prior to the bonus period (but extends six days to the promo period). So (how) does that count?