Wiki Posts
Search

Amanresorts Thread 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

thehedonistmagazine.com/2017/01/31/aman-introduces-2017-news-highlights/

Spring 2017, Amankora Punakha, housed in a traditional Bhutanese farmhouse deep in the Punakha Valley, will welcome an outdoor swimming pool. Heated for year-round use, the infinity-edged pool

Amanwella, Aman’s tranquil hideaway resort surrounded by coconut palms and fringed by a golden sand beach, will close for two months on 1st May and re-open in July following a two-month refurbishment which will see a number of light refreshments, both structural and aesthetic, made to the communal areas and all 30 suites, offering guests an enhanced and more comfortable stay. The guest arrival experience will be improved with a reconfigured and expanded Arrival Pavilion, new fabrics and decorative elements inspired by local Sri Lankan culture will be implemented throughout all accommodation, and a new vegetable garden with fresh organic produce will be grown, to be used in the vibrant Sri Lankan dishes served at the hotel’s restaurant and Beach Club.

Throughout 2017, guests of Amanemu, Aman’s hot spring resort located in Ise-Shima National Park on the shores of Ago Bay, will have exclusive access to the hydrangea swathed Daijiji temple in Shima where they will have the opportunity to learn ‘Zazen’, an ancient form of meditation at the very heart of Zen practice. Following the lesson, guests will participate in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony where they will be taught the ancient preparation and presentation methods of serving matcha tea, the powdered form of green tea. A private guided visit of Nakiri village ensues, and guests will have the opportunity to explore this rural picturesque fishing village, home to the Daiozaki lighthouse which, at 46-metres above sea level, affords completely unobstructed and calming views of the Pacific Ocean.

Aman Venice recently welcomed Andrea Torre as Executive Chef.
aman.com/wellness/group-retreat-experiences
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:37 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Thanks for sharing this information. Certainly good news about Amankora.

Seems to me that Amanwella needs more than just a light refresh, but it's good that they are at least investing some money.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:59 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Amanpuri... WOW! Had a tour and saw a six bedroom villa and pavilion 105. The place is something else. I don't understand how anyone could say it's tired. It's so beautiful. Drinks last night at the bar and dinner in the Japanese restaurant was great. Paul and Davide were wonderful and all the staff we interacted with fantastic. Will be back to stay for sure. COMO Point Yamu is nice enough, but clearly not in the same league.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by sydakllon
Amanpuri... WOW! Had a tour and saw a six bedroom villa and pavilion 105. The place is something else. I don't understand how anyone could say it's tired. It's so beautiful. Drinks last night at the bar and dinner in the Japanese restaurant was great. Paul and Davide were wonderful and all the staff we interacted with fantastic. Will be back to stay for sure. COMO Point Yamu is nice enough, but clearly not in the same league.
You are correct, Amanpuri is still wonderful after all these years.

To understand the comments here, you must take into consideration that some here have been staying for centuries.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:47 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
While I agree on the whole, I think it would be wrong to say that, while it has remained timeless in many aspects, it hasn't also been left behind in many others. What does 105 go for in high season now? USD 2,200/night++? For a room without a pool? In Phuket/Thailand?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:32 am
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
True, but I'd be 110% happy there - loved everything about it. Going to book for my birthday weekend next year (why I'm here this year).
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
True, but I'd be 110% happy there - loved everything about it. Going to book for my birthday weekend next year (why I'm here this year).
I agree with you. Glad you're having a great time.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:50 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Can't disagree with that though! It's a lovely resort.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

six bedroom villa and pavilion 105
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
room without a pool
105 is guaranteed, not category, and dramatic/unique >
Originally Posted by ainternational
4-7BR can be booked as 2BR
8/9BR can be booked as 4BR

seems >
# 2 rafael
# 7 zecha
# 15 tuttle

curious which 6BR this is >
Attached Images  

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 28, 2017 at 12:38 pm
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
While I agree on the whole, I think it would be wrong to say that, while it has remained timeless in many aspects, it hasn't also been left behind in many others. What does 105 go for in high season now? USD 2,200/night++? For a room without a pool? In Phuket/Thailand?
Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
I agree with you. Glad you're having a great time.
Yes , sydakllon , timeless / classic Puri .

So glad you made it , did not want to be too much of a wet blanket about Point Yamu . Think may have forfeited some almost free stays there as in other COMO hotels . Will check if The Treasury offer is still on after stay in Nemu
Brilliant to celebrate your birthday at Puri next year .
If cliff hanger 105 is booked up , 103 is pretty dramatic too .
Or pool pavillons & those villas ..

Was Harish having his day off ?
Wonder how NAMA is compared to Aoki before ..
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:28 am

Shocked

Can someone enlighten me what this is all about?

https://www.instagram.com/theamanresorts/

Nicolas P follows this account interestingly. What happened?

Last edited by scented; Apr 26, 2017 at 9:35 am
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:57 am
Banyan Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by scented
Can someone enlighten me what this is all about?

https://www.instagram.com/theamanresorts/

Nicolas P follows this account interestingly. What happened?
...strange indeed, hacked account?

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by uggboy
...strange indeed, hacked account?

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Looks more like revenge? Either way -- very strange.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:58 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by scented
Looks more like revenge? Either way -- very strange.
Very strange indeed. I wonder how quickly Aman will get control of the account. I tried to figure out how to report it but every option seemed to indicate it needed to be my account that was hacked.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Very strange indeed. I wonder how quickly Aman will get control of the account. I tried to figure out how to report it but every option seemed to indicate it needed to be my account that was hacked.
Aside from the bad publicity, I worry if there's some truth to it? Hopefully not. There is a link to a LinkedIn page, which was taken down. I wonder if it can be traced/restored or found anywhere. The Instagram page refers to 'the' owner but IIRC correctly, there is no such thing. Isn't ownership quite spread? I remember meeting one of the owners from Belgium, Paul I think was his name, but it appears there are many others. Paging Kagehitokiri

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.