Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa W12 Operation Changes [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by volta
TLV is HON heavy, so cutting to narrow body, they would anger their loyal base. But maybe the HONs in TLV are low yield ones, so LH decided to save money on that route
If I am not mistaken Israel has aprox 200 HON's and I assume 2000+ SEN's; it's really considered a LH + LX premium market. At the time when LX downgraded their night flight to TLV for many years to short haul equipment they lost a lot of premium traffic of which probably some was feeded to LH.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
If i had to make an educated guess...i would guess that maybe LH is a "little low" on L/H a/c due to refitting of C and F this winter (i saw in another thread some planes are going to refitting)

so they needed to make some changes....and i guess TLV is probably the only (a guess...i could be wrong...) destination that has L/H a/c but also can be served by S/H...

so basically they can change the a/c at Germany - Israel routes to S/H and put the L/H a/c that used to be TLV on routes that HAVE to be serviced by L/H...so they can take out other L/H a/c to be refitted
Old Jul 14, 2012, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
Baku also has L/H ac operating, which could be taken over by S/H.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
Lufthansa Cancels Munich – Singapore – Jakarta Service from late-Oct 2012

According to http://airlineroute.net/2012/07/17/lh-sincgk-w12/

As per 17JUL12 GDS inventory display, Lufthansa from 28OCT12 is cancelling Munich – Singapore – Jakarta service. Reservation for the 5 weekly service is closed, and there are no words whether overall service to Jakarta will be kept.

Schedule:

LH790 MUC2130 – 1640+1SIN1750+1 – 1845+1CGK 343 x13
LH791 CGK1950 – 2235SIN2349 – 0555+1MUC 343 x24
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: KLM Elite for life; LH Senator for life
Why is Lufthansa so late with announcing what they really want to implement??
They must know by now what there intention is.
I have a flight with LH on november 1 to CGK.

On Airlinersnet I read this comment "There is talk in Jakarta that LH will delink KUL from BKK and start a nonstop FRA KUL service, which would then be extended to CGK. LH has been suffering the effects from EK/QR/EY as well as TK in CGK and it is losing out in KUL not only to the Middle Eastern carriers, but also to KL, which goes nonstop daily into KUL and will reinforce frequencies there to 10 weekly from the winter."

Currently they offer FRA-SIN-CGK with their A380 to SIN and SIA for SIN-CGK after Oct 28!

Last edited by Terbang; Jul 18, 2012 at 2:17 pm
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Lufthansa Cancels Munich – Singapore – Jakarta Service from late-Oct 2012

Interesting. At the end of Sept I plan to fly to SIN on LH via either FRA or MUC. I've been monitoring the loads and while LH flies A380 from FRA and "only" an A330/340 from MUC, they've all nearly always been full. Thus I'd be surprised if this cut was due to lack of demand, unless they predict a large drop off come November.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:23 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Originally Posted by megalab
Interesting. At the end of Sept I plan to fly to SIN on LH via either FRA or MUC. I've been monitoring the loads and while LH flies A380 from FRA and "only" an A330/340 from MUC, they've all nearly always been full. Thus I'd be surprised if this cut was due to lack of demand, unless they predict a large drop off come November.
But it does not mean that the flights make money....
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by dj_jay_smith
This is the worst piece of news I have ever heard this morning
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:27 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
CGK is usually the tag on they fly while the aircraft waits to do the evening return to Europe. That they will park both the A380 and a A340 in SIN for the entire day sounds very very strange...
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: KLM Elite for life; LH Senator for life
Dear Oliver,
The MUC flight to SIN (LH790) doesnot exist anymore after OCT 28.
So only the FRA-SIN A380 will be parked at SIN if LH terminates flighing to CGK.
However, I cannot understand that LH reject a market of 200 million people with growing wealth,
As I booked a flight via MUC to CGK on NOV 1, 2012 I am dammed curious what LH has in mind with the SIN-CGK leg connection.
Will they hand over their SIN-CGK business to their *A partner SIA??
Old Jul 18, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: LX/LH SENATOR AF/KL FLYING BLUE GOLD
This does not surprise me much. I have taken this flight a few times and the loading was very light in business and coach.

SWISS has been rumoring to re-open SIN with a direct flight for some time now. Do you think it could be a sign ? Axing MUC-SIN to open ZRH-SIN (which would make a lot of sense IMO)
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Note to self: book another ex-CGK A class ticket quickly...
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:18 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by milesfixed
SWISS has been rumoring to re-open SIN with a direct flight for some time now. Do you think it could be a sign ? Axing MUC-SIN to open ZRH-SIN (which would make a lot of sense IMO)
This was my first thought as well. Transfer MUC pax to FRA's A388 and hopefully ZRH
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:30 am

Programs: LX/LH SENATOR AF/KL FLYING BLUE GOLD
Originally Posted by gojko88
This was my first thought as well. Transfer MUC pax to FRA's A388 and hopefully ZRH
I really hope so! The ZRH-SIN route is lacking in business class seats. The SQ 380 flight is always packed in C-class and it is often impossible to find a seat on short notice. Am sure Swiss would fill his business class cabin easily, given that they have lie-flat seats on the whole fleet now. I know many people (including me) who would switch from SQ to LX.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
CGK is usually the tag on they fly while the aircraft waits to do the evening return to Europe. That they will park both the A380 and a A340 in SIN for the entire day sounds very very strange...
Yet another sign of a company with "excellent policies". Ha ha ha....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.