Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by PaulaSS
Does anyone find it worthwhile to load Chase Gift Cards on to BlueBird online and just paying the $2.00 fee? Especially considering Chase Gift Cards can be purchased online without a fee right now.
I couldn't even figure out how to do this when I wanted to, it wouldn't accept my billing address.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by aradisc
I couldn't even figure out how to do this when I wanted to, it wouldn't accept my billing address.

I think I know why. Have to call chase and put your billing address in the file on the card
Old Sep 7, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Just loaded 3x Chase GC at WM. One at kiosk with the MoneyCard button, one at kiosk with BB button (hadn't tried it before given the reported problems), and one at the Money Center. Only the Money Center had a mild hitch. First swipe and PIN didn't work right, so I had to swipe again, enter PIN again, and went thru just fine.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 4:15 pm

How are you guys adding a pin to these gcs? I cant find out where on gc website to enter it in.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by MountainManDuy
How are you guys adding a pin to these gcs? I cant find out where on gc website to enter it in.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Stubtify
I couldn't get the pin to work, can someone help call for me? My card number is xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx, expiration xx/xxxx, security code xxx. I want my pin to be 2013.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Sep 7, 2013 at 6:30 pm
Old Sep 7, 2013, 6:31 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I certainly hope this was fake information but nonetheless it's a good opportunity to remind everyone to never post card numbers on a public message board.

MileageAddict
Old Sep 7, 2013, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by flyertalkingallday
I couldn't get the pin to work, can someone help call for me? My card number is xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx, expiration xx/xxxx, security code xxx. I want my pin to be 2013.
I set the PIN for you. Only charged you a $250 fee. That's reasonable right?
Old Sep 7, 2013, 6:45 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Oh no, the day is finally here. FT is now part of the circles and arrows team. egads...

What's that classic line? I met the enemy and he was us...
Old Sep 7, 2013, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Stubtify
No. You'd be paying $10 for 500 Miles. Also a good way to get shut down.
What if I buy one $500 Chase Gift Card and load it to BlueBird? Wouldn't I only pay $2.00 per load online, making it $2.00 for 500 miles?

BlueBird says this:
Once you have activated your Permanent Bluebird Card, adding money to your Bluebird Account from a Debit Card is quick and simple.
There's a $2 fee to add funds to your Bluebird Account from a debit card.

Chase says this:
Is there a limit to the value of a card?
Yes. The minimum value is $25 and the maximum is $500.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by flyertalkingallday
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
I certainly hope this was fake information but nonetheless it's a good opportunity to remind everyone to never post card numbers on a public message board.

MileageAddict
It was definitely fake info/a joke. Chase cards are Visas and they all start with a 4. The fake number started with a 5. In addition, the full first 4 digits were 5244 which doesn't appear to be valid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...cation_Numbers

Of course, the proper one for Chase cards isn't listed either....
Old Sep 7, 2013, 7:10 pm

What if I buy one $500 Chase Gift Card and load it to BlueBird? Wouldn't I only pay $2.00 per load online, making it $2.00 for 500 miles?

BlueBird says this:
Once you have activated your Permanent Bluebird Card, adding money to your Bluebird Account from a Debit Card is quick and simple.

Chase says this:
Please read the bluebird thread.....or even just the Wiki in that thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...er-checks.html
Old Sep 7, 2013, 7:12 pm

BlueBird says this:

Chase says this:
A key element you are missing is it's limited to $100 per $2 fee per day online. It'll cost you $10 to dump $500.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by vagrants
A key element you are missing is it's limited to $100 per $2 fee per day online. It'll cost you $10 to dump $500.
ok thanks! I see where they disclose this:

From a Debit Card ($100 daily limit) (per transaction) $2
Old Sep 7, 2013, 8:19 pm

I wonder whether I should move full speed with all my Chase CCs before it ends.

Went to Wally today w/4 $500 CGCs, got 2 MO for $999 each, no problems whatsoever

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.