Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today was a little better at WM. There was a line at the MC so I went to the SC and loaded BB. It took 4 swipes to load $500 and a couple of people had come while I was swiping so I only did the one card (OV).

I went back over to the MC and there was now no line. I did a $1K MO which took 4 swipes (VVs), then I moved aside and filled it out while the 2 people who had lined up behind me took care of their business. I went back and did another $1K (OV & VV), which took 3 swipes. That's not too bad, so I will keep going for now, but I won't carry too many cards at a time.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Privileges Gold, National Exec
Took 3 OVs with me to WM today to load to BB. First one took 1 swipe, second took 2 swipes, and third took 6 swipes. That was actually a lot better than I expected, so I was happy. These were all done using Kate.

Hope you all are having an enjoyable Labor Day!!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:04 pm

Maybe I am late to the party, but today when I was at the WM MC loading BB I noticed they had OV MC (not V) sitting on a rack for sale. The service charge was $4.94 . Have these been around for a while?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:23 pm
Suspended

I guess today was not my day! Tried Kate and MC (for BP) but not a single OV worked using both old and new terminals. Had to use (hate it) VGC for BP which I was saving for serve/BB loads later this week!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by JimJamBonks
Maybe I am late to the party, but today when I was at the WM MC loading BB I noticed they had OV MC (not V) sitting on a rack for sale. The service charge was $4.94 . Have these been around for a while?
Yes, WM has stocked GC's for a long time. This is not of much interest for MS, because WM won't get you 5X for buying them (and 2X or less is not worth the effort).
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:10 pm

there's a new Citi CC double cash back card that'll supposedly give you 2% CB. For every $500 GC, you'll earn $5.06 profit if you can immediately load them to Kate w/o hassles.

CapOne Quicksilver gives 1.5% CB on everything so you'll have $2.56 profit for every GC. Advantage of the CO QS CC is you will see your cash back soon as the transaction posts to your account.

It all depends on what type of profits you're looking for and how easy the GCs are to liquidate.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is really sporadic and highly unreliable.

Was lucky to get 1 OV each at 7-11 to wrap up the Chase Freedom quarterly promo.

At a regular store, one OV worked on 1st swipe but the next one failed on 3 swipes. These were done at Kate.

At a neighborhood store, tried the previously failed one at Kate, failed on 3 swipes. Tried at the CS failed on both swipes. Later exchanged it with WDMO at grocery store without any glitch.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:28 am

Visited 2 WM's last night to feed my Serve accounts some OV's. No equipment issues, but store clerks now enforce limits on the number of load transactions. The first WM only allows 3 load transactions per day at the CS desk, and 1 at the checkout. The second WM only allows 1 load at the CS desk, and 0 loads at the checkout. Those limits are employee enforced, not yet programmed into the system.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:42 am

OV MC is cash or debit only. Pass
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:35 am

So lately I've been getting this weird receipt printing out on one of my kates. It usually spits out in the middle of a transaction, during the "waiting for approval" phase after swiping my BB/Serve card. Anyone seen this or know what it means? The receipt reads:

**** REFRESH TERM CONFIGURATION ****
* C-APPLICATI Aug 27 2014 18:57:31 *
* METROLOGICAL CHECKSUM = 2785 *

The receipt will print out but will not affect the transaction in anyway - things proceed as normal and there is no screen prompt or anything different. Wondering if this is kate resetting itself? Resetting the velocity limit? It might be worth it to note that this particular kate has never been out of service for me (knock on wood). I've done $1999.99 loads on it regularly, back-to-back, after waiting 10-15 minutes (never pushed the limit). Just a curiosity. I should probably ask the CS desk about it next time.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by unkinected
So lately I've been getting this weird receipt printing out on one of my kates. It usually spits out in the middle of a transaction, during the "waiting for approval" phase after swiping my BB/Serve card. Anyone seen this or know what it means? The receipt reads:

The receipt will print out but will not affect the transaction in anyway - things proceed as normal and there is no screen prompt or anything different. Wondering if this is kate resetting itself? Resetting the velocity limit? It might be worth it to note that this particular kate has never been out of service for me (knock on wood). I've done $1999.99 loads on it regularly, back-to-back, after waiting 10-15 minutes (never pushed the limit). Just a curiosity. I should probably ask the CS desk about it next time.
I was encountering that receipt about a month or two ago... could never decipher what it meant.... but seemed Kate was happier after she informed me of the METROLOGICAL CHECKSUM
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MC was closed this morning, but the SC was empty. There were two cashiers in the SC, but neither was at a register, so I waited as if I were in line. After a bit, one of them went to a register and started typing. I saw from the display that she had put in a $1000 MO purchase for me so I went up to the register, but she keyed in a second $1000 MO before I could say anything. I sighed, but tried it anyway.

I got to 7 swipes with only 2 successful swipes, so I told her the transaction would have to be canceled. She got on a PA and asked for a manager and one called back immediately. She told the mgr that I could only pay for one MO and the manager reduced the purchase to 1 MO remotely -- I didn't know they could do that. I paid the $0.70 and asked if I could try some BB loads with the 2 cards that had failed. It took 4 swipes for 2 $500 loads, which wasn't too bad.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:28 am

I've also seen this message in between loads. If I remember correctly, usually is after loading at least $1K

Originally Posted by unkinected

Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
I was encountering that receipt about a month or two ago... could never decipher what it meant.... but seemed Kate was happier after she informed me of the METROLOGICAL CHECKSUM
According to many here, it means the sky is falling
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stoughton
According to many here, it means the sky is falling
No, that would be METEOROLOGICAL CHECKSUM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.