Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bzcat
Effective May 2015, Parking Spot has implemented a customer-only policy for its shuttles at LAX. This effectively means In-N-Out Burger runs via Parking Spot Shuttle will come to an end.

From certain LAX terminals (e.g. T1), it is probably fastest to walk to In-N-Out Burger using the sidewalk on Sepulveda Blvd. This is a roughly 15 minutes walk. From the lower (arrival) level, take the sidewalk outside T1 and cross Vickburg Ave and walk east towards Sepulveda Blvd. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north pass the urgent care facility at 96th street and cross Lincoln Blvd to In-N-Out. Please note that it is recommended that you walk from the lower (arrival) level. The upper (departure) level sidewalk will lead to towards Sky Way and it has very narrow and inadequate sidewalk, which is difficult to navigate with luggage.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAXit Shuttle (green buses) to Rideshare lot. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAXit sign on the Lower/Arrival Level in front of each terminal. Once you reach the Rideshare lot, walk towards the sidewalk on Century Blvd and follow it to Sepulveda. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north.

To return to LAX from In-N-Out Burgers, follow the sidewalk on Sepulveda south towards LAX and turn right on Century. Walk to T1 if that is your departure terminal. Catch the free Airline Connection Shuttle A from T1 to other terminals.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAX Shuttle C to Long Term Parking Lot C. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal. Exit the bus at the first stop outside the airport @ 96th between Skyway and Sepulveda (before the bus enters the parking lot). From there, it is a 7~8 minute walk to In-N-Out on Sepulveda Blvd. See Google Map Here: https://goo.gl/maps/yyuJu

To return to LAX, follow the same path back to 96th Street but continue past Skyway to the LAX Lot C Shuttle Depot to board awaiting bus. See Google Map Here:
https://goo.gl/maps/m4J3m

Print Wikipost

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:38 pm

Just to confirm, grab the LAX shuttle C from the TBIT and get off at Cell Phone Waiting Lot? Will there be announcements on where the stops are?

If anything, I can probably ask the driver on how to head back to the airport. If anything, I can probably walk, I just hope it won't be too hot that day!

Been trying Shake Shack all these years and never having the chance to try In-N-Out! How's the protein style burger as well as the vanilla shake?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by maortega15
I hope someone can help me out here but how do I go about going to In-N-Out with luggage since LAX doesn't have a place to store my bags? Will have a 5 hour layover or so. Thanks
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
1. Check your bags
2. Drag them with you (I've taken carry-on size rollaboard with minimal difficulty)
3. Get uber/taxi.

Enjoy!
I walked to In-N-Out last night after an 1100p arrival. In my case I was staying at the Concourse Hotel (now a Hyatt) right at the corner of Century Blvd. and Sepulveda, so stopped to drop off my bags, but I seriously considered taking my bags with me to save that 10-minute stop!

That said, if you have lounge access at LAX, I would be perfectly comfortable leaving my bags in the lounge. I routinely leave my bags at the AA lounge for about an hour while I go out for a run if my layover is long enough.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll be coming from the TBIT with probably just a rolling carry-on. What would be the best way to and from the TBIT to In-N-Out?

Thanks for your help.
You can walk it in half an hour from TBIT. A good way to burn some of the calories you'll be consuming. Otherwise take the Long Term Parking Lot C shuttle as described in the wiki.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can probably skip the meal on the plane or have something light on board.
I am a HUGE proponent of skipping airplane food -- irrespective of the airline and the class of service -- in favor of eating real food on the ground!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:47 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Please stay on topic

Posts discussing leaving luggage at airline lounges were moved to this thread:
A post concerning the opening hours of the oneworld lounge was moved here:
Future off-topic posts will simply be deleted.

Thank you,

TWA884
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:03 pm

Sorry about that. I guess my questions became off topic.

I can probably just have some fruit and a yogurt on board. Fruit and yogurt seem to be good on CX.

I can probably walk which I don't have a problem doing especially with calories I'll be consuming as well as the long layover I have.

Hows the vanilla shake and protein style burger as well as the fries? I only eat fries about once or twice a year in the summer. The fries at Shake Shack IIRC are crinkle cut. It was ok.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Just to confirm, grab the LAX shuttle C from the TBIT and get off at Cell Phone Waiting Lot? Will there be announcements on where the stops are?

If anything, I can probably ask the driver on how to head back to the airport. If anything, I can probably walk, I just hope it won't be too hot that day!

Been trying Shake Shack all these years and never having the chance to try In-N-Out! How's the protein style burger as well as the vanilla shake?
No announcements. Just ring the bell as soon as the bus leaves the airport. There will be other people getting off at the Cell Phone Waiting Lot (first stop outside airport) as it is also the stop for the City Bus Center.

The Bus Depot for Lot C where you have to board the shuttle to return to the terminals is literally on the other side of Vicksburg Ave from where you get off.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by bzcat
No announcements. Just ring the bell as soon as the bus leaves the airport. There will be other people getting off at the Cell Phone Waiting Lot (first stop outside airport) as it is also the stop for the City Bus Center.

The Bus Depot for Lot C where you have to board the shuttle to return to the terminals is literally on the other side of Vicksburg Ave from where you get off.
Thanks, will keep this in mind just in case I decide not to walk.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hows the vanilla shake and protein style burger as well as the fries? I only eat fries about once or twice a year in the summer. The fries at Shake Shack IIRC are crinkle cut. It was ok.
I didn't have a shake. I had a "double double, animal style" and fries (google "animal style" if you don't know what that means). After three attempts on three separate occasions and in three separate In-N-Out locations, I am firmly in the "I don't get it" camp. Sure it's a good burger, but IMHO not worth the insane hype it gets. And the fries are kinda just not good, even if they are fresh cut in house. All of that said, you still MUST go, if only to see what it's all about. I prefer Shake Shack, but there are just as many who prefer In-N-Out. So please go and report your reaction! (And even though I'm in the "I don't get it" camp, I absolutely will go back. I mean it's still a burger after all!)
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:28 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Blumie
After three attempts on three separate occasions and in three separate In-N-Out locations, I am firmly in the "I don't get it" camp. Sure it's a good burger, but IMHO not worth the insane hype it gets. And the fries are kinda just not good, even if they are fresh cut in house.
I could have written that, except that living in Southern California I have eaten at In-N-Out many more times than you.

When I question friends, whose taste in food I trust, about their obsession with In-N-Out, the answer is almost always the price point. For what you pay at McDonald's, Burger King, Jack in the Box, etc., and often less, you get a much higher quality burger.

About the fries, you are far from alone:
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Blumie
I didn't have a shake. I had a "double double, animal style" and fries (google "animal style" if you don't know what that means). After three attempts on three separate occasions and in three separate In-N-Out locations, I am firmly in the "I don't get it" camp. Sure it's a good burger, but IMHO not worth the insane hype it gets. And the fries are kinda just not good, even if they are fresh cut in house. All of that said, you still MUST go, if only to see what it's all about. I prefer Shake Shack, but there are just as many who prefer In-N-Out. So please go and report your reaction! (And even though I'm in the "I don't get it" camp, I absolutely will go back. I mean it's still a burger after all!)
Well I'm going just for the hell of it. While I like burgers, I don't really eat burgers much thought the year. Only during the summer. I'm sure it will be better than Mickey D's or even Five Guy's. And as an aviation enthusiast, I might stay for a bit to plane spot as well! I did look up "animal style" and unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be my thing especially with all that grease. I'll be keeping it simple.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
I could have written that, except that living in Southern California I have eaten at In-N-Out many more times than you.

When I question friends, whose taste in food I trust, about their obsession with In-N-Out, the answer is almost always the price point. For what you pay at McDonald's, Burger King, Jack in the Box, etc., and often less, you get a much higher quality burger.

About the fries, you are far from alone:
Interesting. When I got back to my hotel, I googled reviews of In-N-Out compared to Shake Shack and Five Guys. I was really kind of surprised by the number of reviewers who claim to have done side-by-side comparisons and still prefer In-N-Out. So maybe it's a cult, but I still wouldn't discourage anyone from giving it a try just to see what it's all about.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And as an aviation enthusiast, I might stay for a bit to plane spot as well!
It's worth it for the plane spotting alone. I have a running route in that neighborhood, my favorite part of which is the number of jets that seemingly are going to land right on my head!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Order the fries well-done. They'll be cooked for an extra time, but not burned.

I do like the Shake Shack Chicago style hot dog. The burgers are OK, better than 5 guys.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Order the fries well-done. They'll be cooked for an extra time, but not burned.
Now that you mention it, I do recall the fries at Shake Shack being on the soft side and needs to be cooked more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.