Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAN Pass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 8:11 am

Programs: VA Platinum / QF Platinum
Originally Posted by JumboJ
At the end of May / beginning of June I flew LAX-AKL, AKL-LAX on one of Qantas's great $399+ sale fares. This ticket booked into O class, which according to LAN's Oneworld KM earning chart found here:

http://www.lan.com/en_us/lanpass/acu...cumulo_ow.html

should earn 100% of KM's flown. However after going through their kilometer verification process, and waiting nearly a month, I checked up on the application today to find the status as "Kilometers not accepted".

Is there something at work here that I don't understand? The chart seems to be pretty self explanatory. Does LAN not actually honor it? What recourse am I left with?
Jumbo, did you get this resolved? Did you get your O-booking class miles posted to your LANPASS account? I've taken a few of the same flights on Qantas recently and they are taking their sweet time to post as well. I'm wondering if I will have to do the LAN dance like you did. Please keep us posted on this.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:06 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by marinersdave
Jumbo, did you get this resolved? Did you get your O-booking class miles posted to your LANPASS account? I've taken a few of the same flights on Qantas recently and they are taking their sweet time to post as well. I'm wondering if I will have to do the LAN dance like you did. Please keep us posted on this.
I got it half resolved. My Kilometers posted (after resubmitting the request).. my partners never did. We've submitted it over and over again and it keeps getting rejected. I've probably made 20 phonecalls trying to straighten it out and I think I'm just wasting time at this point.

LAN keeps saying that Qantas is rejecting the kilometer request because they can't find my partner on the flights. When I talk to Qantas, they have no problem finding her on the flights and it's very clear that we're on the same reservation and that she flew with me. They say that LAN is screwing something up. I don't know why someone at LAN can't just pick up the damn phone and call Qantas. It took about 45 seconds when I called for the Qantas CSR to find my booking number and check to see that we both took the flights. I guess another 10 hours of my time on this goose chase isn't worth as much as 1 minute of the LAN CSR's time. LAN keeps asking for our boarding passes. My partner didn't save hers. It's beginning to look like we're screwed without them, even though Qantas is sitting there ready and willing to relay the necessary info to LAN if only they were properly asked for it.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:14 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by JumboJ
I got it half resolved. My Kilometers posted (after resubmitting the request).. my partners never did. We've submitted it over and over again and it keeps getting rejected. I've probably made 20 phonecalls trying to straighten it out and I think I'm just wasting time at this point.

LAN keeps saying that Qantas is rejecting the kilometer request because they can't find my partner on the flights. When I talk to Qantas, they have no problem finding her on the flights and it's very clear that we're on the same reservation and that she flew with me. They say that LAN is screwing something up. I don't know why someone at LAN can't just pick up the damn phone and call Qantas. It took about 45 seconds when I called for the Qantas CSR to find my booking number and check to see that we both took the flights. I guess another 10 hours of my time on this goose chase isn't worth as much as 1 minute of the LAN CSR's time. LAN keeps asking for our boarding passes. My partner didn't save hers. It's beginning to look like we're screwed without them, even though Qantas is sitting there ready and willing to relay the necessary info to LAN if only they were properly asked for it.
Lan ground staff are usually not customer friendly; Sorry to hear about all your trouble and time wasted; Based on all your efforts so far and others experiences with LAN I would say that they cannot care any less.

Good luck
Old Oct 16, 2010, 6:37 am

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
And they, like other large Chile in culture companies, have such a rigorous new employee screening process (from the experience of my pareja's daughter).

But then, customer service is not a trait of Chile's business culture in general and no employee would run the risk of acting on their own which could result in getting canned or penalized.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 5:10 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
I just received a match to LAN Comodoro from my United 1K status. I emailed [email protected] in Spanish with my request and attached a photo of my 1K card along with 1 year of history from the Mileage Plus website. I received a reply within one day asking for my last six monthly statements. I was a bit confused by this but I just went back to the MP website and created PDFs of each of the previous six months. Sent that off and within a week I was given the match! Not sure how long it will be good but I can report back once I receive that card.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: EK IB QF
Originally Posted by rwk32882
I just received a match to LAN Comodoro from my United 1K status. I emailed [email protected] in Spanish with my request and attached a photo of my 1K card along with 1 year of history from the Mileage Plus website. I received a reply within one day asking for my last six monthly statements. I was a bit confused by this but I just went back to the MP website and created PDFs of each of the previous six months. Sent that off and within a week I was given the match! Not sure how long it will be good but I can report back once I receive that card.
Hi!

Do you have any news regarding the arrival of your LANPASS card?

I'm thinking of matching my IB+ Oro...

Regards and happy flying!
Old Jun 11, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
A secondary question... regardless of whether or when you get the physical card, did they not update your account status immediately and hence you have the coupons and benefits anyway?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by alekos47
Hi!

Do you have any news regarding the arrival of your LANPASS card?

I'm thinking of matching my IB+ Oro...

Regards and happy flying!
Check it out first - sometimes airlines don't match status with other airlines in the same alliance. I got my QF status matched at United by not at AA.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:25 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
LANPASS - BCP debacle

It seems that yesterday a huge number of mistake-kms were deposited in some LANPASS accounts. Those affected were some Peruvian BCP LANPASS cardholders that received something like 100 times as many kms as they should have (it was a mistake involving a double-kms-for-a-month promotion, so the kms were credited as "promotional BCP bonus" or something like that).

LAN is pointing the finger at BCP on Facebook, BCP is apologizing in the newspaper and meanwhile, it seems like a lot of people who got wind of this went ahead and redeemed tickets. To top it all off, it seems that all BCP LANPASS carholders now have their accounts blocked and cannot access or redeem anything at all.

I doubt that BCP has the power to credit kms to accounts, so I think that LAN should've had some verification going on... in any case, it'll be interesting to see how they deal with this (and how long it takes them to fix it).
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:55 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
So THAT'S WHY I can't get in my account! I had about 20,000 Kms. or so coming to me since I just about maxed out my BCP Visa card for May to take advantage of the promotion. By the way, thanks Andrea for the informative links.

Last edited by david_33; Jun 22, 2011 at 9:05 pm
Old Jun 28, 2011, 6:57 pm

LAN does poor status match with Aeroplan (StarAlliance)

For info, I recieved a positive reply from Lan Peru to my request for a status match. However...

It took 3 months (one of the excuses was the extra work the upgrade to the LANPASS site caused)
I originally sent them the needed information in an email and 3 weeks later they asked for the exact same information in their required format (PDF of recent statements and copy of card)... it is like dealing with anal 12 year olds.
They were clearly not knowledgeable about Aeroplan, not surprisingly, so they came back with more questions for which I had already proactively provided the answers.
They eventually offered PREMIUM to match my Aeroplan Elite... the correct match would have been PREMIUM SILVER, but, really, they are impossible to deal with.
The irony is they took so long to answer I already achieved PREMIUM on my own this year... so the offer to match to PREMIUM, when I already have it, is pretty much lame... but why expect any common sense from the back offices of Lan.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 1:14 pm

For those who deal with the Santiago call center

I know a young lady who is near completing the "grueling" 8+ week process of becoming a LAN call center rep. If she passes the last two weeks (of the 8 weeks), she will be a part of a 6 month tryout period working for LAN via another company and if she passes that, she will work directly for LAN. Many will ultimately be working from home via a company installed terminal.

What I'm saying is that "supposedly" LAN is aware they have a problem and that they did a mass recruiting many weeks ago to overhaul their Chile-based call center system.

The word is that customer service screw ups will not be tolerated and one is enough for immediate dismissal.

We shall see.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 2:31 pm

[QUOTE=Viajero Perpetuo;16783619]
The word is that customer service screw ups will not be tolerated and one is enough for immediate dismissal./QUOTE]

This is bad news because it is EXACTLY the root cause of bad LAN service. Agents, like deer in the headlights, are paralyzed to do anything, even common sense solutions, because of fear due to company policy like this. Check the rules, check with supervisor, check again, pass the buck again, never admit a mistake, stick with the storyline, and if all that fails, disconnect. It takes weeks to get anywhere towards a solution and hence rarely resulting in customer satisfaction, but the agents ash is covered.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 2:39 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo
Many will ultimately be working from home via a company installed terminal.
WOW!

I always wondered what happens if you respond to those posters on lamp posts that say "Earn $$$$ working from home"

In all seriousness this is in itself not great. So there is no calling a supervisor with a sympathetic pair of ears over if the agent won't budge when you tell them "I last saw my wheelchair someone near Quito"
Old Jul 23, 2011, 2:56 pm

Just reporting what I heard.

All this might very well be to reinforce an already impenetrable (by the customer) system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.