Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Grosvenor House (London, UK) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Lobby renovation is complete. Executive lounge is on ground floor (not a M Lounge).
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Grosvenor House (London, UK) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
This is a great review and very helpful...is this one of the best central London hotels for those looking for high-end properties with executive lounges? Looking for a Marriott property that is not too large, but refined with nice amenities.
GH is my favorite property in London!

Just heard that it's exec lounge is going to be closed for renovation from April 24th-end of June. Golds/Plats receive breakfast in the restaurant during the closure (and presumably those booked on exec lounge floor).

So if your stay is during that time frame, you might consider St. Pancras (only if you're a Plat; Golds don't get much there) or Park Lane if you want both morning & evening access to lounge.

Park Lane might work out better for you given you're booking 4 rooms. For St. Pancras you'd need to book the Barlow Rooms (going from memory here) in order for all 4 rooms to access the exec lounge, & that might be pricier than at Park Lane. Park Lane has a better location than St.P, but St.P is historic building with lovely lounge (if you have access).

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Apr 21, 2014 at 8:53 am Reason: add some additional info...
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Park Lane might work out better for you given you're booking 4 rooms. For St. Pancras you'd need to book the Barlow Rooms (going from memory here) in order for all 4 rooms to access the exec lounge, & that might be pricier than at Park Lane.
At the St. Pancras you need to book a Chambers Suite if you are not a Platinum in order to have access to the Chambers Club (which is the lounge). In the past they also offered Barlow "club" rooms at a higher rate than Barlow rooms without the "club" designation, but I do not see this option any longer. At the time it was a pretty steep up-charge (perhaps £90 per day), but definitely less than the additional cost of booking a Chambers Suite. It now appears that based on availability you may be able to upgrade to a Chambers Suite at check-in, but the up-charge is always over £100, and there is no guarantee of availability. The Barlow rooms are in the new wing. They are nice, but quite modern and lack the uniqueness of the original parts of the hotel.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by lexdevil
At the St. Pancras you need to book a Chambers Suite if you are not a Platinum in order to have access to the Chambers Club (which is the lounge). In the past they also offered Barlow "club" rooms at a higher rate than Barlow rooms without the "club" designation, but I do not see this option any longer. At the time it was a pretty steep up-charge (perhaps £90 per day), but definitely less than the additional cost of booking a Chambers Suite. It now appears that based on availability you may be able to upgrade to a Chambers Suite at check-in, but the up-charge is always over £100, and there is no guarantee of availability. The Barlow rooms are in the new wing. They are nice, but quite modern and lack the uniqueness of the original parts of the hotel.
Thanks for the update - got the 2 mixed up.

Cheers.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
GH is my favorite property in London!

Just heard that it's exec lounge is going to be closed for renovation from April 24th-end of June. Golds/Plats receive breakfast in the restaurant during the closure (and presumably those booked on exec lounge floor).
Will it be enlarged in any way?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by jsmeeker
Will it be enlarged in any way?
The FTer who told me about it said this: "As for JW, a new and larger lounge is expected to open around the end of June as per the e-mail I received."

Cheers.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Nice. Maybe I'll have to go back and stay again. Assuming I am still Platinum. I loved my stay there, but would also consider other properties (particularly County Hall due to what I think is a smashing location)
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:01 pm

Lobby:

Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:03 pm

The Library (place for tea or drinks):

Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:05 pm

Champagne bar:

The Park Room (place for afternoon tea or evening drinks)

Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:06 pm

Famous "Red Bar"

Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:09 pm

Le P'tit Cafe (scrumptious pastries), coffee, espresso, etc...

Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:13 pm

On front of the mini-bar - can't say they didn't warn you!

Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:17 pm

Living room - one of the better suites...

Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:20 pm

Bedroom of suite:

Walk-in closet:

Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:23 pm

Bathroom:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.