Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel (Orchard Road) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel (Orchard Road) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:04 am

You may try here:

mhrs.sindt.reservations(at)marriotthotels.com
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:19 pm

Thank you so much.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Back here

just noticed, the hotel has been re-branded Tang Plaza...

hmmm, wonder if Marriott will have another FS in Singapore?

(RC aside..)
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Wickersley
Back here

just noticed, the hotel has been re-branded Tang Plaza...

hmmm, wonder if Marriott will have another FS in Singapore?

(RC aside..)
On the Marriott website it says "Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza" and still available for booking.

Cheers.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:23 am

Many moons ago before Marriott took over the mgmt, it was an independent hotel called Tangs Plaza. Going back to their roots I guess.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by eastnortheast
Many moons ago before Marriott took over the mgmt, it was an independent hotel called Tangs Plaza. Going back to their roots I guess.

Grrrrr, Jetlag....

I asked a staff member earlier - apparently the change took place 1st April

I'm told that there is a COURTYARD being built "just up the road"

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
On the Marriott website it says "Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza" and still available for booking.

Cheers.
Yip, apologies for any confusion -very much still part of the chain - previously it was "Marriott Singapore"
Old May 27, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
117 SGD or $86 for extra person in Marriott Singapore?

Never seen this exactly before. Trying to book three adults into the Marriott Singapore (not a lot of options there). Room rate is 320 SGD or 40K points per night, but either way I do it, adding a third person results in a 117SGD charge for the third person. That's $86 per night. No, that's not a charge for a roll away, nor is it a charge for lounge access. That's because I'm adding a third person.

Now I know the rooms are small. I guess they may be charging more because they have to get you into a room size that can accommodate 3 people. But have any of you seen this before? Any advice?

My options are limited. I have a few SGP points, and a few IHG points, not enough for a 3 day stay. Although pricey, I don't have an issue with the base rate, but the add-on price for the third person.

Billy
Old May 27, 2015, 9:08 am
Suspended

In Singapore, yes, as well as a few other asian destinations.

Just think of all that extra shower water that will be consumed !!!!

Originally Posted by Delta3MM
Never seen this exactly before. Trying to book three adults into the Marriott Singapore (not a lot of options there). Room rate is 320 SGD or 40K points per night, but either way I do it, adding a third person results in a 117SGD charge for the third person. That's $86 per night. No, that's not a charge for a roll away, nor is it a charge for lounge access. That's because I'm adding a third person.

Now I know the rooms are small. I guess they may be charging more because they have to get you into a room size that can accommodate 3 people. But have any of you seen this before? Any advice?

My options are limited. I have a few SGP points, and a few IHG points, not enough for a 3 day stay. Although pricey, I don't have an issue with the base rate, but the add-on price for the third person.

Billy
Old May 27, 2015, 9:10 am

OP, you might want to read the property thread to see if/how others dealt with an additional charge.

Cheers.
Old May 27, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
sneak person #3 into the hotel in a suitcase
Old May 27, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Dress person #3 up in a dog costume to come and go from the hotel.
Old May 27, 2015, 10:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Dress person #3 up in a dog costume to come and go from the hotel.
Is it a pet friendly hotel? lol Even if it is. Pet fees might be more than the triple occupancy cost.
Old May 27, 2015, 11:24 pm
Suspended

This hotel, like most in Singapore, does not allow pets although I have seen quite a few guests here that needed to be on a leash.

Originally Posted by jsucool76
Is it a pet friendly hotel? lol Even if it is. Pet fees might be more than the triple occupancy cost.
Old May 28, 2015, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
You should contact the hotel - telling them that you are Plat to see if they wave the third person charge. I had this added on too - it's Marriott Reservation system according to a FD at a CY. If you say something they will wave it, if you don't be prepared to pay.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:17 am

Saw this in an article today:
"
Brand new poolside cabanas line the outdoor swimming pool, restored pool pavilions provide casual social spaces, and the award-winning Pool Grill restaurant is ever-present by the hotel's re-opened Level 5 pool.

Pool Terrace Rooms also received a facelift this summer. These elegant and spacious rooms provide guests with direct access to the newly renovated pool. However, these brilliant rooms have a resort-style allure all their own. The décor is clean and cozy, furnishings are state-of-the-art, and each room features glorious floor to ceiling windows that fill the room with light and create seamless harmony with clear Singapore nights. Rooms open up to their own veranda, unfurling stunning views of the Singapore hotel's swimming pool as it glistens in the sun or shimmers under the stars.

Sharon's note (not sure if anything was done to the Pool Grill in the renovation, but they're touting that too).

And they have a promo going: The Perfect Couples Getaway. Now through December 31st, 2015, the Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel wants to help couples create a brilliant experience and make incredible memories. The hotel's Couples Getaway Special starts at $898 per room, per night. Included in this thoughtful package is a one night stay in a Pool Terrace Room, signature welcoming cocktails for two, an America breakfast and champagne for two -- served on the terrace (or in the room), a 3-course dinner at the poolside cabana -- complete with wine and romance, and personal butler service throughout the stay. Couples can book their getaway at http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel...g-plaza-hotel/.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.