Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

WSJ: LH To Launch A380 on FRA-JFK [merged first sheduled A380 destination thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WSJ: LH To Launch A380 on FRA-JFK [merged first sheduled A380 destination thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2009, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Who cares about all this *A BS?
Maybe these people who want to reach destinations their home carrier does not fly to?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 5:01 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Who cares about all this *A BS?

Airlines should be for their own customers first. I am absolutely okay, that only SQ elites get SQ F awards, UA elites are preferred on UA and LH/LX is for LH/LX HON and SEN, period. At least for the premium awards.
Edit: Never mind.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 5:03 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack
Corrected already. Again:

EK = 14
SQ = 12
QF = 14
AF = 9
LH = 8
Then the EK A380 Seatguru seat map is wrong as it shows 16 F seats. But doesn't make a difference, LH is still an odd player in terms of F seat numbers.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 5:17 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Originally Posted by Rambuster
We saw 6 A380s in production IIRC (but perhaps it was only 5 ... I was quite tired...): 2-3 (?) x LH, 1 AF, 2 x EK
Rambuster, good afternoon.

Airbus A380 tour was very impressive, and I really enjoyed it, like lots of others.There were 5 of them, 2 x EK, 2 x LH and 1 AF, LH MD was on the right hand side when we entered the building, and on left was the EK, tail was sitting next to it, before entering the next fase in assembly.
There was the AF as 1st, LH 2nd (testing the avionics), and the EK with engines almost ready for roll out according to our tourguide.

Edwin

Tired but very happy
Old Nov 8, 2009, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by dutch_122
Rambuster, good afternoon.

Airbus A380 tour was very impressive, and I really enjoyed it, like lots of others.There were 5 of them, 2 x EK, 2 x LH and 1 AF, LH MD was on the right hand side when we entered the building, and on left was the EK, tail was sitting next to it, before entering the next fase in assembly.
There was the AF as 1st, LH 2nd (testing the avionics), and the EK with engines almost ready for roll out according to our tourguide.

Edwin

Tired but very happy
You are correct ! Now I remember too. Thanks for jogging my memory !
Old Nov 8, 2009, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Then the EK A380 Seatguru seat map is wrong as it shows 16 F seats.
While the picture shows 16, the accompanying text says 14.
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
But doesn't make a difference, LH is still an odd player in terms of F seat numbers.
With 9 AF F seats, not so odd.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 7:36 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by MLang2
Maybe these people who want to reach destinations their home carrier does not fly to?
Bad luck.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 7:52 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MLang2
Bad luck.
I'm sure there are revenue tix one can buy to those destinations regardless of the status.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 8:11 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I'm sure there are revenue tix one can buy to those destinations regardless of the status.
This is, what I always do. I stopped caring about this *A total nonsense years ago and go with the carrier of my choice. Just made the *A mistake once again last year with a UA domestinc connection, and

This *A is a marketing gimmick, that's it. IMHO, *A RIP.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
This is, what I always do. I stopped caring about this *A total nonsense years ago and go with the carrier of my choice. Just made the *A mistake once again last year with a UA domestinc connection, and

This *A is a marketing gimmick, that's it. IMHO, *A RIP.
With 27 or 28 airlines in Star it really is becoming a joke. It is a marketing cooperation at the lowest common denominator - this denominator being they all operate flights !

Last edited by Rambuster; Nov 8, 2009 at 8:50 am
Old Nov 8, 2009, 8:37 am
hch

Originally Posted by Rambuster
With 27 or 28 airlines in Star it really is becoming a joke. It is a marketing cooperation at the lowest common denomenator - this denominator being they all operate flights !
Yeah. Told this the *A guys at the do in FRA and strangely enough they actually seemed genuinely surprised about it. Guess they don't actually fly much and if they do you don't notice all that when on a jumpseat..
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:09 am

Rambuster and SoG, what you are saying is exactly proving my point of view.

If *A wants to be more than just a "marketing gag" they are surely not achieving that by putting up borders between the member airlines. I have no idea what Mr. Antinori's vision of *A is, but a REAL alliance could never be build without contribution from the members.

So I see no way for each and every airline picking their raisins out of the network (fine if my SQ elite whatever members can fly F on miles at LH, UA, LX an all the others, but I will not give any F seats to other *A-customers).

I am curious what answer they will find to that. Wouldn't be surprised if the rule would be that only Y and C are available *A-wide. If thats a rule for the common network, why not?

Every other special-solution of the airlines putting up restrictions just how they like is not the way this alliance should go.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:54 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Hi there!

This is a friendly reminder to stay on topic: The inaugural LH A380 flight. If you want to discuss the advantages and (probably even more so) disadvantages of *A please start a new thread either in this forum or the *A forum.

Take care!

totti
M&M moderator
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Airokid
Is LH putting a new first class in these 380s. The F now is comparable to the nicer J products available.
Anyone know the answer to this one?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 4:57 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by fly2nrt
Anyone know the answer to this one?
Yes, LH is putting a new F into the A380 and potentially looks at retrofitting the Airbuses. A search will bring up the threads with all the details we "know" so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.