Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2014, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. I am at the property with no car during the day while the husband is visiting clients. I will give it a try one day next week and report back. As I stated, I am well aware of the limitations of this property but the husband is required to book within a certain rate range for business travel and since I'm staying for free I'm not really in a situation to complain.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I'd rather have the money and not be mistreated, as I have been at the Waikiki Marriott. Sure, the Courtyard isn't fancy, but I will stay there almost any day over the Waikiki Marriott, for reasons that I have explained before in this thread.

Bruce
Old Jan 2, 2014, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you can find me a rate of 175 or less with no resort fee at the Waikiki Marriott I will happily change! I would rather be nearer the beach. But I think this will be the fourth time I have stayed at the CY with the husband and it's functional. He goes to work in the morning, I go for a nice run, walk somewhere to lunch, take the bus to go snorkeling, or just walk over to the beach and hang out for the afternoon. Then he comes back, we go to dinner somewhere within walking distance. It's a kidfree get away that costs me very little and is better than staying at home. :-)
Old Jan 2, 2014, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
And you avoid the uppity (occasionally nasty) staff at the Waikiki Marriott who see nothing but Platinum guests all day long and won't give us any recognition of any kind.

Bruce
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by bdschobel
And you avoid the uppity (occasionally nasty) staff at the Waikiki Marriott who see nothing but Platinum guests all day long and won't give us any recognition of any kind.
I had always assumed Platinums were a commodity product.

While I prefer the Waikiki Marriott over the Courtyard, I did sense an attitude from the hotel staff. I can't explain it either since it seems uncharacteristic of both the Marriott brand and culture.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I go for a nice run, walk somewhere to lunch, take the bus to go snorkeling, or just walk over to the beach and hang out for the afternoon.
This is why I too continue to stay at the CY, Im hardly spending time on property. Besides I love raiding the freezer pop freezer whenever Im there. And the bus from the airport stops right across the street and picks me up in front of the hotel for the way to the airport

As a returning Plat they always set me up in the other tower by the salt water pool. No noise, larger room. Any time I came and the room wasnt ready they always handed me the keys to a room so I could change and hang by the pool till my room was ready

The staff has the right ATTITUDE, something that is lacking at The Marriott
Old Jan 31, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
HNL: CY or FS Waikiki?

I might be going to HNL next week. I have a res for both the CY and the FS for about the same price, but the CY rate includes brekkie.

I stayed at the FS a few years ago, never at the CY. I don't plan to have a car, will walk or take pub trans wherever I go. I know the FS is closer to the beach, but what other factors should I consider?
Old Jan 31, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: HY DIA, HI Gold, M Plat, SPG Gold, AC Plat
I stayed at the Courtyard a couple of years ago during a portion of my Honeymoon. Unless things have changed, I would probably go with the Marriott as it is in a much better location and is a much better looking hotel. The courtyard was converted from another brand and so is not your standard courtyard. Rooms are on the smallish side, the property itself is away from the ocean and the rooms are worn. The breakfast provided is via a third party restaurant on the lobby level of the hotel. While the breakfast was ok, its nothing I'd really go out of the way for.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
At the FS, you will receive a daily breakfast coupon (buffet) for one person if you are Gold or Platinum. As there were 2 of us staying there for 3 days, we used 2 coupons one day, went out to breakfast (on our way to Pearl Harbor) another day, and used the final coupon in conjunction with the 25% off food purchases that you get as Gold/Platinum for the second breakfast. You also get a ticket per day to use for a beer or Mai Tai at the pool bar.

The hotel was very convenient for going out at night, walking along the beachfront, etc. I wasn't crazy about Waikiki in general, but had no issues with the Marriott.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
"Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott" on this forum, with 411 posts through earlier this month:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-marriott.html
Old Jan 31, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
I would pick the FS. The CY isn't in a good spot and as others have stated, rather worn.

Are you set on staying in Waikiki? Ko Olina is much nicer and there is a JW and MVC property there. Any time I'm near HNL, I stay in Ko Olina.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note the poster does not have a car, which makes Ko Olina less attractive.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Thanks for all the info. I did a search but somehow missed that other thread.

I've never considered those others out of town because of transportation.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:50 am
Suspended

Hello FTers,

While CY has not been commended by our FTers according to past posts, I would like to seek you guys' advice on the comparison between the Marriott and the Hilton Hawaiian village? I plan to have no car, and stay for three nites. As a 1st timer, which is more preferred?

Thanks!!!!
Old Feb 2, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
On the other hand...

if you're at the CY that means you're on Kuhio Ave, which means you have a much better chance of seeing the 6 ft, blonde tranny hooker in the Catholic school girl outfit! ^ The FS also borders Kuhio, but much further Diamond Head than the CY...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.