Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MasterCharge
Limits

As of November 20th, 2014, Loyal3 does not allows purchases of $10, $25 and $50 with a credit card.

Maximum purchase generally limited to $10,000 per IPO and $2,500 per month per non-IPO stock.
No Cash Advance:
Bank of America Virgin Atlantic
Bank of America Alaska Air
Barclaycard Arrival
Capital One (All Cards)
Citi Platinum AAdvantage Visa
Chase Hyatt
Chase Freedom
Chase Marriott
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United Business
US Bank Flex Perks

Cash Advance:
*Data Needed

Placing Orders

- Make sure when you place an order, the funding source is selected as your CC and not the Checking account that it defaults too. Loyal3 won't cancel the buy order, and some have suggested the only way is to put a stop on the amount by contacting your bank.

Current Stocks Available for Trade

*A total of sixty-two (62) as of 10/14/2014
  1. NASDAQ: FOX
  2. NASDAQ: AMZN
  3. NASDAQ: AAPL
  4. NASDAQ: ATVI
  5. NASDAQ: BWLD
  6. NASDAQ: DISCA
  7. NASDAQ: DNKN
  8. NASDAQ: EA
  9. NASDAQ: EIGI
  10. NASDAQ: FB
  11. NASDAQ: FTR
  12. NASDAQ: GPRO
  13. NASDAQ: GOOGL
  14. NASDAQ: HAS
  15. NASDAQ: INTC
  16. NASDAQ: KRFT
  17. NASDAQ: MAT
  18. NASDAQ: MSFT
  19. NASDAQ: MDLZ
  20. NASDAQ: MNST
  21. NASDAQ: PLAY
  22. NASDAQ: SBUX
  23. NASDAQ: VIAB
  24. NASDAQ: YHOO
  25. NYSE: GLOB
  26. NYSE: AMC
  27. NYSE: ANF
  28. NYSE: ARO
  29. NYSE: AEO
  30. NYSE: BABA
  31. NYSE: BUD
  32. NYSE: BRK.B
  33. NYSE: BBY
  34. NYSE: BKW
  35. NYSE: KO
  36. NYSE: DIS
  37. NYSE: DPS
  38. NYSE: GPS
  39. NYSE: HSY
  40. NYSE: HUBS
  41. NYSE: KATE
  42. NYSE: K
  43. NYSE: KSS
  44. NYSE: LB
  45. NYSE: M
  46. NYSE: MCD
  47. NYSE: NKE
  48. NYSE: NOK
  49. NYSE: PVH
  50. NYSE: PEP
  51. NYSE: ZQK
  52. NYSE: RL
  53. NYSE: SC
  54. NYSE: TGT
  55. NYSE: TWX
  56. NYSE: TRUP
  57. NYSE: TWTR
  58. NYSE: UL
  59. NYSE: VFC
  60. NYSE: WMT
  61. NYSE: WWE
  62. NYSE: YUM

IPO's for Trade Now

Print Wikipost

loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rrgg
This is an investment question. If there is potential upside to Apple then there's potential downside too. If you want to almost guarantee minimal to no loss for 6 months, maybe there some kind of money market fund you can buy. Even that is not 100% safe but practically speaking it is. (I haven't looked at loyal3's offerings.)
Is it not the purpose of this thread to explore loyal3 investment opportunity funded by MS motivations?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Look at the 52 week range for AAPL. There is a chance you may be down 20%, up 20%, or break even. Nobody can tell you what will happen with the stock.
No risk, no reward...right? If you do the right research, you minimize the risk, right?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by ChessMaster1
I been doing a lot of gambling with my MS techniques....PayPal and AP(many multiple accounts for both services) are the most dangerous, and MVD, Netspend, and etc. when there were beans. I was ready for my accounts to be held for a significant amount of time. I was ready for losses resulting from lost beans, gift cards, and other reloads. So far, I made a significant return from these MS techniques. I have not lost anything yet. What makes this MS technique any different from these other techniques? Is not like Apple's price is going to drop significantly in the next six months. Thanks for all the warnings though. With all the MS techniques I use, I thoroughly research them and calculate and plan the best way to use them before I use them.
I don't think this is a good idea for you, you obviously don't seem to know much about the volatility of the stock market.

AAPL 52 week price. 388.87 - 575.14

So in the last year, the stock has hit a low of almost $200 less compared to it's 52 week high. It is currently at 566. When you say there is no way the stock can drop much in 6 months, how do you explain an almost $200 drop? And you are looking to get 2% profit out of this? That can be gone in one day.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:36 am
Suspended

I don't think this is a good idea for you, you obviously don't seem to know much about the volatility of the stock market.

AAPL 52 week price. 388.87 - 575.14

So in the last year, the stock has hit a low of almost $200 less compared to it's 52 week high. It is currently at 566. When you say there is no way the stock can drop much in 6 months, how do you explain an almost $200 drop? And you are looking to get 2% profit out of this? That can be gone in one day.
again, it is that feeling. There is a good reason for the split, might be good or might be bad. I just have a feeling it might be good. I could be wrong...and I know how volatile the stock market is. That is the reason why I am trying to get some insight in the thread. And past performance does not necessarily predict future performance...
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:43 am

In Nov. and Dec. Apple was around $550. Yesterday it was $525. That's less than 6 months, so yes you could lose money in 6 months. Today it's up on some news, so you could get lucky.

Some people think it's an undervalued stock compared to peers due to its cash holdings, but that's not a guarantee. So go ahead and risk your money if you want as long as you can afford to lose it if something goes wrong, like an unforeseen problem with the company, a war breaks out, there's a currency crisis somewhere, or whatever.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rrgg
In Nov. and Dec. Apple was around $550. Yesterday it was $525. That's less than 6 months, so yes you could lose money in 6 months. Today it's up on some news, so you could get lucky.

Some people think it's an undervalued stock compared to peers due to its cash holdings, but that's not a guarantee. So go ahead and risk your money if you want as long as you can afford to lose it if something goes wrong, like an unforeseen problem with the company, a war breaks out, there's a currency crisis somewhere, or whatever.
Remember that I can only buy $2500 per month and if the price goes down, I will be buying at the cheaper price the following month. This minimize any possible loss in addition to my guarantee 2 percent return per month from my cash back card. I be less likely looking to invest in Apple if not for the fact that I can buy it with a 2 percent card. So I got little to lose but a lot to gain if I am right.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by chessmaster1
again, it is that feeling. There is a good reason for the split, might be good or might be bad. I just have a feeling it might be good. I could be wrong...and i know how volatile the stock market is. that is the reason why i am trying to get some insight in the thread. and past performance does not necessarily predict future performance...
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

this is the wrong forum if you are looking for stock advice.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lad2
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
So how it this forum to be used them? Just to blindly dump money into loyal3 stock with a rewards-earning credit card and then cash out at a future time with the hope of not having any loss while achieving a sign-up bonus. Just go blindly buy stocks in the hopes of achieving MS. I believe I am using this thread correctly because I am planning to use loyal3 for MS purposes with the additional benefit of investing in a good stock. I am pretty sure that some people using this service has done their homework and can give me great advice on a particular stock.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:31 am

No one is supporting your crazy investment ideas. You already made your mind, just do it.

You're like someone who's convinved their pyramid scheme idea can't fail... Regardless of who tells your, or what evidence of the contrary, you won't & can't be convinced.

Everyone has already posted how risky this. This is even riskier than a normal stock transaction because you have no control when your stock is sold.

You also stated 'Remember that I can only buy $2500 per month and if the price goes down, I will be buying at the cheaper price the following month.This minimize any possible loss in addition to my guarantee 2 percent return per month from my cash back card' - i usually don't like to feed the fire, but you aren't as smart as you think you are...

Last edited by tcook052; Apr 24, 2014 at 12:26 pm Reason: FT TOS violation
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:27 am

Haha the comments on here are getting pretty hilarious. You plan on investing in Apple because you have a good feeling? Oh boy.. Go google uncompensated risk.

The only way Loyal3 makes sense is if you are maxed out on all your other MS techniques. Here's how I plan on using it. On my next round of apps, I am going to add on a second Citi Exec card with a spend req of 10k in 6 months to net me 100,000 points. I wouldn't be able to hit this without Loyal3.

AF is $250($45- SC of $200). If I conservatively value AA points at 1 cent per point, I'll be netting $1,000 that I would not have otherwise gotten plus $100(10,000 points) for spending the money. So $1,100-$250 = $850.

I stand to make $850 on this deal. So if I buy $10,000 worth of 10 of the lowest beta stocks I can withstand an 8.5% loss and the only thing I'll have given up is my credit pull. Let's say I buy and hold for a week, now I'm betting that the stock market will not go down 8.5% in any one given week. Although the market is volatile, it rarely sees this type of drop. So my profit will be 8.5% - the drop(or the - gain) in the market. I'll take that bet.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wholeinone04
Haha the comments on here are getting pretty hilarious. You plan on investing in Apple because you have a good feeling? Oh boy.. Go google uncompensated risk.

The only way Loyal3 makes sense is if you are maxed out on all your other MS techniques. Here's how I plan on using it. On my next round of apps, I am going to add on a second Citi Exec card with a spend req of 10k in 6 months to net me 100,000 points. I wouldn't be able to hit this without Loyal3.

AF is $250($45- SC of $200). If I conservatively value AA points at 1 cent per point, I'll be netting $1,000 that I would not have otherwise gotten plus $100(10,000 points) for spending the money. So $1,100-$250 = $850.

I stand to make $850 on this deal. So if I buy $10,000 worth of 10 of the lowest beta stocks I can withstand an 8.5% loss and the only thing I'll have given up is my credit pull. Let's say I buy and hold for a week, now I'm betting that the stock market will not go down 8.5% in any one given week. Although the market is volatile, it rarely sees this type of drop. So my profit will be 8.5% - the drop(or the - gain) in the market. I'll take that bet.
I planned to do the same thing, diversify with many stocks to meet sign-on bonus. My plan for Apple is special because I have interest in it and I was planning on investing on it anyway.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:40 pm

A 2% built in gain on an investment portfolio is nothing to laugh at. Portfolio managers around the world would drool at such an opportunity. I will definitely be looking into this. Thanks OP for the thread.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by halfleafclover
A 2% built in gain on an investment portfolio is nothing to laugh at. Portfolio managers around the world would drool at such an opportunity. I will definitely be looking into this. Thanks OP for the thread.
You are giving up rights to get that 2%. Like the ability to put in stops or limits.
If the CEO of the company you are invested in dies in a car crash tonight, it could take 2 days for your to be able to sell the stock.

Other brokerages gives you much more flexibility, and there are plenty of ways to get free trades.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by halfleafclover
Your Welcome...I am surprise that more people don't see it this way.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:19 pm

You are giving up rights to get that 2%. Like the ability to put in stops or limits.
If the CEO of the company you are invested in dies in a car crash tonight, it could take 2 days for your to be able to sell the stock.

Other brokerages gives you much more flexibility, and there are plenty of ways to get free trades.
If the CEO dies, you are the last to know. By then, the damage is already done.

Major brokerages have computers that literally comb the news all day and trade on it in milliseconds. Investment bankers sit plugged in to the news all day as they trade.

By the time you as an individual investor find something out, log onto your account, and trade it, the big guys have long since made their moves.

In short, if you trade on news as a small investor you're doing it wrong. You'll be selling at the bottom.

--

I don't disagree you're giving up something by not having stops/limits, but making the argument that being able to react fast enough to news isn't one of them. You're never fast enough, loyal3 or not.

Last edited by hamhead; Apr 24, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.