Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:32 am

Anyone having any success with loading OVs via Kate/MC/Registers? I feel like I had so much bad luck this month.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by commdiver
It would be a dream come true if OVs would get back to 100%.
OV is like the Rocky Balboa of MS, but this time it look's like he got distracted by multi-swipers and got sucker-punched. Seems he didn't take his nemesis seriously and is still deciding if it's finally time to stay down for the 10-count.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 5:07 am

Anyone try to load OV at WM POS in NYC?

if nobody tried it yet .. i'm volunteering to try it this week.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Anyone having any success with loading OVs via Kate/MC/Registers? I feel like I had so much bad luck this month.
OVs wouldn't load with regular registers today. I had to try it 2x at Kate before she took it. I held my breath a longer time before I saw the receipt printed showing acceptance. Whew! I got the message Debit not accepted at regular registers. I may just have to stick to RLs for now.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by hamhead
I'm sure he meant Mid February.

Moneygram and Wal-Mart have a relationship. When you buy MO in Wal-Mart, you are in fact buying from Moneygram with Wal-Mart as a middle man. Wal-Mart gets kick backs as part of providing the service in a retail space.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. ^
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Did it this morning. 4 cards, took 1-2 tries each, with one outlier taking 4 tries.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, DL Gold
1. Northern CA
2. Kate
3. OV
4. 1
5. N/A
6. 9/8/14
7. BB
8. Works consistently for amount under $50
9. CVS
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:33 am

Did you try amounts greater than $50?

If so, same success, or failure?

Will be going to try a SoCal kate later today. Was unsuccessful the other day 9/8, kate, OV, $500 swipes, 1-2 times per card, trying to load serve.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Mamibear
OVs wouldn't load with regular registers today. I had to try it 2x at Kate before she took it. I held my breath a longer time before I saw the receipt printed showing acceptance. Whew! I got the message Debit not accepted at regular registers. I may just have to stick to RLs for now.
If you have ready access to enough RLs to do your monthly Serve loads why would you even bother with VGCs?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by payeco
If you have ready access to enough RLs to do your monthly Serve loads why would you even bother with VGCs?
because I pay the same for OVs after the $1 credit I get from SC. Plus, it's my preference which doesn't affect others afaik.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Plus, it's my preference which doesn't affect others afaik.
I just meant because it allows you to avoid trips to the zoo.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by payeco
I just meant because it allows you to avoid trips to the zoo.
It's not an extra trip for me because the grocery store, W and WM are all in the same area. I also avoid all purchases coming from just my grocery store so I buy OVs and PPMCs from W for cheaper purchase fees using contactless payments.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:04 pm

I was able to unload OV cards on 9/9/14 and 9/10/14 via KATE onto BB in New Orleans, LA area. Took multiple swipes, 2X 2X 4X and 3X but unloaded 4 of them. Unable to buy any MO as all the KATE's seem to be out?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:09 pm

I also avoid all purchases coming from just my grocery store so I buy OVs and PPMCs from W for cheaper purchase fees using contactless payments.
Are you saying you are getting $1 back from Softcard even when using a linked credit card different than Serve?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:10 pm

It's not an extra trip for me because the grocery store, W and WM are all in the same area. I also avoid all purchases coming from just my grocery store so I buy OVs and PPMCs from W for cheaper purchase fees using contactless payments.
So you use got chase connected to your contact less payments so it automatically pull from that account? This way you get $1 back too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.