Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Toiletries

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2004, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Favorite Toiletries

Okay... much has been discussed on Bvlgari and L'Occitane for Four Seasons Hotel, but does anyone have favorites other than these 2 brands (or the usual Molton Brown and Aveda?)

I have to admit that I am slightly obssessed with Blaise Mautin (given at the Park Hyatt Paris and I believe, Milan as well). The scent is rather strong but it is fabulously original. I can't seem to find any retailers in Paris who sell these products, although other scents from BM are available in Parisian department stores. The housekeeping department must have been so annoyed by my requests of additional toiletries when I stay in this hotel.

Next one would have to be AESOP (Park Hyatt Tokyo). I even made an extra effort to stay at Prince Hotel in St. Kilda - Melbourne, so I can get my hands on their products. It helps that the Aesop store is right next to the hotel. I was slightly disappointed when I moved into Park Hyatt Melbourne and saw the generic Hyatt toiletries.

Does anyone know if any specific hotels carry Kiehl's (does Mercer in NYC still use them?)

PS: My least favorite in luxury hotels would have to be LIVING NATURE (at One Aldywch London). These things just smell foul to me. Why can't they just get back to CONTEMPOREL like they used to, I have no idea!
Old Jul 11, 2004, 11:38 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I actually like the Living Nature toiletries at One Aldwych!! ^ ^

Anne Semonin and Annick Goutal have some great products..... I believe we got Goutal at the Crillon and Semonin at Le Bristol in Paris.....

I also like very much the bespoke Floris products at the Dorchester, as well as the Floris Cefiro line at the Savoy Hotels.

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet is probably my all time favourite, followed closely by Bulgari Eau de the vert products.

P.S. Buried in that extensive Four Seasons toiletries discussion are debates about which brands other people like and where they got them. . . .
Old Jul 11, 2004, 4:54 pm

The Island Shangri-La (HK) had Etienne Aigner-branded toiletries that were fantastic. I've looked for them to buy them at retail, but haven't found them yet.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 8:27 am

I also like Penhaligon's Blenheim which I first discovered 15 years ago at The Draycott Hotel in London (now the Cliveden Townhouse). Aigner at The Shangri La in Singapore (Orange Road) is sold in their gift shop. Kiehl's is given at the Carlysle in NYC.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 2:41 pm

I liked the "jetlag" kit given out by the Intercontinental in Frankfurt...I'm not sure if all Ic's have same one or not.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
Caswell-Massey.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 8:37 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
wideman: The FRA Airport Sheraton has the Aigner products in the towers rooms and I believe I saw that they sell them also via the hotel...?

O.K., I admit that I can't impress you with this, but I really love the Molton Brown products. Albeit not so much the (standard) stuff they sell to the hotels as the stuff they offer in their shops or via mail-order. The arctic shajio series e.g. is absolutely fantastic...!
Old Jul 13, 2004, 9:57 am

Also, Hermes at The Bristol and Bulgari on SQ in long haul.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:27 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
The Hyatt Grand Champion resort in Palm Desert used to have Guerlain products in the suites
Old Jul 13, 2004, 1:36 pm

Frederic Fekkai at Ritz-Carlton Central Park.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 1:48 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
I'll add my vote to the Floris products at the Dorchester. The only that has truly made an impression... a memorable one is the Green Tea Bulgari extravaganza I once encountered at the FS Canary Wharf, but only because I smelled of green tea the whole day. (Well, I imagined I did.... )
Old Jul 13, 2004, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Silversea Cruises also stock the Bulgari Green tea
Old Jul 15, 2004, 6:37 am

Programs: LH SEN
There's something to be said for the Floris products....must be in the name
Old Sep 8, 2004, 3:38 pm

The Le Meridien in MSP has great Hermes products in room.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:43 pm

The Intercontinental in NYC had Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet and Caswell-Massey Sandalwood (both mentioned as favorites previously in this thread) when we stayed there about a year ago.

- RightD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.