Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in South Florida [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in South Florida [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2005, 6:21 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Question Recent Experience w/Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa or Delray Beach Marriott

Here is the scoop. My wife and I are expecting our first child next June. So we're looking to go away one last time as a couple. Specifically looking at the last week in January. Usually we're more low-key kind of folks and aren't into the resort scene. We like comfortable but not pretentious properties. For this trip, we expect to spend more time in the hotel than typical and will probably use more of the services (e.g. restaurants and pool area). We also want to be on the beach. Finally, we're combining the trip with a visit to family in the Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale area.

I currently have reward reservations for the Marriott Harbor Beach & Spa property (basic room 120K for 5 nights) and the Delray Beach Marriott (135K for 5 nights upgraded to a partial ocean view room). Could also get an upgrade to either a suite (non ocean view for the same amount of points) or an ocean view suite for a total of 165K. Are the upgrades worth it? I have plenty of points so that isn't an issue. Just want to know if the view is truly better (e.g. full ocean). I am looking for advice from folks who have been to either property recently (search didn't yield much information). Also would consider another FS Marriott beach property in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale/Boca area.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--Jon
Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Nobody, Hertz Gold, Avis Select
I stayed at the DelRay Marriott and it was ok..Nothing to write home about. I was upgraded to an ocean view room which isn't truly an ocean view. More of a quasi-view since I'd have to walk out on the balcony and look over the road to towards the ocean. If you're standing along A1 looking at the marriott, my room was on the right side. The front desk did screw up payment at check-out since I did 1 night award, 1 paid night and 1 night using the Weekend Getaway certficiate. They failed to apply the certificate and after pointing that out to them, they quickly fixed it.

The other thing that I remember about that particular property is that it appears to be a common place to host parties so it can get busy & loud, especially if guests are staying at the hotel overnight and are on the same floor as you.

The beds were comfy though
Old Nov 29, 2005, 8:53 pm

Programs: Delta platinum, Marriott platinum
I have stayed at both locations altho it has been seven years since Delray Beach and a couple since Harbor Beach. I agree with the prior post re Delray Beach being ok, but nothing great. Harbor Beach, on the other hand, is one of our favorite hotels in the Marriott system. The service, location, and facilities are all excellent. We have stayed at Harbor Beach a number of times, and have been fairly successful asking for complimentary upgrades to ocean view or ocean front rooms. Bill Marriott vacations most Januaries at Harbor Beach.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 1:27 pm

The Harbor Beach is very nice and I'd recommend it. I was upgraded to a suite with a great view in July. Another one you should consider is the Renaissance Eden Roc on Miami Beach. Their suites have great views too.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 7:22 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Harbo Beach is the winner!

Thanks for the advice everyone! Consensus from FT and some extended family members is the Harbor Beach, so we're going with that one. I checked out the Renaissance Eden Roc on the Marriott site and it also looks very nice; however, it doesn't have award availability for my dates.

--Jon

P.S. I'll post a brief trip report on the hotel after we return at the end of January.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 9:17 pm

Question

A couple of additional questions on the Harbor Beach Property:

1) I am debating whether or not to rent a car. Are there any good restaurants outside of the resort within easy walking distance (<= .5 miles). If not, are cabs easy to get?

2) I notice they list a car rental desk on the property, but don't state which agency. Do you happen to know which one? If not, NBD I'll just call the hotel.

Depending on the answers to 1 & 2, we may just take a cab over from the airport and rent a car for a day or two for side trips.

--Jon
Old Dec 4, 2005, 2:14 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
We have stayed at both over last couple of years and prefer the Harbor Beach over Delray. You will be a short walk from the Water Taxi stand. Cheap way to see the intercoastal and get to many of the great restaurants. You can get a map online or at the hotel when you arrive. I believe a three day pass is about $12.00 each. You should not need a rental car. We will be there the third week of January on an award stay and I will update you after our stay
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Talking

I didn't see really any set thread on this hotel, though my search may have been off, so I'll post my thoughts here on the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort. Quite simply, it's awesome. I'm normally a Hhonors guy but do stay at Marriott's occassionally so I'm only silver. In spite of this they did the following for me:

1. Full ocean front room even though I booked no view at discounted rate
2. Welcome gift of an extra-large hotel branded super soft beach towel AND a sturdy over-sized beach bag with a holiday note from the manager
3. An elite member reception which included free beverages and appetizers, punch and a bag full of products from their spa

It goes without saying that this resort is lovely, the best in FLL when you factor in location, beach, peacefulness and activities available. But as a lowly silver that really is not loyal to Marriott that often, they blew me away with their recognition. It makes me want to maintain silver so I can come back next year!
Old Jan 5, 2006, 8:07 pm

South Beach Stay

We stayed at the South Beach Marriott over the New Year's weekend on an amazing priceline rate of just over $120 per night. The room was a combination of typical Marriott corporate with a bit of South Beach art deco thrown in for good measure. The room was nicely sized, and the bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows and padding. The hotel is in a great location, right on the beach at the quiet lower end of South Beach. It is far enough away from the loud radios and honking horns of central South Beach but only a $6 or $7 cab ride from all the action.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 10:17 pm

Miami Beach Marriott property for kids?

Looking for any input people might have on which Marriott property to choose on Miami Beach that will be appropriate for a family stay with our 10-year-old in Aug 06. Must be on the beach.

In the past, we have stayed at the Sheraton Bal Harbour, and have loved their pool area (waterslide!) and beach access. But now we hear that property is being torn down, and I am migrating out of SPG and into Marriott anyway.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!
Old Jan 5, 2006, 10:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
You may want to view the Marriott Rewards Thread entitled "Miami South Beach vs. New Hollywood Beach Marriotts."
Old Jan 6, 2006, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Better yet, I'll merge the two threads. Incidentally, I'll be at the new Hollywood Beach Marriott in a couple of weeks and will post a report.

Bruce
Old Feb 4, 2006, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM - Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by mdf63
Looking for any input people might have on which Marriott property to choose on Miami Beach that will be appropriate for a family stay with our 10-year-old in Aug 06. Must be on the beach.

In the past, we have stayed at the Sheraton Bal Harbour, and have loved their pool area (waterslide!) and beach access. But now we hear that property is being torn down, and I am migrating out of SPG and into Marriott anyway.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!
You may want to check the Rennasaince Eden Rock in Miami Beach. It is a large beautiful property over a nice strip of beach. Amazing renovation over the old and creepy Eden Roc. It certainly will be better for a family rather than a boutique hotel in South Beach.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 6:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Where Is This Place from South Beach?

A relative has booked us into the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Beach on the Ocean. Its a very good price, but I'm concerned it will be way away from everything. I've never been to South Beach, but am assuming its a bit like Duval Street in Key West, and looking forward to it in hopes it will be the same slightly upscale tourist cheesy/funky without the second flight or long drive to Monroe County. For purposes of the trip, the hotel is simply a place to sleep, but its not worth saving a few bucks if its too far away to meet trip expectations, so has anybody been there? (A swimmable beach would be secondary but a plus).
Old Feb 4, 2006, 6:28 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT/Delta PM/Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by jayer
A relative has booked us into the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Beach on the Ocean. Its a very good price, but I'm concerned it will be way away from everything. I've never been to South Beach, but am assuming its a bit like Duval Street in Key West, and looking forward to it in hopes it will be the same slightly upscale tourist cheesy/funky without the second flight or long drive to Monroe County. For purposes of the trip, the hotel is simply a place to sleep, but its not worth saving a few bucks if its too far away to meet trip expectations, so has anybody been there? (A swimmable beach would be secondary but a plus).

The hotel is on the Ocean and the beach is ok, you are a $6 dollar cab ride to all the action, Lincoln road, the Delano, Ocean drive, My preference is always the South Beach marriott, but the rates are crazy, the courtyard and fairfield inn are a lot more reasonable, and it is a very short cab ride.

Hope this helps
FV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.