Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Hotel Website: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Official List of Cosmopolitan Bonvoy Elite Benefits: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/marriott-bonvoy-at-the-cosmopolitan-of-las-vegas

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the only charges that qualify for Points are as follows:
- Room rate, room service food and beverage, in-room movies, phone calls and in-room minibar purchases
- Points cannot be earned on any other purchases at hotel outlets or for hotel services

The Cosmopolitan is a "resort," so basically the only elite benny is a possible upgrade. Elites are not exempt from the resort fee

Resort fee is $39+tax effective 01/01/2019. Also as of that date, parking (self & valet) is complimentary for hotel guests.

Cosmopolitan is exempt from providing free wifi to Plats per Marriott's T&Cs, however it is included with the mandatory $39 daily resort fee so there is still no extra charge to any guest for using it.

Platinums receive:

* use of Platinum check-in area (to the left of main desks)

* Platinum arrival gift is $10FB coupon or 1,000 points

* room upgrade (space available) - better luck on mid-week stays than weekend stays. sometimes a 'sandwich' (ie, bribe) to front desk does the trick.

* free tea/coffee 6am - noon in the plat lobby check-in area

* Wicked Spoon: Marriott Rewards Platinums (and PPs) get to use preferred line and get 15% discount when staying at the property. Just show your MR Plat or PP card.
You can book through Virtuoso as well as Amex FHR for complimentary breakfast buffet at Wicked spoon.

Resort fee:

* $39 (+ tax) per day for resort fee, which includes gym access, local + long distance calls, Wifi, pool access. The resort fee is not waived.

Receiving Bonvoy Points for a Stay:

Many have reported needing to follow up to have Marriott Bonvoy points manually posted post stay (they do not typically post automatically.) A tip is to email [email protected] shortly after a stay asking them to manually forward your folio to Marriott Bonvoy for processing.

Hat tip to billycwhatup for this:

* Identity points and MR points can not be earned on the same stay

Other tips

The Terrace Suites are the most common room type and are classified as studio and one bedroom, with options for King, 2 Queens with or without a fountain view. They are essentially the same size, however (10 sq ft difference), but the layouts differ.

The King Studio Suite has a standard bathroom with shower and tub, a living room area with large sitting area and an L shaped sofa and the bed is in a separate area, though not separated.

The King One BR Suite has the same kind of living room area, with the bedroom separated by sliding doors and the bathroom is larger, with a "soaking tub".

If you get a terrace suite of any kind with 2 Queens, the living area will be smaller.

And unless your room type is described as "fountain view", you aren't guaranteed it, though Platinum status will get you upgraded on check in if they have one available.

If you book any of these room types and want to aim higher, I would try a giving the receptionist a 50$ "sandwich", and ask if any wraparounds upgrades would be available. If they say yes, there is a good chance that it will be a wraparound facing south-east or south-west, which for me would be a no go. Taste in view is personal of course, but for me the fountain-Eiffel tower view are so much nicer than the south facing views. Also when you would have the choice between a low level wraparound or high level terrace suite, I would still take the high level terrace suite, because a number of floors on the east tower are blocked by the big Bellagio sign. (see youtube vids).

If you really want a high level wraparound then you probably would have to pay, which can sometimes be not that much. If I'm not mistaken I think they offered me a wraparound at 150$ per night more, but we originally booked a 1 bedroom terrace room without view.

Last tip : If you would get the choice of wraparound I would definitely take a high floor east tower one, facing north-east. That would give you bellagio fountain + eiffel tower view, but also a good portion of the south strip.

Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2012, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by DCNatFan
Interesting thing just happened to my upcoming reservation for 1/19-1/22/13. I booked the room back in October for 189.99 on a LNF rate, no mention of a resort fee. Just received an email from my award wallet account showing a change in upcoming reservation. Sure enough I logged into my account and there is a resort fee charge of $28/day. What a bunch of bs.
Just checked my reservations, same here.

I suspect the Cosmopolitan has updated MARSHA to add the new resort fee to all reservations and rate codes, however I don't think Marriott's systems are smart enough to recognize reservations made before X date, thus this has just been applied to all reservations.

It will be taken care of at Cosmopolitan's end.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:51 pm

Response I received tonight regarding the resort fee:

Thank you for contacting Marriott. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

The resort fee is a new option for The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection®. It was recently added and is valid for stays after January 1, 2013. The fee includes high speed Internet access, unlimited local, toll free, and domestic long distance calls, 24 hour fitness center, and tennis court access based on availability.

As a Platinum Marriott Rewards member, you already receive complimentary Internet and local calls. You also receive a discount on domestic long distance calls.

We would be more than happy to contact the hotel and ask that you are 'grandfathered' to no resort fee since your reservation was made in October, if you would prefer this. We are unsure if the hotel would not allow you into the fitness center or tennis courts. Please advise if you would like us to contact the hotel on your behalf.

We would ask that you allow the hotel three to five business days to respond.

If we can be of further assistance, we invite you to reply to this email.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP

Thank you for contacting Marriott. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

The resort fee is a new option for The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection®. It was recently added and is valid for stays after January 1, 2013. The fee includes high speed Internet access, unlimited local, toll free, and domestic long distance calls, 24 hour fitness center, and tennis court access based on availability.
You should tell them thanks and that you will be declining this "option".
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by azmojo
Good point. I'm going by oxfordjames' statement that bookings before Dec 3 have the option of rejecting the resort fee, which I will do of course.

What's really a problem here is for Marriott plats that used to get Internet and other perks for free, and now they are paying for it just like everyone else. Sad.
Marriott Plats did not get gym access. It was $20 a day, per person or $50 for a 3-day pass.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by bigmarley4
+1 on giftcards working, but definitely be patient as they have to do a bit more work to process them so it takes a few more minutes to check out than usual.
To avoid that hassle, I went down to the desk during a slow time and had them apply the gift card to my folio. The only caveat is that, if you end up with a negative balance there is no way for them to refund the difference to you.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
"The resort fee is a new option for The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection."
Love the term 'option,' which implies it is optional when it apparently is not.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
all 6 of my reservations were changed as well. Let me know if anyone had any luck getting this credited back. I was just at the Cosmo for the last 3 days and would have brought it up if i would have saw this in time.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Why is the fee $28 on Marriott.com but $25 on Cosmo's website?

Even though my reservations were changed (resort fee added) (and were pre Dec 3), I assume there's no reason to do anything and just explain it away when I check in/out.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by azmojo
Why is the fee $28 on Marriott.com but $25 on Cosmo's website?

Even though my reservations were changed (resort fee added) (and were pre Dec 3), I assume there's no reason to do anything and just explain it away when I check in/out.
$25 + 12% tax.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 4:40 am

Response from the Cosmo:

To explain our Resort Fee, any reservations that were made before December 2nd, 2012 are not subject to the required Resort Fee. Upon check in, a front desk representative may ask if you would like to purchase the Resort Fee bundle, to provide you access to these benefits: Wireless Internet, Local & Long Distance Phone Calls (within continental US), and access to the Fitness Center.

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas has not yet decided if Marriott Rewards members will be exempt from this charge. As of now, the charge is required by any and all guests that stay with us.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 5:23 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA Premier (*G)
Response from the Cosmo:

To explain our Resort Fee, any reservations that were made before December 2nd, 2012 are not subject to the required Resort Fee. Upon check in, a front desk representative may ask if you would like to purchase the Resort Fee bundle, to provide you access to these benefits: Wireless Internet, Local & Long Distance Phone Calls (within continental US), and access to the Fitness Center.

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas has not yet decided if Marriott Rewards members will be exempt from this charge. As of now, the charge is required by any and all guests that stay with us.
+1

Got the same response!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 6:11 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
So i wonder if free internet is going away?

Response from the Cosmo:

They have been changing things by the month since they opened for Marriott members. I wonder if free internet will be going away (if they decided that Marriott members could opt out)? So you get zero internet/fitness but for $25 you get both.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA Premier (*G)
Originally Posted by MNAudiS4
They have been changing things by the month since they opened for Marriott members. I wonder if free internet will be going away (if they decided that Marriott members could opt out)? So you get zero internet/fitness but for $25 you get both.
In my opinion an opt out of free WiFi will collide with the actual Gold & Plat Benefits as located here:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/elite.mi
Additional Platinum and Gold Membership Benefits:
7. Free High-Speed Internet Access: Complimentary Internet access at all JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, AC Hotels, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Gaylord Hotels, and Courtyard by Marriott (outside of U.S. & Canada only). Not available in meeting rooms.
Cheers,
marcello
Old Dec 7, 2012, 8:15 am

I am sure they'll give gold/plats free internet no matter what their official policy is. You just might have to push it. Plus, I have to say when I am Vegas I am not too concerned about the Wi-fi.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: US Airways Gold Preferred, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Gold
Just a quick question. I booked straight through the Cosmo website for an upcoming reservation. I just called into this morning to add my Marriott # on to the res. I shouldn't any problems getting my Plat amenity and any possible upgrade right? We got a great upgrade last time we were there to a 1 BR Suite with a great view of the fountains on the 57th floor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.