Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 5:51 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by msp3
How many Marriott/Ritz-Carlton points do you need again for the 1:1 airline/hotel redemption?
Assuming you are talking about a Travel Package award, those can be found at Marriott Travel Package Awards
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:22 am

Hey guys. Long time lurker and first time poster here. I decided to finally come out of the woodwork and start contributing to the forums here. I do have a quick question though about this credit card (and by implication about the Chase Marriott Rewards personal/business cards as well).

I've gone ahead and churned this card along with the Marriott personal/business cards all under my rewards account. It has worked out fantastically. However, my significant other wants to now churn these cards as well. Would everything work out if she signed up for the cards using my Marriott rewards account # in order to consolidate all of our points? The terms and conditions of the credit card offer are silent regarding this tactic, but something tells me it could definitely backfire.

As a worst case scenario, she would obviously just create her own rewards account and tie the cards to it rather than mine. However, this would not be ideal/optimal for our purposes.

Does anyone have any experience doing this, and/or could anyone confirm that they've done this successfully?

Many thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by thm1223
Hey guys. Long time lurker and first time poster here. I decided to finally come out of the woodwork and start contributing to the forums here. I do have a quick question though about this credit card (and by implication about the Chase Marriott Rewards personal/business cards as well).

I've gone ahead and churned this card along with the Marriott personal/business cards all under my rewards account. It has worked out fantastically. However, my significant other wants to now churn these cards as well. Would everything work out if she signed up for the cards using my Marriott rewards account # in order to consolidate all of our points? The terms and conditions of the credit card offer are silent regarding this tactic, but something tells me it could definitely backfire.

As a worst case scenario, she would obviously just create her own rewards account and tie the cards to it rather than mine. However, this would not be ideal/optimal for our purposes.

Does anyone have any experience doing this, and/or could anyone confirm that they've done this successfully?

Many thanks!
I don't know the answer, but you may want to search this thread as they may have one for you.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...edit-card.html
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Assuming you are talking about a Travel Package award, those can be found at Marriott Travel Package Awards
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by SuperDudley
I don't know the answer, but you may want to search this thread as they may have one for you.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...edit-card.html
The Marriott Rewards Program's T&C is also silent regarding this. I think we'll just put my Rewards Account # on the application and see if there is a problem. If there is, we'll just request that they setup a new account under her name and dump all the points/benefits into it.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, RCplatinum, Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by lkar
When you call for credit, they ask you what the expenditure was for. (At least in my experience.) Are you asking whether anyone has gotten away with buying gift cards, admitting they did so, and getting the credit? Or are you asking whether you can buy gift cards, claim it is something else, and get away with it?

I think the answer to the first is almost certainly no, since the terms and conditions are pretty clear. I think the answer to the second is yes, but it's up to you and your own comfort level with respect to what you're willing to say.
easier to get reimbursement with Chase than Amex. I had a $240 airline charge. I called Chase ready to tell them the true nature of the charge. I said I wanted to be reimbursed for a $240 charge on the Ritz card. The CSR askef for the date and amount, never asked the nature of the charge and said I should see a credit on my statment within 4-6 weeks. Two days later the credit showed online. MUCH easier than Amex
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:24 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nccarguy
...The CSR askef for the date and amount, never asked the nature of the charge and said I should see a credit on my statment within 4-6 weeks. Two days later the credit showed online. MUCH easier than Amex
But is that the normal Chase experience or a one-off?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, RCplatinum, Hyatt diamond
To be honest I'll take a one off every once in a while
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:31 pm

That was my experience as well. I realize it's only two data points but it does seem to be what I've heard generally as well.

The customer service on this card is phenomenal. I thought CSP was good (and they are), but this JP Morgan "Executive" service line is another level. Since they are who you talk to regarding airline credits, etc., it makes sense that it would be pretty easy to get things credited.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:04 pm

How is it easier than AMEX? everytime AMEX has been automated for me - that's pretty easy....
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Bigserver1
That was my experience as well. I realize it's only two data points but it does seem to be what I've heard generally as well.

The customer service on this card is phenomenal. I thought CSP was good (and they are), but this JP Morgan "Executive" service line is another level. Since they are who you talk to regarding airline credits, etc., it makes sense that it would be pretty easy to get things credited.
Agree. FWIW, I am 3-3 the other way with being asked, but the last time was several months ago.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:08 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
There are so many versions of this offer I am a little confused. For the 140K offer, is the $300 in airline credit for each calendar year? Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind. Answered in a different thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23401951-post619.html

Last edited by swy; Aug 27, 2014 at 10:25 am
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Couple of data points:
1) Attempted to apply for 140K offer (F5BP) over the phone
2) Attempted to apply for 70K offer with 1st year free (F53K) over the phone

Both times rep (seemed to be from US call center) said that those codes couldn't be applied over the phone and that you needed to apply online through your Ritz Carlton Offers link.

So, seems like the best publicly available offer right now is for 70K points, $200 GC, AF NOT waived.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 5:37 am

I applied 1 month ago with the F5BP code, after moving 5000 from my Hyatt to Ritz was approved. My husband applied yesterday with F5BP code and had to give up credit on several accounts to get approved for the 140000 offer.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by jameswes
Couple of data points:
1) Attempted to apply for 140K offer (F5BP) over the phone
2) Attempted to apply for 70K offer with 1st year free (F53K) over the phone

Both times rep (seemed to be from US call center) said that those codes couldn't be applied over the phone and that you needed to apply online through your Ritz Carlton Offers link.

So, seems like the best publicly available offer right now is for 70K points, $200 GC, AF NOT waived.
Has anyone had an approval using these codes since this person posted? Or can we just put a fork in this deal and call it done?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.