Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:06 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by sventrax
Hello Lurker

Here are some complaints triggered by this last strike.

My return flight LAD-FRA-TRN was booked for 11/11/2015. On 9/11/2015 I receive an sms informing me of the cancelation. Immediately called the +49 number and after 102 minutes waiting I got hold of an agent. The best I was offered was an AF flight on the 10/11/2015 but incompatible with work plans or alternatively the LH one on 13/11/2015.

However I had a TRN-FRA-LAD on the 15/11/2015, so the last offer was impractible: arrive late morning on Saturday and leave early afternoon Sunday. Not to mention I had booked a medical checkup for the 13/11/2015 morning.

What I asked the agent was to move the two flight one week ahead. So the strike impacted one went to 18/11/2015 and the other to 22/11/2015. All my return flight from Africa are Flexible to adapt with work issues, so there were no charges. Unfortunately the TRN-FRA-LAD of the 15/11/2015 was a Economy Basic Plus. So to get it changed I had to shell out 130€ because it was not impacted by the strike. Not directly impacted, but impacted by domino effect by an earlier flight.

Clearly 130€ is not going to make me broke, or LH rich, but this charge is annoying since if there had been no strike the second flight would have not been impacted.

Another annoying issue is that the standard web site now just shows flight irregularity message and the impacted flight but none of my other flights. However, the mobile version in My Booking does let me see and manage all my bookings. Some times the mobile version is impractical, if you abroad outside Europe where roaming charges are astronomical.

On the phome I was not asked if I am a status customer, be it FTL SEN or HON. Was expecting that the SEN status would be useful in such case.
The Luanda LH office has two phone numbers; these just rang rang rang, nobody answered.

In 2014 I had already experience the thrill of canceled LH flights and was hoping this new occurence would have been handled maybe a bit better. And I am not even complaining too much about the 102 minute intrecontinenal phone call

Thank you for your time
Hi sventrax,
I'm sorry to hear you were facing difficulties during the strike period and were disappointed by the service you received. If you would like to make a formal complaint, please send all details to customer relations (http://f.lh.com/uCPK). Vanessa
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by kasi
Another enhanced customer experience: no more automatic rebooking when flight cancelled. No more automatic call by HON circle service even though personal HON contact introduced this year was announced to be specifically helpful in case of Flight irregularities. While during last years round of strikes never had to wait for more than 15 min now the HON Circle Agents have been so dramatically scaled down that it was not even possible to reach the line at all. Had to call in average 50 times to be then in hold for approx. another 30 min. So this is the new HON experience Spohr promissed a year ago by axing down the number of members? Wunderful Job, Lufthansa! Congratulations!
Dear kasi,
apologies for the inconvenience. I would like my colleagues to look into this, please send me your HON Circle number via DM. Thanks. Vanessa
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi sventrax,
I'm sorry to hear you were facing difficulties during the strike period and were disappointed by the service you received. If you would like to make a formal complaint, please send all details to customer relations (http://f.lh.com/uCPK). Vanessa

Thank you for your reply

I will certainly use the link you provided

Have a nice day
Old Nov 15, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: United 1K, Lufthansa Senator *,Marriott platinum
Hi RAMSWISS, although my guess is that you would have to contact
the Mileage Plus frequent flyer programme to have the colleagues look into this matter, as you are describing difficulties with getting your airmiles credited on the United Airlines mileage programme, I forwarded your feedback to Miles & More. I will come back as soon as I have a reply. Best regards, Maria
Dear Maria,

Did you get any reply from Miles and More.

I had sent you the details via PM.

United Airlines again submitted the request for credit of the 3 flights in end October. As of today 1 sector got credited and 1 sector got rejected with reply that it is an award ticket while actually it is a paid ticket with PPB points used to upgrade from economy to business. For the third sector United has not received any reply.

I just spoke to the service center of United Airlines and there is little they can do. The tickets are issued by Lufthansa and flights operated by Swiss. So they need your colleagues to authorise credit of the sectors.

Is there a email id of lufthansa where I can send the information along with scan of the documents with request to authorise credit to United Airlines.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by RAMSWISS
Dear Maria,

Did you get any reply from Miles and More.

I had sent you the details via PM.

United Airlines again submitted the request for credit of the 3 flights in end October. As of today 1 sector got credited and 1 sector got rejected with reply that it is an award ticket while actually it is a paid ticket with PPB points used to upgrade from economy to business. For the third sector United has not received any reply.

I just spoke to the service center of United Airlines and there is little they can do. The tickets are issued by Lufthansa and flights operated by Swiss. So they need your colleagues to authorise credit of the sectors.

Is there a email id of lufthansa where I can send the information along with scan of the documents with request to authorise credit to United Airlines.

Hello RAMSWISS,
we have not received a reply regarding your request.
Kind regards, Isabell
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Hello kenadams,
first of all I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed travelling in our Premium Economy Class and I hope that we can welcome you on board soon again.
With regards to your second concern I would like to get in touch with Miles & More in order to clarify why the crediting of miles was denied. May I ask you to send me your wife’s Miles & More number and the complete flight details via private message and I will get in touch with my colleagues for you.
Kind regards
Jens
Dear Lufthansa,

what we have here is a classic failure to communicate

This situation a couple of months back...

...has evolved into this (after sending a boarding pass over to M&M team USA):

So: a flight in booking class P should earn miles. Automatic crediting does not work - "flight is not eligible for credit" appears on statement. After sending in a boarding pass, the flight that is not eligible for credit also appears as having been credited already. This is becoming quite entertaining.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by kenadams
Dear Lufthansa,

what we have here is a classic failure to communicate

This situation a couple of months back...

...has evolved into this (after sending a boarding pass over to M&M team USA):

So: a flight in booking class P should earn miles. Automatic crediting does not work - "flight is not eligible for credit" appears on statement. After sending in a boarding pass, the flight that is not eligible for credit also appears as having been credited already. This is becoming quite entertaining.

Hi kenadams, we have forwarded the detailed information again to Miles & More witht the request to take a look at the flights in question. Please keep an eye on your Miles & More account, I hope your request will be finalised soon. Kind regards, Ella
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Hi kenadams, we have forwarded the detailed information again to Miles & More witht the request to take a look at the flights in question. Please keep an eye on your Miles & More account, I hope your request will be finalised soon. Kind regards, Ella
Thank you.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: A3 Gold. Hilton HHonors Silver
Dear Lufthansa
I was fortunate enough to have my flight from Miami to Frankfurt cancelled due to the UFO-strike. I rebooked the ticket myself from LH to Swiss thinking this should be free. However, I had to pay about 3000 Euros as my ticket was A-class while only F was available on Swiss. This was a paid first class ticket and because I had to go home I decided to book online as I spent 55 minutes waiting on the phone to get through on your first class hotline.
I have sent an e-mail to Customer service, I have called the first class hotline twice since I came home and contacted you on Facebook. No one has yet responded to me. All I want is the change fee reimbursed as it specifically was stated on the my bookings page that rebooking was free within the same class. I find it rather horrendous that it has taken you two weeks to get up with nothing. I expected Lufthansa to treat its premium paying passengers and frequent flyers a little better.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by bogstadveien
Dear Lufthansa
I was fortunate enough to have my flight from Miami to Frankfurt cancelled due to the UFO-strike. I rebooked the ticket myself from LH to Swiss thinking this should be free. However, I had to pay about 3000 Euros as my ticket was A-class while only F was available on Swiss. This was a paid first class ticket and because I had to go home I decided to book online as I spent 55 minutes waiting on the phone to get through on your first class hotline.
I have sent an e-mail to Customer service, I have called the first class hotline twice since I came home and contacted you on Facebook. No one has yet responded to me. All I want is the change fee reimbursed as it specifically was stated on the my bookings page that rebooking was free within the same class. I find it rather horrendous that it has taken you two weeks to get up with nothing. I expected Lufthansa to treat its premium paying passengers and frequent flyers a little better.

Hi bogstadveien,
please kindly give the first class service another call, their reachability should be back to normal by now.
Vanessa
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: A3 Gold. Hilton HHonors Silver
Hi bogstadveien,
please kindly give the first class service another call, their reachability should be back to normal by now.
Vanessa
The only response I get there is that they will forward my message to the customer relations department. They say they can't do anything else regarding the refund.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: LH FTL
Dear LH online team ,

Recently I’ve had an issue with your seat reservation system.Usually i manage all my flights on your website when i log in with my Miles&More credentials.When I’m booked on a flight operated by Lufthansa i can choose my seats easily , and i can clearly see which seats are free and which are chargeable.

However when I'm flying on an Austrian operated flight ( classic fare) all of your seats are marked as free,including the exit row seats.When selecting the exit row seat i get a clear message that my seat selection is free. (I’m adding a screenshot from the reservation page).
[img=http://s21.postimg.cc/bnis67qsj/screen1.jpg]
Offering exit row seats for sale is one thing.However offering them for free and then charging your customers for them , without notifying them in any way feels like stealing.

You can understand my surprise when i saw on my monthly credit card statement that i was charged 3 times for something that you advertise as ''free''.

I can send you my details including the booking codes and copy of my credit card statement via PM.

Thank you

fanb
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by fanb
Dear LH online team ,

Recently I’ve had an issue with your seat reservation system.Usually i manage all my flights on your website when i log in with my Miles&More credentials.When I’m booked on a flight operated by Lufthansa i can choose my seats easily , and i can clearly see which seats are free and which are chargeable.

However when I'm flying on an Austrian operated flight ( classic fare) all of your seats are marked as free,including the exit row seats.When selecting the exit row seat i get a clear message that my seat selection is free. (I’m adding a screenshot from the reservation page).
[img=http://s21.postimg.cc/bnis67qsj/screen1.jpg]
Offering exit row seats for sale is one thing.However offering them for free and then charging your customers for them , without notifying them in any way feels like stealing.

You can understand my surprise when i saw on my monthly credit card statement that i was charged 3 times for something that you advertise as ''free''.

I can send you my details including the booking codes and copy of my credit card statement via PM.

Thank you

fanb

Hello fanb,
I would like to forward your case to my colleagues for further clarification, because I’m also very surprised that at no point during the process a fee is shown which needs to be confirmed from your side. Please send us your booking details as PM and my colleagues will have a closer look into the matter. Thank you.
Jens
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
FRA SEN Lounge in "Z" - Suggestion

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 11:05 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:54 am

I was under the impression that the device does very little in reality and most of bubble-preserving effect comes from keeping the bottles cold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.