Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEN renewal for €2000? Anyone else get this? [merged discussion of annual offer]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2004, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: None
Post Senator paid extension of status for 2000 € [merged]

Hi everybody,

is there a way to buy a Senator-Card?
Old Sep 9, 2004, 3:10 am

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
No.... or I hope not !
Old Sep 9, 2004, 3:37 am

Programs: LH HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Belgian in Paris
No.... or I hope not !
i heard couple of month ago from LH SEN hotline, that when you are already a senator and want to requalify, you can buy it. but not as a newbie!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 9, 2004, 4:06 am

Programs: LH, A3, BA
Airrail

is, AFAIK, the cheapest way to "buy" the Senator card. I even heard of cases where someone employed someone else to do the airrails for him. There are, of course, plenty of other ways to "buy" the precious plastic, including running for the Bundestag.
Lastly, as mentioned before, if you happen to be in possession of a Senator card and didn't meet requalification requirements, there is a 1500 Euro offer to renew it for one year. Bad value I would say.

Jensens
Old Sep 9, 2004, 6:32 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
former Senators who's Senator status expire, get an invitation from miles&more to extend Senator status for another 12 months by paying a onetime fee.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 2:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rudi
former Senators who's Senator status expire, get an invitation from miles&more to extend Senator status for another 12 months by paying a onetime fee.
...which is Euro 3000,- IIRC
Old Sep 10, 2004, 3:17 am

Programs: LH, A3, BA
Originally Posted by Threy
Really? I remember getting told a different amount, but then again, I personally was never offered that. Anyway now, that sounds way too much.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Threy
This was IMO the DM amount, which means now 1,500 EUR - sounds more plausible to me (although still way too much).
Old Sep 10, 2004, 3:32 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Whilst it seems that LH Senator status is not for sale, I would suggest contacting your local LH sales office and speaking to them about this. I would not be surprised if they offered you a one-time 'invitation' against paying a fee. In the end, they want to capture premium cabin pax, so if apart from agreeing to buy the status you show your wilingness to buy premium tickets.... I would give this a shot.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 7:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Rudi
Originally Posted by Berki
This was IMO the DM amount, which means now 1,500 EUR - sounds more plausible to me (although still way too much).
The amount is definitely now €1500.

Last edited by Grog; Sep 14, 2004 at 7:50 am
Old Sep 14, 2004, 8:17 am

Programs: LH Sen; BA Gold; HH Diamond; *W Gold
Grog, you are right. I was offered that last year, when I had 3000 miles missing in October, which I obviously made easily. Best thing is, that you do not get the €1500 reimbursed, in case you manage to hit the 150k. So you have to look at your travel pattern quite rigorously.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 9:05 am

Programs: LH HON, IC RA
40 times airrail FRA-ZWS

Originally Posted by Grog
The amount is definitely now €1500.
for 150k miles you have do make 40 airrail MR (3.750 miles in C, incl. 25% exec. bonus). with teh new 30 euro service charge, your status costs 3.840 euro...a lot of money...
if you only need 100k for a senator --> 27 airrail MR (= 2.592 euro)...still a lot of money...
what is the benefit for that? ok 100k or 150k more on your account but the price is 2,56 Cent per meile...much money.

comparing with the price before aug 1st: 5.000 miles for 66 euro means 1,32 Cent per meile!!! the costs for getting SEN only with airrail nearly DOUBLED!!!!!!!!!! @:-) @:-) @:-)
Old Sep 14, 2004, 2:10 pm
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Dont pay that 30 EUR service fee

Originally Posted by Bruchpilot
with teh new 30 euro service charge..... @:-) @:-) @:-)
Just try to book your tickets at www.aua.com in Austria (at nearly the same fares as in Germany) and I think you can save that 30,-- EURO "ticket service charge", because the tickets are then

+ not bought at Lufthansa
+ bought in Austria and not in Germany !!!!

Hope you enjoy that hint and hoping that Austrian Airlines wouldn`t make a 30 EUR fee in future.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 2:50 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, PC, M, M&M, V
Originally Posted by gum
Just try to book your tickets at www.aua.com in Austria (at nearly the same fares as in Germany) and I think you can save that 30,-- EURO "ticket service charge", because the tickets are then

+ not bought at Lufthansa
+ bought in Austria and not in Germany !!!!

Hope you enjoy that hint and hoping that Austrian Airlines wouldn`t make a 30 EUR fee in future.
www. aua.com = 20 Euro (30 -10 Euro "online bonus")

Almschi
Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Jensens
...There are, of course, plenty of other ways to "buy" the precious plastic, including running for the Bundestag...
Can someone confirm whether this is still true? Articles in recent German press talk of criminal investigations against government officials due to their accepting WM-tickets and, in a separate case, a lottery ticket.

Is accepting of SEN status less of a crime? Is accepting a lottery or football ticket more serious? Just curious as to 1) where the investigators are with regard to Lufthansa bribery and 2) some of your opinions on it all. If enough feel that it deserves a new thread, we can consider that as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.