Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VENMO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by boliver7
Was this a metabank mcgc?
mine was a usb mcgc. can't say for metabank, as i haven't tried one yet.

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Well that's all the card can hold so yeah... Also remember only 6 cards/6 months so it's not really scalable.
true, but i will take what i can get. i think it's useful if you're only trying to meet msr.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 3:22 pm

I have read several DPs online where they called AXP and it was the company that has blocked this venmo route so I guess this can be considered officially dead for MS.

Over the years, when people start calling for confirmation when something doesn't work for them, we can consider that route dead. While it is understandable for people to panic, calling the company's attention will just expedite the demise of an MS route...guaranteed. There were a lot of those with several $3K AGCs in transit when AXP shut the door w/o warning and are now As always, this is one of the risks we take with ordering online where a known route is shutdown w/o warning and we may be holding on to thousands worth of GCs that cannot be easily liquidated like these AGCs.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I have read several DPs online where they called AXP and it was the company that has blocked this venmo route so I guess this can be considered officially dead for MS.

Over the years, when people start calling for confirmation when something doesn't work for them, we can consider that route dead. While it is understandable for people to panic, calling the company's attention will just expedite the demise of an MS route...guaranteed. There were a lot of those with several $3K AGCs in transit when AXP shut the door w/o warning and are now As always, this is one of the risks we take with ordering online where a known route is shutdown w/o warning and we may be holding on to thousands worth of GCs that cannot be easily liquidated like these AGCs.
Are you saying that Amex is blocking the loading onto Venmo? Then why are the cards failing for other purchases (as reported upthread)?

ETA: Yes, per Reddit.

Last edited by AYYK; Jun 25, 2017 at 9:33 am
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by AYYK
Are you saying that Amex is blocking the loading onto Venmo? Then why are the cards failing for other purchases (as reported upthread)?

ETA: Yes, per Reddit.
Venmo loading by Amex GCs is being blocked by Amex.
The other problem could be as simple as people trying to use their cards on sites that don't take Amex for payment
Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:08 pm

once DPs start trickling warning others of issues with a particular MS route, it's just a matter of time before such route is shutdown completely. We cannot control others if they'd call to ask the companies w/o realizing they are expediting the shutdown. such is the nature of the game.

the unicorns that have survived up to now are often not talked about; even in private groups those who know them don't talk about them.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
once DPs start trickling warning others of issues with a particular MS route, it's just a matter of time before such route is shutdown completely. We cannot control others if they'd call to ask the companies w/o realizing they are expediting the shutdown. such is the nature of the game.

the unicorns that have survived up to now are often not talked about; even in private groups those who know them don't talk about them.
i hope this doesn't lead venmo to stop taking prepaid cards altogether

you mentioned a few unicorns that have survived up till this point...how many years have they been around?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by cpnyc
you mentioned a few unicorns that have survived up till this point...how many years have they been around?
Mamibear:
:the unicorns that have survived up to now are often not talked about; even in private groups those who know them don't talk about them.:

Timing is everything, what was easy peasy two years or more ago now is not.

Every thread that stays on the top half of the front page here is shut down or about to be, quite different than six months, one year, etc., ago.

Best thing to do is read, read, and read some more, hopefully you can read between the lines and find a unicorn that you don't put it in danger of a shutdown, by having it live on this page.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:22 am

So - I haven't heard any updates since the AGC's stopped working (seemed to be purely an Amex issue). Are AGC's back up?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:58 am

Nope.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by mhdena
Best thing to do is read, read, and read some more, hopefully you can read between the lines and find a unicorn that you don't put it in danger of a shutdown, by having it live on this page.
It's interesting to discuss via PMs with like minded MSers who can read between the lines and find their way compared to those that just ask to be spoonfed. I'm sure those who found new venue(s) would be willing to discuss with those who have something to share as well and benefit from each other.

IMO, unicorns that have survived to this day are those that are rarely talked about in vlogs and forums. Once something is leaked and it gets dissected thoroughly, it's just a matter of time before that venue goes dead.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:38 am

do you think venmo cares (by caring i mean not shutting you down) at all if you send large amounts with CC and pay the 3% fee? I know it was a thing because of the AGC's avoiding the fee but I figure for them it's a legitimate source of revenue.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by jayoxd
do you think venmo cares (by caring i mean not shutting you down) at all if you send large amounts with CC and pay the 3% fee? I know it was a thing because of the AGC's avoiding the fee but I figure for them it's a legitimate source of revenue.
I do think Venmo would care.
Venmo has a business plan and model which they want to use. They do not want their business model hijacked by some other process such as MS, especially if that process is firstly not in their business plan and secondly, somewhat less than legitimate (in their eyes).

So you can bet that they would take steps to squash any attempt to divert their product from it's intended original course.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:21 pm

Deleted

Last edited by pancakeman27; Jul 20, 2017 at 12:18 pm
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by lem.raskaw27
I used the same browser/computer to make these accounts and I'm wondering if that's what they didn't like?
Yes, they do not like that. If you contact them they'll probably unlock the accounts after sending some verification.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:09 pm

i hope this is a good forum to ask this. I haven't MSed in quite a while as all my Serve cards were whacked during the first two rounds so most of my min spend was organic.

anyway, i have the need to send cash abroad to friends in the EU (200 euros, at least once and possibly smaller amounts going forward).

i haven't looked into Venmo if it's available outside of the US but if it is, would i be able to use the Meta VGCs for these small denominations or is this now still a danger zone. I haven't opened a VEnmo account.

Just an aside, I've had my primary Paypal restricted couple of years ago due to hitting the PPBDC hard with MS. So i've been using a second PP for organic online purchases.

thanks for any advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.