Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by highops
Isn't Z34 the Ritz Card $100 stay credit and Z38 the Club upgrade rate?
Yes, but the z38 is no longer searchable online. IME, they are often the same rate, so I use z34 as a bearing for price when trying to apply an upgrade cert.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by in4tar
I tried the codes, the result was "this rate is not available". But didn't realize that $100 credit has anything to do with the room you book.

I didn't ask to discount my room rate by $100. I just called and asked if I can use $100 credit (for, let's say, dining in the hotel) and was told that to be able to use this $100 credit at all, I need to book a more expensive room.
Funny, it's not even the cheapest room at RC Kyoto that I booked - it's their "water view luxury double". Still...
I have found that I have to request the $100 credit when applying the cert. When it was searchable online, there was a z38 rate with and without the $100.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: UA GS & Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by highops
Isn't Z34 the Ritz Card $100 stay credit and Z38 the Club upgrade rate?
That's correct. The issue is that the Z38 rates aren't showing online any more. In the past (when it was working and there was upgrade availability) I always got the same rates online for Z34 and Z38. Upon calling in, the agents were able to get the same rate with both club upgrade and $100 cc credit applied but it has always taken them a lot of time/effort. I'm just trying to find out if others have had the same experience getting the club upgrade applied to a Z34 rate without a change in rate.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: AE Business Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt,, Priority Pass for AE & RC Chase, Global Entry, CLEAR
I have Gold Elite with Marriott from the RC card. I think that's why I have a 7 nts club upgrade in my account. However it expires one day before I was planning on being at the New Orleans Marriott. I'm guessing that there is no leeway and I'll have to book the extra night.

I've read different opinions in past threads here, but hoping that even if I have the cheapest conference rate room I can still use that club upgrade. If I do get that, am I also eligible for the regular room upgrade that Elites normally receive?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by ajhun9
I could use some assistance using a club cert. I have a room booked at ~$275/nt for 4 nights. It's the lowest rate offered on the Ritz website and comes with a $50/nt resort credit. I didn't input any offer codes to get it on the website. It just shows up under the "Standard Rates" tab under a "Stay Longer" sub-heading. When I called to use a club upgrade cert, the agent said the rate would bump to $375/nt, which actually equates to a $150 increase per night incl the loss of the $50/nt credit.

However, when I input the "Z34" code on to the website, I am able to book the same $275/nt rate, but instead of the $50/nt credit, it is replaced by the $100/stay CC credit.

Shouldn't I be able to get the $275/nt rate, $100/stay credit and club upgrade based on the rate that is showing up for Z34?

I wouldn't normally gripe about this, but every time I have tried to use these certs, the agents have had a lot of trouble pulling the best rate, so I'm just not convinced $375 really is the appropriate rate in this instance. I.E., in the past, i've always been able to get the website Z34 rate when using the club cert. I'm happy to trade the $50/nt credit for a $100/stay credit if it means I keep the $275 rate and get club access.

Any advice is appreciated!

My advice is to ask a question. You're staying 4 nights, with the potential of $50 credit per night. That's $200.

Why would you want to pay the same rate and only get $100.

50*4>100*1
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by onebigworld
I have Gold Elite with Marriott from the RC card. I think that's why I have a 7 nts club upgrade in my account. However it expires one day before I was planning on being at the New Orleans Marriott. I'm guessing that there is no leeway and I'll have to book the extra night.

I've read different opinions in past threads here, but hoping that even if I have the cheapest conference rate room I can still use that club upgrade. If I do get that, am I also eligible for the regular room upgrade that Elites normally receive?

You should receive 3 more upgrade certificates (usually before) your current ones expire.
You would be able to request a status upgrade but Ritz usually only has standard club room and then suites, and suites are excluded from status upgrades.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:21 pm

Programs: AE Business Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt,, Priority Pass for AE & RC Chase, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by jsucool76
You should receive 3 more upgrade certificates (usually before) your current ones expire.
You would be able to request a status upgrade but Ritz usually only has standard club room and then suites, and suites are excluded from status upgrades.
Thank you, juscool76. I read it incorrectly - this appears to be 3. This is what it says on the Marriott site under "rewards/myAccount":

Unused Certificates
Posted Description Points Value Expiration
08/12/15 CLUB LEVEL UPGRADE UP TO 7 NIGHTS - 3 0 09/12/16
08/12/15 CLUB LEVEL UPGRADE UP TO 7 NIGHTS - 2 0 09/12/16
08/12/15 CLUB LEVEL UPGRADE UP TO 7 NIGHTS - 1 0 09/12/16

Just got off the phone with Marriott Elite and she said my club level upgrades were only good for Ritz Carlton Hotels...?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Just got off the phone with Marriott Elite and she said my club level upgrades were only good for Ritz Carlton Hotels...?
That is correct. They only good for the Ritz - it is a Ritz card after all.

They usually don't have a problem extending the certificate if it make sense (i.e. couple of days or weeks)
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
That is correct. They only good for the Ritz - it is a Ritz card after all.

They usually don't have a problem extending the certificate if it make sense (i.e. couple of days or weeks)
Thanks MD/DC Flyer. What confused me is that this was on my Marriott rewards site. And my points gained by signing up for that RC card are showing up as Marriott points.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
i was told this is a one time exception to extend a cert.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:40 pm

So now I see this on the website for the Marriott New Orleans. I don't need to upgrade to club lounge level.

Our M Club Lounge host is at your service daily:

Morning: 6:30am to 2:00pm
Evening: 4:00pm to 11:00pm
Treat Yourself to Access
Marriott Rewards Gold and Platinum Elite members and one guest can automatically enjoy access as part of their Elite status.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
So now I see this on the website for the Marriott New Orleans. I don't need to upgrade to club lounge level.

Our M Club Lounge host is at your service daily:

Morning: 6:30am to 2:00pm
Evening: 4:00pm to 11:00pm
Treat Yourself to Access
Marriott Rewards Gold and Platinum Elite members and one guest can automatically enjoy access as part of their Elite status.
As one of the benefits of the card is Gold status for the first year (and after that with $10K spend a year) you will get club access in all none Ritz hotels.

This is THE reason I keep this card.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:37 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks MD/DC Flyer. What confused me is that this was on my Marriott rewards site. And my points gained by signing up for that RC card are showing up as Marriott points.
Marriott rewards and Ritz Carlton rewards are basically the same program. You just can't be signed up for both.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by United747
Marriott rewards and Ritz Carlton rewards are basically the same program. You just can't be signed up for both.
You are technically signed up for both if you sign up for one.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:36 pm

hiima and all, thanks. That would explain why my points gained from the RC Chase card are showing up on my Marriott online account. And why the club upgrade certificates for RC properties is showing up there too. Odd that the Elite membership awards representative couldn't explain that and inform me that I get club lounge at a Marriott hotel as a benefit so I didn't need to worry about those certificate dates anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.