Aman (or what's the sanskrit for noisy nightclub?) Sveti Stefan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aman (or what's the sanskrit for noisy nightclub?) Sveti Stefan

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2012, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

re noise, you wouldnt care if there was some loud nightclub next to an aman like amankila?

OP did some trolling, but that doesnt mean they did not provide extremely useful info regarding asking about noise etc. as i said, im also curious about context of water situation they raised.

FlyerEC, not sure what you mean re water, as OP said no water in island guestroom or milocer public restroom.

others brought up specifics regarding traffic.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 26, 2012 at 6:41 pm
Old May 26, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
for people trying to change subject from context of noise, you wouldnt care if there was some loud nightclub next to an aman like amankila?

OP did some trolling, but that doesnt meant they did not provide extremely useful info regarding asking about noise etc. as i said, im also curious about context of water situation they raised.

FlyerEC, not sure what you mean re water, as OP said no water in island guestroom or milocer public restroom.

others brought up specifics regarding traffic.
Kage, with respect, it is the OP who changed the subject from noise to oblique references to something that sounds awfully like an allegation of fraud...which makes the entire report lack in credibility....
Old May 26, 2012, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i responded to your post, even though i recognized sarcasm, because it included noise.
or, in went back to noise. which led me to make an incorrect assumption that was intended.
from your last post seems you didnt intend anything beyond general joke, not re noise.
i was also recalling this earlier, which didnt read as a joke to me >

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
There are seriously people who can't sleep because of mild noise from a party further on up the coast?
"mild" "party" "further" being assumptions used to support an implied opinion

vs >

Originally Posted by xracer
will be very irate if the surrounding area turns out to be 'party central'
Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
I had an extremely vivid dream last night that I went to Amanzo'e and that it was a complete DISASTER. Wild party next door and no sleep!
Originally Posted by cadogan1
i am a super light sleeper and would totally have been aware of even the most distant sounds when trying to sleep
Originally Posted by Larkin
noise would definately put a damper on things as we are very light sleepers
while the OP is not first to do 'pending hotel response' their comments were pretty strong, and there were already some things which negatively impacted credibility, which continued in posts after the last negative one.

whenever someone (including regulars here) does the 'pending hotel response' some others disagree. normally, when a regular or no additional context, its just a question a personal opinion.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 26, 2012 at 6:10 pm
Old May 26, 2012, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

* OP raised the issue of noise being dependent on room location and mentioned being moved to a better located room - i hear this is indeed the case, so this is one of the factors with regards to room request, which is a frequent topic here, and not just a matter of avoiding dates entirely, of course depending on how light a sleeper, which aman (mgmt) should also be able to address especially after this situation

noise - we dont know how OP would have been accommodated if they had asked to be moved during the evening/night (OP approved of next day recovery)

OP's departure issues - i hear one of them was not related to aman

water - im curious about any reserve when OP reported no water in island guestroom or milocer 'public' restrooms (both) (and im personally curious about this in general, but thats me)

- will be interesting to see more reports on amanruya location, and how amanzoe fits into porto heli collection development, and how its construction progresses (amanzoe also building residences)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 26, 2012 at 10:05 pm
Old May 26, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
* OP raised the issue of noise being dependent on room location and mentioned being moved to a better located room - i hear this is indeed the case, so this is one of the factors with regards to room request, which is a frequent topic here, and not just a matter of avoiding dates entirely, of course depending on how light a sleeper, which aman (mgmt) should also be able to address especially after this situation

noise - we dont know how OP would have been accommodated if they had asked to be moved during the evening/night (OP approved of next day recovery)

OP's departure issues - i hear one of them was not related to aman

water - im curious about any reserve when OP reported no water in island guestroom or milocer 'public' restrooms

- will be interesting to see more reports on amanruya location, and as i mentioned, how amanzoe fits into porto heli collection development, and how its construction progresses (amanzoe also building residences)
Well put, Kage.
Old May 26, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Being a light sleeper myself, I also hate having to deal with noise problems. Nothing irritates me more than noise that cause me to loose sleep. However, I feel there should be a reasonable and fair expectation when dealing with noise problems in hotels / resorts, ie whether the noise is caused by internal factors within the control of the property or external factors and whether the property could or could not have anticipated it.

For the former, such as noisy next-door guests, noise from the hotel's own night club, noisy housekeeping staff etc, certainly the hotel could have done something and have the obligation to do so by either eliminating / restricting the source of the noise pollution.

For the latter, if it was anticipated, they could have informed the guest but most won't do because either they aren't sure if the noise problems will be serious enough, hoping the guest staying in is less sensitive to noise, or more likely for the selfish reason of not wanting to loose business. Either case, they should be able to assist the guest to shift to a room away from the source of noise to ensure the guest has a good night sleep. That's why good hotels should never let their rooms run up to 100% full capacity.

I speculated that the OP's stand swings from being pacified with the response to suddenly being upset again was due to his/her request for a refund/compensation being eventually denied, which might have partially fair given the experience, but it wasn't clear in the post. Also not clear why the OP didn't insisted on a change of room on the first night.
Old May 26, 2012, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

positive >
Originally Posted by valextraofstyle
no offer of compensation, but what we were looking for was an understanding of the problem and a solution
negative >
Originally Posted by valextraofstyle
no amount of...extra bread can change
ill soften my earlier framing of this by saying it seems to suggest not wanting compensation (with clarity) and would therefore seem to support credibility.

(some suggested compensation might be appropriate. perhaps even if a move was requested, because a move could be suggested. and there are other factors like disclosure. i personally dont know much about this.)

unfortunately there are also clarity and credibility issues.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 26, 2012 at 10:32 pm
Old May 30, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
I am still hoping we will hear the detailed report from OP about which rooms, source of hopefully one off noise, etc.we are going early July and staying in a deluxe cottage sea view with terrace on the island. It sounded like room selection / location could make a difference. Anybody else know which location to ask for, or should we most likely not worry! We are looking forward to a week here and week in Amanruya!
Old May 30, 2012, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Larkin
I am still hoping we will hear the detailed report from OP about which rooms, source of hopefully one off noise, etc.we are going early July and staying in a deluxe cottage sea view with terrace on the island. It sounded like room selection / location could make a difference. Anybody else know which location to ask for, or should we most likely not worry! We are looking forward to a week here and week in Amanruya!
Well I guess it depends upon where and what is going on on the mainland, off the island. On the side that overlooks the public beach, where the Sveti Stefan Suite is located, I never heard a thing, but I guess if there was a party on the mainland, then I would. The only area that would not hear anything (apart from noisy yachts, I imagine) would be the rear of the island, but then, as far as I can remember, there are no suites here. Inland, of course, would be quietest, but then you don't get the views, and the suites are entry-level on the whole (village view). Something like Deluxe Cottage No: 40 is the nearest to the open sea I can think of and has a great terrace. Could be one of the quietest, but then I have never had a problem with noise, so this whole thing may be just a one-off thing, which is what I suspect.
Old May 30, 2012, 11:54 pm

Thanks so much! I know we will have a great time and will request#40, but will be off to amanruya afterwards so nothing can be too bad!!
Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:51 am

exactly

Originally Posted by fflier_9999
I'm curious, what exactly would you like the hotel to do? Shut down a party it has no control over? Completely sound proof the walls for the one night a year when it's a problem? Mention that you don't want to stay here when you book? Your post is long on complaint and short on remedy. . .
thank you for saying what exactly is on my mind!!!!
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:53 am

I was really hoping valextra had returned with an update.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by rubyyao
thank you for saying what exactly is on my mind!!!!
Odd first post - having joined 6 years ago!
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:34 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Odd first post - having joined 6 years ago!
Odd indeed, because the inexcusable can not be excused.

Perhaps an Aman lurker who makes his coming out . We can even not say welcome to FT after 6 years .
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:32 pm

We just stayed at Sveti Stefan for 5 nights and had no problem with noise. We were on the southern end of the island with Budva across the bay. Outside you on a couple of occasions could hear it extremely faintly, but in the room not at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.