Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bzcat
Effective May 2015, Parking Spot has implemented a customer-only policy for its shuttles at LAX. This effectively means In-N-Out Burger runs via Parking Spot Shuttle will come to an end.

From certain LAX terminals (e.g. T1), it is probably fastest to walk to In-N-Out Burger using the sidewalk on Sepulveda Blvd. This is a roughly 15 minutes walk. From the lower (arrival) level, take the sidewalk outside T1 and cross Vickburg Ave and walk east towards Sepulveda Blvd. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north pass the urgent care facility at 96th street and cross Lincoln Blvd to In-N-Out. Please note that it is recommended that you walk from the lower (arrival) level. The upper (departure) level sidewalk will lead to towards Sky Way and it has very narrow and inadequate sidewalk, which is difficult to navigate with luggage.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAXit Shuttle (green buses) to Rideshare lot. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAXit sign on the Lower/Arrival Level in front of each terminal. Once you reach the Rideshare lot, walk towards the sidewalk on Century Blvd and follow it to Sepulveda. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north.

To return to LAX from In-N-Out Burgers, follow the sidewalk on Sepulveda south towards LAX and turn right on Century. Walk to T1 if that is your departure terminal. Catch the free Airline Connection Shuttle A from T1 to other terminals.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAX Shuttle C to Long Term Parking Lot C. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal. Exit the bus at the first stop outside the airport @ 96th between Skyway and Sepulveda (before the bus enters the parking lot). From there, it is a 7~8 minute walk to In-N-Out on Sepulveda Blvd. See Google Map Here: https://goo.gl/maps/yyuJu

To return to LAX, follow the same path back to 96th Street but continue past Skyway to the LAX Lot C Shuttle Depot to board awaiting bus. See Google Map Here:
https://goo.gl/maps/m4J3m

Print Wikipost

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Family of 4 with a 5.5-hour layover in LAX wants In-N-Out. Rather than all four of us trying to get to In-N-Out with all of our carry-ons, I thought it might be better to walk over there by myself, get the food, and then take an Uber back to LAX. Has anyone taken In-N-Out through security? So long as I don't bring a soda or milkshake, it should be okay, right?
It was probably 6-7 years ago, but an FT friend and I were traveling through LAX and another FT friend brought us In-N-Out to-go through security. I don't recall if he brought any condiments, but the actual ingredients on the burger and fries were fine and passed muster(d).

Originally Posted by bzcat
Be advised that Uber or Lyft may not work properly at In-N-Out. It is very close to the geo-fence established at LAX for rideshare apps so if you tried to Uber there, it may send the driver to the nearest rideshare pickup point, which is between T1 and T2 upper level.

It worked once for me and didn't work another time.
Might it make a difference if you actually tell the Uber/Lyft app that you are at In-N-Out rather than just letting it pinpoint your pick-up location by your current GPS location?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TWA884
The Spot Club card is free and easy to get.
Do we know if this still works? OR, have they figured out that people are using this and sharpened their shuttle requirements?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:43 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by skye1
Do we know if this still works? OR, have they figured out that people are using this and sharpened their shuttle requirements?
That post is almost five years old.

The Parking Spot has gone paperless and cashless since then. Customers now use the Parking Spot smartphone app or swipe a credit card to enter and exit and the parking charges are calculated and charged to the card. I don't believe that Spot Club cards are still being issued.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
There is no substitution for In-n-Out. Period.
Does the one at LAX let you order to go without driving a car thru? All the In-n-Out near me closed off their walk in order building. You can only order using the drive thru.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Need
Does the one at LAX let you order to go without driving a car thru? All the In-n-Out near me closed off their walk in order building. You can only order using the drive thru.
Shots from today (this evening):

David
Need likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 11:05 pm

Thanks. The one near me closed and locked the door to the inside. Many people tried to go in to use the bathroom because the drive thru line was sooooo long.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Every county health department has different rules (which is one of the reason why we can't bring Covid under control in the US) so that probably explains why your In-N-Out has closed its doors while the ones in LA are still open for walk in takeout orders.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bzcat
Every county health department has different rules (which is one of the reason why we can't bring Covid under control in the US) so that probably explains why your In-N-Out has closed its doors while the ones in LA are still open for walk in takeout orders.
Does anyone know the latest on being able to walk from T1 or T2 to in-n-out given the construction going on?
Old Apr 8, 2021, 4:09 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by rkoechel
Does anyone know the latest on being able to walk from T1 or T2 to in-n-out given the construction going on?
I dropped someone off at LAX this morning. The sidewalks on the north side of the horseshoe are open, so there should not be any problem walking from T1 or T2 to In-N-Out.
kirkwoodj, ExpatExp and rkoechel like this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:56 am

No problem with walking to In-N-Out. Sidewalks are open.

Also, In-N-Out now allows indoor seating per LA County health department guidelines. Lines to order (both inside and drive thru) can get really long during lunch since food options inside the terminals are still limited.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 3, 2021, 4:05 pm
viz

Programs: DL DM, AC 75K, NEXUS, Bonvoy Platinum
Did a burger run on 5/2 on a DTW-LAX-BOS MR, super easy! Line was not too bad at 11am, and a bunch of families and planespotters at the park across the street. I'd recommend walking along the east side of Sepulveda, the sidewalks are wider and you can avoid uncontrolled crosswalks.You need to cross right before W 92nd which can be a little dicey, if it's really bad you can just cross at Westchester where there's a light.
Old May 21, 2021, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
If any folks transiting LAX tomorrow (Saturday, May 22nd) want to test their In-N-Out navigation skills, please feel free to join us:

LAX Meetup: In-N-Out - Saturday, May 22, 2021

David
ExpatExp likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 5:51 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by DELee
If any folks transiting LAX tomorrow (Saturday, May 22nd) want to test their In-N-Out navigation skills, please feel free to join us:

LAX Meetup: In-N-Out - Saturday, May 22, 2021

David
l will be doing an In n Out walking tour next week. Let me know how the walk from T6/7 is looking.
Old May 21, 2021, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Finkface
l will be doing an In n Out walking tour next week. Let me know how the walk from T6/7 is looking.
I walk between QuikPark and T6 regularly, and just did it yesterday. There's construction and some detours, but you can still get out to Sepulveda ok. I think the nicer way is to head as if you're going to LAXit and then as soon as you cross center way (there's cones and a crossing guard) turn east around the admin building and walk out toward the flagpole park and colored pylons. You should also be able to just walk out to the LAXit lot and walk out to Sepulveda. I haven't been going that way because Uber/Lyft seem to have gotten pretty expensive so it's been cheaper for me to drive and park at QuikPark, and the walk isn't much farther than the LAXit lot. I haven't been over the Vicksburg bridge in about a year, but if it's open it's cool to be on the bridge when planes are coming in, and there's a stairway from the south side of the bridge to Sepulveda.
TWA884 and bzcat like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 12:32 am

I should add that since LAX shuttle buses now run in dedicated bus lanes, it is generally quite fast to take the LAXit shuttle to the Uber/Lyft lot and then walk to In-N-Out Burgers.

I updated the wiki section to reflect this change.
kirkwoodj and ExpatExp like this.

Last edited by bzcat; May 24, 2021 at 12:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.