Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2002, 11:37 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
I am at the SpringHill Suites in Montreal right now and can say, without a doubt, that this is the best Marriott property in the city!
Old Jun 15, 2002, 3:01 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I am presently at this hotel. Nice hotel.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 6:32 pm

Programs: CO, Starwood, AA, DL, Hilton, Marriott
How is the breakfast and how do the rooms compare with the Chateau Champlain, which I really like. My wife and I were planning on staying at the Auberge du Vieux Port around the corner for a business trip of mine next month, but I'd rather get the points in the drop in romance factor isn't too great.
Old Jun 20, 2002, 7:09 am
Original Member
Original Poster

The SH Montreal is brand new so everything is modern. The room I stayed in (609) was bigger than any Champlain room I have ever stayed in. Just to let you know that the odd number rooms on the 6th floor are bigger than the even numbered rooms. The corner rooms are ven bigger. Some rooms have balconies on the executive level (5th floor ??)

Breakfast at SH is nothing to speak of. They offer continental only so no eggs etc..

The SH is attached to a very good restaurant (oldest in MOntreal??) and a spa.

Old Jun 29, 2002, 9:49 am

In Montreal: Marriott or the Renaissance??

I would appreciate any opinions regarding a Montreal stay. In previous posts, some have preferred the Renaissance. Tauck puts their people in the Marriott. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Jun 29, 2002, 2:32 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
If your planning on using the Metro as your mode of transportation, the Marriott works great as the station is accessed from the hotel.
Old Jul 1, 2002, 8:23 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

FWIW, I also prefer the Marriott!
Old Jul 1, 2002, 1:34 pm

I would also cast my vote for the Marriott over the Renaissance in Montreal. I had a wonderful stay at the Montreal Marriott a little over a year ago. The concierge lounge was nice, on the top floor with a nice view of the city. I was there on business, but the staff was very helpful in suggesting things to do during my limited free time. The location is nice too - right on the Metro line.
Old Jul 1, 2002, 2:59 pm
R&R

It is a HUNDRED steps from you room (on any floor) and stepping onto the Metro TRAIN.
A elevator takes you down to the Metro level from the lobby. I counted each and every step, because it seems so close!

Old Jul 2, 2002, 4:11 am
DOC 2 BE

Well, you probably know that I prefer the Ren of the two, but in any event, I suppose you are going to the Jazz fest and since I am staying at the Bonaventure, we are almost neighbors!

Are you going to any of the ticketed events?

Old Jul 2, 2002, 4:55 am

We'll be in Montreal in September, sorry to miss the jazz fest. Now trying to get ahotelin Quebec. No Marriotts. The hotels are VERY expensive.Open to suggestions if there are any.....
Old Jul 2, 2002, 10:28 am
DOC 2 BE

Definitely the Quebec City Hilton. If you are Gold Hilton you will get an upgrade and lounge access. Also, you only need to book for 1 as the spouse stays free.

If you are not Gold at Hilton -- well you ought to be!!! Go to the Hilton forum and read the posts and get the code!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call and you are Golden -- literally and figuratively!

Old Jul 2, 2002, 11:37 am

Ditto Marriott in YUL and Hilton in YQB
Safe travels!

------------------
I miss Canadian Airlines
Old Sep 6, 2002, 5:12 pm

best way to get from YUL to Montreal Chateau Champlain

I am staying at this Marriott from Sep 28 -30. I am flying into and out of YUL airport. I would like to find out what is the best way to get to the hotel from the airport? I am looking for an economical solution that is not terribly inconvenient, and will have limited baggage.

Any suggestions appreciated. Please let me know if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

Thanks.

Old Sep 6, 2002, 7:06 pm

There's no solid mass transit solution, like Washington, Atlanta, or the London airports. A taxi will be about $CD30, or about $20 US. The Aerobus is about $CD11, but it runs to the downtown Aerobus "station" and you may still need to take a taxi to the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.