Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by ktkw
Anyone know if you can get the Chase Marriott 70k after getting this card and getting the bonus aswell?
Yup.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:30 am

I've had no problems getting the points from all four Marriott cards plus the RC card.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by nall
The thing about LAX is that it's poorly laid out - there are eight separate terminals, and most of them require you to exit security, walk or take a bus to the other terminal, and re-enter security.

Unless you've got a lot of time, whether or not you have a lounge you can access depends on what terminal you're flying through.
Ugh. I'm foresee I am going to have a lot of trouble using this $300 credit.

- We fly Southwest - so no bag check charges.

- I like lounges - but it looks like I am going to have a hard time finding a lounge to use. I fly primarily domestic - out of Detroit (the other terminal for SW so no Delta Lounge *sigh*). My plans for the next year or so are Orlando, Los Angeles, and maybe the Caribbean along with quick trips here and there to other destinations like Nashville or Denver.

- I have both Priority Pass (from another CC) and the Lounge Club (through the RC CC) but doesn't look good so far for either program. At this point, I'll just pay for the full daypass for whatever lounge.

- I'll pay for Early bird check in just to cover the incidental - but it really is more or less a waste for me since 75% of the time it's not a big deal for us to do it at the 24 hr mark.

I have $300 to use before the end of the year and my plans are:
- $25 for Early bird check in for 2 people (recent trip to Rhode Island)
- $50 for Early Bird Check In for 4 people for our family trip at Christmas
then....
- Lufthansa lounge at DTW North Terminal for 4 people?? (can we buy daypasses?)
OR
MCO (will be flying from Terminal B so no lounges available).

Any idea how to use up the rest of my $300 incidental?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 3:36 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by elainesj
Any idea how to use up the rest of my $300 incidental?
Buy WN gift cards?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, HHonors Diamond,
I searched through the forum and couldn't find this posted. I received my card last March, therefore my club level certificates were issued in April with an expiration date of April of 2015. I inquired about making a reservation for Labor Day and was told that since the certificates expire in April of 2015, I wouldn't be able to use them for my stay in September of 2015. I guess it makes sense, but I would've thought my redemption would be upon making the reservation not the stay.

I could book the room and then just have it looked at again in April/May, but availability may not be there. Although not a deal breaker since I was just inquiring, if I was looking to book in May (which is when I'm usually able to go on vacation), I'd be cutting it even closer to try and use a certificate.

Although I do see the other benefits and value of the card, I was somewhat disappointed and may be rethinking things.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:32 pm

Your fortunate!

Originally Posted by HookEm
There have been several comments above, such as in #617 and#620, that maintain the Ritz club-level upgrade certs are worthless because there are cheaper rates that can be booked to get on the Club level. Oh really? I booked Amelia Is. in Nov., South Beach in Sept., and Key Biscayne in Sept. at $299, $249, and $299 respectively, and received confirmed upgrades. These rates were on the Ritz website. So where are these rates that I can obtain that will get on the Club level at a cheaper price? I am skeptical of these negative comments. I hope I am wrong, and I hope I am proved wrong, but I challenge the naysayers to tell me where the cheaper rates are. These rates I`ve listed look pretty good to me.
That's fabulous that you were able to book the cheaper rates and use the upgrade certs. Many times however it hasn't been so easy and the rate is often higher than if you just booked club alone. Perhaps you can share which rate was eligible with the certs? Many thanks.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:10 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I have a question about the reimbursement of ancillary fees. Can I get a refund on either of the following:

1. 300 USD rebooking fee of a flight?
2. 300 USD purchase of on board duty free items?

Both responses about what is permitted and practical experience are appreciated.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:31 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:19 am
Old Nov 10, 2014, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by mster
Any kind of "fee" should be reimbursable - even if they're larger ones. I've used it for AA close in booking fees for example. Taxes on award flights are hit or miss.

Duty free in flight is... intriguing. Definitely worth a test charge to see how the purchase codes then if it looks good just keep the individual charges <$100 each to be safe.
Totally agree and do not forget that Chase gets level 3 data from united. AA is better in hiding the charge type
Old Nov 10, 2014, 7:28 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:19 am
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mster
Any kind of "fee" should be reimbursable - even if they're larger ones. I've used it for AA close in booking fees for example. Taxes on award flights are hit or miss.

Duty free in flight is... intriguing. Definitely worth a test charge to see how the purchase codes then if it looks good just keep the individual charges <$100 each to be safe.
I was denied reimbursement when rebooking a flight. They gave me a reason that when it shows up on the statement with the route information, they do not reimburse. My rebooking showed as Delta MIA>ORF with a $99 fee and it was refused. I called twice hoping it was a mistake but was denied both attempts.

The terms are below:

"Only the following types of non-ticket Net Purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight internet/entertainment; in-flight meals; Global Entry fees. ("Net Purchases" are purchases of goods and services made by you or any authorized user on your account minus any returns or refunds, and do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) We do not determine whether merchants correctly identify and bill transactions as being of a certain type. However, we do reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for statement credits. Statement credit will post to your account within 5-7 business days and will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement within 1-2 billing cycles. Qualifying purchases made by authorized users on your account are eligible for statement credits; however, only the obligor on the account, not authorized users, may request statement credits. Maximum statement credit accumulation for this offer is $300 per calendar year. The Ritz-Carlton Rewards is not responsible for offer fulfillment or the provision of or a failure to provide the stated benefits and services."
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:00 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I did the rebooking with LH, so I will wait to see how it posts before calling them. I think the inflight duty free will be more of a challenge.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:47 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by chelly1540
That's fabulous that you were able to book the cheaper rates and use the upgrade certs. Many times however it hasn't been so easy and the rate is often higher than if you just booked club alone. Perhaps you can share which rate was eligible with the certs? Many thanks.
you used rates on the Ritz web site. If you use a rate such as American Express which are often cheaper, you cannot use the upgrades
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by chelly1540

I don`t understand your comment regarding the rate being "higher than if you just booked the club alone". For every RC where I stayed, I booked the cheapest standard rate listed on the RC website by calling the number on the back of my RC credit card. I used one of my 3 Club upgrade certs for each reservation, thereby saving as much as $300/night over the listed Club level room rate. Also, I received a $100 credit per reservation that I could use for anything except the room and tax. So I found the Club upgrade certs to be quite valuable, and I do not understand how some other people can say they are worthless.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:16 am

Has anyone been reimbursed for Delta gift cards recently or anytime in 2014?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.