Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aman (or what's the sanskrit for noisy nightclub?) Sveti Stefan

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2012, 7:27 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
This thread has somehow got into my head. I had an extremely vivid dream last night that I went to Amanzo'e and that it was a complete DISASTER. Wild party next door and no sleep!
HA! Scary, as I had a similar dream, except I was at Amanruya. And, given that I will actually be at Amanruya in four days, I hope this is a dream that does not come true (for either of us)!
Old May 24, 2012, 7:42 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by xracer
HA! Scary, as I had a similar dream, except I was at Amanruya. And, given that I will actually be at Amanruya in four days, I hope this is a dream that does not come true (for either of us)!
I hope and believe your stay at Amanruya will be like a dream, but not a nightmare, of course. Please please write aa little report to us when you get back!
Old May 24, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
I am very envious. Have a wonderful time.
Old May 24, 2012, 7:56 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Musken
I hope and believe your stay at Amanruya will be like a dream, but not a nightmare, of course. Please please write aa little report to us when you get back!
I'll try to post some pictures while I am there, since I know many have been interested in seeing photos of the resort (especially the common areas) and there are not many of those on the Aman website.

And of course, a trip report upon my return!

Thanks for your well wishes on the trip. If the service at the resort is a good as the service has been prior to my arrival, the stay should be fantastic.
Old May 24, 2012, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

re zoe, dont recall seeing a porto heli collection master plan - would be interesting to see how other planned resorts will neighbor aman

I'll try to post some pictures while I am there

If the service at the resort is a good as the service has been prior to my arrival, the stay should be fantastic.
^ and enjoy
Old May 24, 2012, 8:12 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Regarding driving time between Dubrovnik and Sveti Stefan: When we went there last year, the Aman drivers were aware of a much quicker way to cross the boarder. They crossed a little moutain with narrow roads and very little traffic and no waiting time whatsoever at the boarder. This was a very good alternative last year, but the road might have been closed or something.
Old May 24, 2012, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Musken
Regarding driving time between Dubrovnik and Sveti Stefan: When we went there last year, the Aman drivers were aware of a much quicker way to cross the boarder. They crossed a little moutain with narrow roads and very little traffic and no waiting time whatsoever at the boarder. This was a very good alternative last year, but the road might have been closed or something.
We did this on the way back, Musken, and it was very convenient. Next time I may try Montenegro Airlines into Tivat as I hear they fly direct from London this summer.
Old May 24, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Reading thru this thread, I am not quite sure what is the ultimate intention of the OP besides just posting here to rant, by writing such a long post, waxing lyrical about expectations not being met while ultimately not providing sufficient details to justify his/her stand.
Old May 24, 2012, 9:40 pm

We also took that less known border crossing in both directions - super fast on the way there but on the return trip it was general traffic that caused the problem not clearing the border - we literally crawled along the coast road for 2 hours covering not very many miles in that time and had a big queue for the ferry crossing too. I think it was high summer traffic so not necessarily a problem all the time but even so would have expected the management to have been aware and to have adjusted timings accordingly. We spent much of the journey calling the GM to ask him to contact the airline to warn them we were going to be cutting it very fine and to see if they could hold the flight (maybe that was why it was delayed!!!) and trying to make childcare arrangements for our children in the UK who would have been stranded if we've missed the flight so it really very super-stressful! Next time i shall certainly try and fly into one of the closer airports....
Old May 25, 2012, 12:56 am

Well isn't this all a tad dramatic. Some people need perspective.
Old May 25, 2012, 12:59 am

And I'll just add that the moniker valextraofstyle is hillarious...
Old May 25, 2012, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by SYDreamer
And I'll just add that the moniker valextraofstyle is hillarious...
I know! I can't help it, but every time I see the name I think "valtrexofstyle" ... which might be a bit appropriate as I'd imagine he'll be that difficult to get rid of from Aman Corporate's perspective.

just kidding Val!
Old May 25, 2012, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks cadogan1

i find it interesting traffic doesnt get more discussion here, like in this case, and also for example bali and manila

Originally Posted by valextraofstyle
whole of Budva had been cut off, but that water should be restored by mid-evening
im taking this to mean local water is unreliable. seems to me if this is the case a luxury (aman) property should have water reserve. if the local water is unreliable, and aman doesnt have a reserve, what is common? reserve or no reserve? interested in any experiences/information. OP didnt mention service recovery for it.
Old May 25, 2012, 6:05 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
thanks cadogan1

i find it interesting traffic doesnt get more discussion here, like in this case, and also for example bali and manila

im taking this to mean local water is unreliable. seems to me if this is the case a luxury (aman) property should have water reserve. if the local water is unreliable, and aman doesnt have a reserve, what is common? reserve or no reserve? interested in any experiences/information. OP didnt mention service recovery for it.
Aman does have a reserve but somehow it didn't get to the villa .. Likely more local restrictions.
Understand that there was much cleaning up to do - major pipe from town burst - pity OP's timing was off too.
( Perhaps not as seasoned jet setters of style?? as they think they are plus likely lurking for awhile - a poor choice for first post )
The team is a good one & with Kevin there, can't ask for more.
When visiting , remember cultural & local differences .. Which cannot be managed by Aman . Lots of ' surprises ' to work with.
AmanSS is not fully ready yet either - pool , etc , ongoing..

When we stay, we always call any time if something crops up - not only at Aman which of course, has a team on stand by at all times.
Some SS staff have been sent for training at other Amans . Have met them at Puri , Taka , etc - very enthusiastic & people/service oriented.
Old May 26, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Have to agree with the OP here. Nothing is more maddening than arriving at a location and finding out there are natives carrying on with some raucous festival or holiday of some kind. When I arrived in Hong Kong this past winter on Christmas Eve, there was a nightmarish gathering of thousands celebrating Christmas right in the bloody streets, and I made sure to give hell to the Intercontinental who should never put up with that kind of thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.