Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by MileageUpdate
I am told they did a mix of large Dept Store purchases of $600 and w/d for back pocket money of $500 a few times a month
I see no mention of a few small debit transactions/month. pigs make money. hogs get slaughtered.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
I see no mention of a few small debit transactions/month. pigs make money. hogs get slaughtered.
Not sure if that would matter. I told them they had a good 9 month run.

They also slaughter pigs FYI.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:10 am
jdl

Does anyone have two WFPP cards and able to load more than $4500 per month combined? I had one card and did "Add a Card" from my WFPP account. I tried loading my new WFPP card for the first time and it says maximum reloads reached.

I recall people on this thread saying they were able to load more than $4500 on two cards per month. I'm now thinking I should not have added the card from my original account. I think my two WFPP cards are sharing the $4500 monthly limit.

If you have been able to load more than $4500, did you add the card from within your original account? Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jdl
Does anyone have two WFPP cards and able to load more than $4500 per month combined? I had one card and did "Add a Card" from my WFPP account. I tried loading my new WFPP card for the first time and it says maximum reloads reached.

I recall people on this thread saying they were able to load more than $4500 on two cards per month. I'm now thinking I should not have added the card from my original account. I think my two WFPP cards are sharing the $4500 monthly limit.

If you have been able to load more than $4500, did you add the card from within your original account? Thanks.
It looks like my two cards are combined from the point of view of loads, exactly as you have described above. I was also disappointed.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by jdl

I am having the same issue. I think what I'll do is simply drop down the balance on one to next to nothing and just use the other.

Though it might not matter. I have been the proverbial hog on this card -- loading and draining fast and big. I'm probably a candidate for a shut down. Even if not, I don't really want more than $2k sitting on the card at any time.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:32 pm

First of all, I searched the thread, searched for inactive card, so please pardon me if it has already been answered. I read this thread all the way, about 2 weeks ago, and dont recall seeing this, so here is my question:

If I dont have any balance on the card, and do not plan on using the card (in other words inactive card), till my next aor (spend requirements already met from previous aor) do I still get hit with monthly fees? I know people have mentioned that if they dont have any balance when monthly fees are charged (like 2nd of every month), then they are not charged anything. If I dont plan to use the card for 2-3 months, what is the best course of action? Dont want to see negative balance when I need to use the card again.

Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:39 pm
jdl

Originally Posted by punjabi2
If I dont have any balance on the card, and do not plan on using the card (in other words inactive card), till my next aor (spend requirements already met from previous aor) do I still get hit with monthly fees? I know people have mentioned that if they dont have any balance when monthly fees are charged (like 2nd of every month), then they are not charged anything. If I dont plan to use the card for 2-3 months, what is the best course of action? Dont want to see negative balance when I need to use the card again.
It seems to me that if your account is zero when the monthly charge comes, you don't get billed, even if you later put money in the account. You can also suspend the account at the WFPP site, look for Profile > Suspend card. A suspended account can be reactivated at any time, so it says.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:40 pm

Has anybody considered that always having a zero balance on the second of the month and not incurring any recurring monthly fees might be a reason to get shut down also?

MileageUpdate - Can you ask your friend if they frequently had zero balance on the 2nd?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
Has anybody considered that always having a zero balance on the second of the month and not incurring any recurring monthly fees might be a reason to get shut down also?

MileageUpdate - Can you ask your friend if they frequently had zero balance on the 2nd?
They said balance was often zero at most times of the month. Loaded then systematically w/d to zero. But last time there was still a few grand on it.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by MileageUpdate
They said balance was often zero at most times of the month. Loaded then systematically w/d to zero. But last time there was still a few grand on it.
It sounds like your friend would fill the card and withdraw asap.

This may likely be the very large red flag for any card like this and appearing to be commiting fraudelent activities.

Not sure if the balance of zero each month is a red flag (if used slowly, I doubt it, otherwise they could charge the card and give you a negative balance upon reload).

However, draining the card too quickly may be an issue. I have heard and seen of others doing the same thing, but the game can change daily or even momentarily with no consistency at all. Hence, your friend got caught in the cross fire.

I do think appearance of a normal spending pattern with some small charges mixed in will / can make the difference.

I also wonder how often your friend changed the funing source over the 9 month period. Can you ask them that please and report back?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 1:41 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by brettalb
It looks like my two cards are combined from the point of view of loads, exactly as you have described above. I was also disappointed.
How did you apply for the second card - did you just did "add a card" on your existing profile? I'm wondering what will happen if you open a second card using different e-mail/phone and create a new profile.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 2:13 pm

Thanks a lot, jdl!! Really appreciate your help ^^

Originally Posted by jdl
It seems to me that if your account is zero when the monthly charge comes, you don't get billed, even if you later put money in the account. You can also suspend the account at the WFPP site, look for Profile > Suspend card. A suspended account can be reactivated at any time, so it says.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:54 pm

Data point:
Got new card with $2500 load (from IB) initially on 2/18.
Loaded 1k to bb 2/23 and 2/25 at WM.
Paid 2k rent from bb 2/28.
Loaded 2500 (from UA MileagePlus cc) on 2/28.
Worked in three or four $10-50 purchases in between.

Not sure how I got around the load limits. Plan to load 2000 3/15 to keep it on the conservative side.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by 30French
Data point:
Got new card with $2500 load (from IB) initially on 2/18.
Loaded 1k to bb 2/23 and 2/25 at WM.
Paid 2k rent from bb 2/28.
Loaded 2500 (from UA MileagePlus cc) on 2/28.
Worked in three or four $10-50 purchases in between.

Not sure how I got around the load limits. Plan to load 2000 3/15 to keep it on the conservative side.

by chance, did your card 'arrive in the mail' on 2/18 with the loaded amount of 2500, or, did you order the card and load it on 2/18 with the amount of 2500 and it arrived a week or so later?

most people order the card with a load (of some amount) when the originally order the card.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
From experience, when you first get the card with your primary load, you can make the 2nd load immediately. However, you still have to deal with the 30-day limit for the firs load. It's weird.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.