Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

MegaBonus® is here! Feel like a winner. Register now; earn Feb 1 – May 15.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Segments
Updated with what we know as of Feb 14, 2016

A

Win #1: Earn a free night after two stays
Win #2: Unlocked after # 1-(takes several days after cert posts) 2500 points for one additional stay
Win #3: Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide (aka nothing)

B

Win #1: Earn 10,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 bonus points each additional night, up to 20,000 bonus points
Win #2: At the same time, earn a free night after two paid stays (register separately in your online account)
Win #3: Unlock a new bonus points offer in your online account after you win #1 and #2- additional 1000 per night, for max of 5000 more points [This offer is unlocked (email notification) after your account contains the 10,000 (not 20,000) bonus points and the free night cert.]

C

Win #1: Earn 15,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus 3,000 bonus points each additional night, up to 30,000 bonus points
Win #2: At the same time, earn a free night after two paid stays (register separately in your online account)
Win #3: Unlock a new bonus points offer in your online account after you win #1 and #2 -additional 1000 per night, for max of 5000 more points [This offer is unlocked (email notification) after your account contains the 15,000 (not 30,000) bonus points and the free night cert.]
Print Wikipost

MegaBonus® is here! Feel like a winner. Register now; earn Feb 1 – May 15.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:12 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge
Original Poster

MegaBonus® is almost here. Register beginning Jan 19. Earn Feb 1 – May 15.

MegaBonus ® is worth the wait. Starting February 1, you’ll have more ways to win than ever before. Classic cities, buzzworthy beaches and unexpected new spots – get that winning feeling at 4,000+ hotels worldwide. Details coming soon – registration opens January 19. Stay more, earn more!

It’s coming >>
Attached Images  
Old Jan 6, 2016, 4:38 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
MegaBonus ® is worth the wait. Starting February 1, you’ll have more ways to win than ever before. Classic cities, buzzworthy beaches and unexpected new spots – get that winning feeling at 4,000+ hotels worldwide. Details coming soon – registration opens January 19. Stay more, earn more!

It’s coming >>
Sweet!!!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge

It’s coming >>
Something new?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by fredlisancnc
Something new?
I'm sure it's very similar to what they've always had
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:46 pm

Looks like it extends to May 15. In the past, I believe the Spring promotion ended on April 30.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:24 am
Suspended

since that's what MC announced I think you might be right.

[SkyHarbor;25976290] Looks like it extends to May 15.

correct.

Originally Posted by SkyHarbor
In the past, I believe the Spring promotion ended on April 30.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:30 am

Maybe it is just me and I am just reading into it too much, but think this may be something different. The use of "unlock" different parts and the use of three wins indicates perhaps a challenge with various rewards (e.g a bonus for certain achievements or something beyond just nights).

Then again, Marriott's marketing department has been pretty crappy lately with effective marketing (travel personality campaign = epic fail)
Old Jan 7, 2016, 6:33 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dank0014
Maybe it is just me and I am just reading into it too much, but think this may be something different.
It is possible they have tried to "spice up" the Megabonus offerings.

It is just as likely they have made only minor changes too. Remember when they touted that they were adding Points+Cash reservations and that turned out to be nothing more than marketing speak.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: Marriott , United, Delta, Priority Club
Maybe they are going to pattern after IHG who rewarded you by staying in multiple types of their brands, using their credit card, etc. I do like the fact they are extending this into May this time. Couldn't figure out why they were just eliminating an entire spring month in their promos.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mclymerne
Maybe they are going to pattern after IHG who rewarded you by staying in multiple types of their brands, using their credit card, etc. I do like the fact they are extending this into May this time. Couldn't figure out why they were just eliminating an entire spring month in their promos.
Well, last year there was no summer bonus, so they didn't include all of MAy, June, July or August of 2015.

Personally I'd rather have a bonus that ends on April 30, with a summer bonus, than one that ends May 15 with no summer bonus.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Well, last year there was no summer bonus, so they didn't include all of MAy, June, July or August of 2015.

Personally I'd rather have a bonus that ends on April 30, with a summer bonus, than one that ends May 15 with no summer bonus.
Yes, but if there's not going to be any summer bonus anyway, I'd rather have this bonus extend two weeks later, especially if it makes some of the bonuses be bigger. (In previous cycles, shorter promo periods linked with the smaller bonus maximums.)
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
wonder more about SPG to be included ??
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I am new to Marriott; never paid much attention to the previous MegaBonus promos. But this time I happen to have a one week stay booked already at a Marriott property, starting Jan 30. What do the T&C for these promos usually say about eligibility days? Will my stay count? Partially? Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All paid stays in the bonus period count.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
All paid stays in the bonus period count.
Thanks, but my (paid) stay starts two days prior to the bonus period (but extends six days to the promo period). So (how) does that count?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.