Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in South Florida [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in South Florida [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2002, 8:51 am

There's a nice new SpringHill Suites in WPB (maybe at Yamato Rd.?), or you could try the Marriott or Courtyard at Cypress Creek (northern Broward County).
Old Jan 27, 2002, 7:00 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Recentley stayed at the WPB Courtyard. Typical airport location. View of 95 or office buildings. This is a newer Courtyard. Staff was excellent. They offer a schuttle to the airport and where willing to take us to other destinations ( we went to City Place for Dinner). If you are going in and out, this is a good place to stay. Especially if you do not wish to rent a car.
Old Jan 27, 2002, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
Try the Marriott accross the street from the ocean in Delray Beach. It's a nice property with lots of restaurants close by!

TW
Old Jan 28, 2002, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Just got back from a weekend at the Renaissance in Boca Raton. It has a lovely pool area and is very well located for both business and leisure. Warning-Concierge lounge is closed on weekends. A big plus is that it is a category 4 and you can use all the free weekend night coupons there (or at the Ren on the 17th St Causeway in FLL).

[This message has been edited by monitor (edited 01-28-2002).]
Old Feb 9, 2002, 3:23 pm
nhy

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks for the suggestions! I wound up staying for one night at the Marriott Biscayne Bay (in Miami, before driving up to PB), two nights at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Palm Beach, and one night at the TownePlace Suites Ft. Lauderdale West (before my 7am flight from FLL.)

I was happy w/all three properties. Biscayne Bay was beautiful, and I was upgraded to a room with a view and a balcony. Next time I might try the Miami Beach location instead, as there wasn't really anything nearby that I wanted to see. The Fairfield Inn was in a ritzy location (a few blocks down from the Four Seasons Palm Beach), which was a nice surprise. Pretty new property, fine for the money ($99.) The TownePlace Suites was in a business district, seemed pretty safe and was also relatively new; it was about 20 minutes from the airport. FYI...
Old Feb 9, 2002, 5:52 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
in staying at a few hundred different Marriotts, Fairfields, CY, RI, SS, Renaissances...I can't say there have been many "bad" ones. They keep them up, unlike Ramada, Comfort Inn, etc.
Old Feb 11, 2002, 3:47 pm

Well WPB and FLL are a bit apart so that must indicate some latitude, unless you are trying to determine where to fly in.

Anyway I have stayed at the Boca Raton Renaissance...it is an excellant property with a fantastic staff.

For lower key, the Towneplace in Boca is nice with a generally good staff. The Spring hill in Boca is nice also. Of course you do not get full points at the lower end franchise.

TFB
Old Apr 28, 2002, 8:24 am

MIA/FLL Beach Locations

I'm looking for any reccomendations for a beach location in the MIA/FLL area. I will be there for 3 nights in late June and will have a 5yr old. I need to be walking distance to the beach - preferably not too rocky of a beach.
I've gone thru the differnt beach locations and it is hard to tell the quality. A resort is better but I prefer location. The Fairfield Inn Miami Beach was only $69 but that seemed too cheap.

Old Apr 29, 2002, 1:16 pm

BeachPlace is a Marriott time share but they also rent rooms and condos. It is located along A1A just across the street from the Ft Lauderdale's main beach. It is surrounded by shops, reataurants, bars, etc.

Also in Ft Lauderdale is a very nice Marriott Resort & Spa located on the beach.
Old Apr 29, 2002, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I also vote for BeachPlace, but be prepared to lay out some bucks!

Bruce
Old Apr 29, 2002, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
If the Beachplace is a Vacation Club (Is that what you mean by Timeshare) then they will not honor your Marriott Reward Status other than the points, don't expect any upgrades etc... again all this is on the assumption that the referred property is a marriott vacation club
Old Apr 29, 2002, 3:08 pm

If you are traveling with a 5 year old, I would strongly suggest Marriott Harbor Beach, which is directly on the beach. I have stayed there a few times, and also have young children. It is a very nice, upscale, but casual resort. Great, huge pool area,poolside snack bar with kiddie food, drinks, etc. and a nice , wide beach. The whole resort was recently remodled, but strangely the rooms are not really all that great, especially for the price. Oceanview rooms have a beautiful view.

BeachPlace, where the Vaca. Club is, is across the street from the beach, and the area is a little more adult oriented. Both are near Las Olas Blvd, which is nice for dinig, shopping, just hanging out.

Hope this helps.
Old May 3, 2002, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Marriott Harbor Beach in FLL is the best. Has its own beach (whereas Beachplace is across the street from the public beach). Beautiful resort with great service.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Bringing this back to life... I'll be going to Miami in mid august.. Does anyone have any opinion of the 4 pts South Beach? Also properties at the airport for my last night in town (early a.m. flight)..

thanks
Old Jul 26, 2002, 11:26 am

Just saw your post now. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Miami Beach over President's weekend. It was clean and comfortable and seemed to have been redone recently. (Get a look at the Ramada across the street and you'll see what it probably used to look like). Also, $69 is a great price. I paid $166 (although a holiday weekend + the boat/yacht show.)
I don't know which 4 points you're referring to. There is one 2 blocks up which is pretty nice. And in between there are Days inn, Best Western etc. These are all pretty much the same. I would go FI or 4P unless I got a good deal at the Fountainbleu or Eden Roc. BTW, try biddingfortravel.com, it looks like people were getting the Sheraton Bal Harbor for 60 or less on priceline. Now that is a sweet deal. Points or no points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.