Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Gran Hotel dei Dogi, The Dedica Anthology, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gran Hotel dei Dogi, The Dedica Anthology, Venice, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2013, 1:45 pm

Anyone know why this hotel is not showing up when trying to book with points online? Can a rep book it with points for me?
Old Feb 23, 2013, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by MikeR397
Anyone know why this hotel is not showing up when trying to book with points online? Can a rep book it with points for me?
Not sure what your dates you are looking at, but if you go to the Marriott website for the hotel (Boscolo Venezia) it will show paid rates if rooms are available but not available for point redemptions.

I did find some dates with point redemptions available so the standard room type is:
Deluxe, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Twin/Single Bed(s)

If your dates fall into when the hotel has Deluxe rooms yet no points availability (or classifying standard "Deluxe" rooms as "Deluxe Comfort" rooms) you may call Marriott and report them.

Last edited by MyTravels; Feb 24, 2013 at 7:41 am Reason: corected, some dates have Deluxe & Deluxe Comfort
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by MyTravels
If your dates fall into when the hotel is being mischievous with room inventory you may call marriott and report them.
Thanks. I plan to call Marriott to try to get this booked. I'm looking at 8/23 - 8/25 , and they definately disappear from the search results when I change to "pay with points" option .
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
also no availability for points during August: 1-4; 16-19; 23-25; 30-01 (Sep)....
http://www.marriott.com/reservation/...ityCalendar.mi
have no idea why, but if you find out from MR please post............

Thanks. I plan to call Marriott to try to get this booked. I'm looking at 8/23 - 8/25 , and they definately disappear from the search results when I change to "pay with points" option .
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
If you put in 8/23 and search with my dates are flexible, you should be able to see and book it.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
no you won't................that's why I posted the dates in August that are NOT available, supra, for points and where to find the info..............

Originally Posted by iztok
If you put in 8/23 and search with my dates are flexible, you should be able to see and book it.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
no you won't................that's why I posted the dates in August that are NOT available, supra, for points and where to find the info..............
I was able to book on points. 80k for 2 nights that weekend.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by iztok
I was able to book on points. 80k for 2 nights that weekend.
Eh... I was looking for Rome

Oooops

Sorry
Old Feb 24, 2013, 7:31 am

also no availability for points during August: 1-4; 16-19; 23-25; 30-01 (Sep)....
On Aug 23rd there are standard, "Deluxe, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Twin/Single Bed(s)" available for payment, and unless it's extraordinary demand dates it should be available for points redemption.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 1:17 pm

Will call Marriott this week and post back.

I've got several destinations in Italy and the French Riveria I'm planning, and have 390k Marriott points burning a hole in my pocket. I will be at the Boscolo Roma 8/17-8/20 and could do Venice 8/20 - 8/22 next, when award nights are available, then do Florence after Venice instead of after Rome, but as I'm paying cash for a hotel in Florence (Marriott has no good hotels in Florence), I'd prefer to pay for week rates and use my Marriott points in Venice on the higher weekend rates, not to mention the train travel time will be broken up better from with Rome/Florence/Venice (followed by 3 nights in Cinque Terre and then 5 award night stay at JW Cannes seems the best Marriott in French Riveria) before coming home.

BTW, booked a great double open jaw with stopover with United on points for my wife and I for this trip. 62.5k miles economy each for CMH to FCO ; NCE to CMH ; then 2 months later CMH to HNL. Hell of a good value of airline points .
Old Feb 24, 2013, 8:35 pm

I'm paying cash for a hotel in Florence (Marriott has no good hotels in Florence)
A little off topic but the AC Hotel Firenze is actually a pretty nice hotel (although admittedly not in the city center, but not too far away either). Feel free to PM me if you have questions about the AC Hotel Firenze.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by MyTravels
A little off topic but the AC Hotel Firenze is actually a pretty nice hotel (although admittedly not in the city center, but not too far away either). Feel free to PM me if you have questions about the AC Hotel Firenze.
Thanks. I noticed that, but city center is a requirement for me for Florence which is why I ruled it out.
Old May 1, 2013, 9:27 am

I was having the same problem as MikeR. A few dates in July that seem to have "regular rate" availability but no point redemption options. Did you ever hear back, Mike?
Old May 1, 2013, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Thanks. I noticed that, but city center is a requirement for me for Florence which is why I ruled it out.
4 minute train ride from the AC to the main station or a little bus into the city... Real easy to get to city center and it is a nice, new hotel.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 9:50 am

I enjoyed the stay at the Boscolo. It is very walkable from the train station and I enjoyed the quite neighborhood away from the mobs of tourists very much (the dining in this area was also much better/more authentic/cheaper). The hotel itself is going for an "old age elegance" theme, which some interpret as "out of date." I prefer a modern style in hotels, but found this to be nice. We found the air conditioning to be VERY weak and not do a good job of cooling our room.

The breakfast in the gardens was amazing (free with Marriot Gold status). The property has the largest and very nice gardens in all of Venice, and has a pretty/quite canal on the front and faces the water on the back.

A great option to use 35k Marriott points a night, especially if you have Gold or Platinum Status for the free breakfast, but I personally thought the Boscolo Palace Roma was a nicer hotel with a even better breakfast (nearly identical, just more hot options in Rome).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.