Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Skypass Miles on Delta

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tth6133
It's highly unlikely you'll find any saver level award ticket for that week (let alone 4 tickets), unfortunately.
I disagree. I've been scoping KE for a year via the call back and have found 5 seats available for multiple dates.

Tth6133, have you any evidence or experience booking KE on DL?

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Jan 3, 2017 at 11:08 pm
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I disagree. I've been scoping KE for a year via the call back and have found 5 seats available for multiple dates.

Tth6133, have you any evidence or experience booking KE on DL?
Yes, but I've not been able to find award tickets to Hawaii for the week between Christmas and New Year under multiple programs (including all three alliances), not just KE. Which airport did your flight originate from, may I ask?

Now that those DL flights are bookable online, we can easily check in a couple of weeks (DL flights are bookable 331 days ahead of time).

Last edited by tth6133; Jan 4, 2017 at 7:28 am
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by AimClickShoot
Is this even going to be possible...

We've racked up the 200k UR points from Chase. We want to go from DTW to OGG (That's Detroit to Maui). We want to travel over Christmas next year, as I'm a teacher. So we're looking at anywhere from 12/23 till beginning of Jan. Delta doesn't have Dec 2017 flights out yet.

I have my skypass account. Should I add my family to it, now that you can "book online"? What are the chances of getting 4 tickets at that time? And what about 4 first class tickets?
Can you elaborate on the online process? Is this something new that would allow one to avoid the documented call-in, call-back procedure?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ronnyk
Can you elaborate on the online process? Is this something new that would allow one to avoid the documented call-in, call-back procedure?
Just go to KE site, log in, and search Skyteam awards. It became possible this week.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:01 pm

Just go to KE site, log in, and search Skyteam awards. It became possible this week.
I think what the previous poster means is something like:

Login to www.koreanair.com
click the Book A flight button
Select the Award Booking subcategory

However, neither of the options show a Skyteam Awards option, only KE flights.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by hurnik
I think what the previous poster means is something like:

Login to www.koreanair.com
click the Book A flight button
Select the Award Booking subcategory

However, neither of the options show a Skyteam Awards option, only KE flights.
Yes, there is an option for Skyteam. Once you get to the Award Booking page, there are two options: "Korean Air Award" and "Skyteam Award." After selecting Skyteam, you can book DL and etc flights.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:46 pm

Yes, there is an option for Skyteam. Once you get to the Award Booking page, there are two options: "Korean Air Award" and "Skyteam Award." After selecting Skyteam, you can book DL and etc flights.
Must be an issue with Firefox then as it doesn't show up for me.

Tried using IE and now I see it. (yes, clearing cache, etc. to no avail).
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:14 pm

I am trying to book a trip from NYC to Hawaii with a stop over in San Jose and running into an issue - not sure I am doing something wrong or the Korean Air rules have changed recently? I searched delta award availability on Air France for the dates I needed and logged into the Korean Air to see if it would price the tickets (since it now allows you to search partner awards). Here is what I am trying to do:

LGA -> SJC ( this itinerary is via MSP)
SJC -> OGG (this itinerary is via SEA)
HNL - LGA (this itinerary is via MSP)

After I enter this into the search engine on the Korean site and hit enter I get the below pop-up:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Non-SkyTeam operated route can be allowed in final destination only for entire journey"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After hitting confirm it actually continues to search for the flights, and finds displays the the Delta flights I found on Air France's website, I select my flights and hit calculate and get the below error:

Reservation could not be proceeded due to following reason. Please change your itinerary and start again or contact Korean Air Service Center.

Invalid itinerary to issue SkyTeam award in one ticket
Invalid itinerary as country of destination does not match with country of departure
Invalid itinerary as transferring city of departure or destination more than once
Invalid itinerary as number of transfer exceeds 3 times per one way between city of departure and destination, or number of stopover exceeds 2 times excluding destination (number of stopover counts as part of transfer)
Invalid itinerary as landing city of one route and embarking city of next route is different other than final destination

I am assuming it is not pricing because there are two many connections on the whole itinerary?

I am able to price this award if I do a direct flight from JFK-LAX ( stop over ) LAX-HNL, HNL-JFK. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks for your help in advance!
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by edemirel
I am trying to book a trip from NYC to Hawaii with a stop over in San Jose and running into an issue - not sure I am doing something wrong or the Korean Air rules have changed recently? I searched delta award availability on Air France for the dates I needed and logged into the Korean Air to see if it would price the tickets (since it now allows you to search partner awards). Here is what I am trying to do:

After I enter this into the search engine on the Korean site and hit enter I get the below pop-up:

"Non-SkyTeam operated route can be allowed in final destination only for entire journey"

After hitting confirm it actually continues to search for the flights, and finds displays the the Delta flights I found on Air France's website, I select my flights and hit calculate and get the below error:

Reservation could not be proceeded due to following reason. Please change your itinerary and start again or contact Korean Air Service Center.

Invalid itinerary as country of destination does not match with country of departure
Invalid itinerary as transferring city of departure or destination more than once
Invalid itinerary as number of transfer exceeds 3 times per one way between city of departure and destination, or number of stopover exceeds 2 times excluding destination (number of stopover counts as part of transfer)
Invalid itinerary as landing city of one route and embarking city of next route is different other than final destination

I am assuming it is not pricing because there are two many connections on the whole itinerary?

I am able to price this award if I do a direct flight from JFK-LAX ( stop over ) LAX-HNL, HNL-JFK. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks for your help in advance!
I've found that one connection is all it can handle. That's all the phone CSRs can book, too, at least in my experience. I wanted to do OGG-LAX-MSP-MEM and couldn't (even though KE had each segment available if I searched independently). My guess is that the KE site is getting blocked by DL married segment pricing/booking. I'd book it with one connection, and see if you can change it by phone later. But be prepared to keep the one connection. That's all I could manage after several calls and checking the new site.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:15 pm

I've found that one connection is all it can handle. That's all the phone CSRs can book, too, at least in my experience. I wanted to do OGG-LAX-MSP-MEM and couldn't (even though KE had each segment available if I searched independently). My guess is that the KE site is getting blocked by DL married segment pricing/booking. I'd book it with one connection, and see if you can change it by phone later. But be prepared to keep the one connection. That's all I could manage after several calls and checking the new site.
It looks like this wasn't an issue before, as I have seen a few people online who were able to book stop overs with connections (similar to we were trying to do) without issues. This must be a new thing with the new site or has this been the case before?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:59 pm

It looks like this wasn't an issue before, as I have seen a few people online who were able to book stop overs with connections (similar to we were trying to do) without issues. This must be a new thing with the new site or has this been the case before?
I booked in September for July 2017 via phone and couldn't get more than one connection. When KE went online, I saw my segments open with two connections. I could not book a through way ticket (new) nor could CSR change my ticket. He saw the segments but could book them altogether.

Doesn't seem new to me.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:07 am

KE only allows 2 transfers (transfers = connections + stopover in KE language) in each direction. You have 3 on your way to OGG.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:51 am

KE only allows 2 transfers (transfers = connections + stopover in KE language) in each direction. You have 3 on your way to OGG.
Thanks for the information. I thought maybe this was recent, due to the below blog post, the itinerary he has in this post has the same number of connections on my flight.

https://loopholetravel.com/2016/11/2...-25000-points/

The issue is that there is no availability for direct flights from NYC to Bay Area for the dates I am looking at.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:21 am

Seems like I should have been able to book OGG-LAX-MSP-MEM, with space open on segments, but I could not. Ended up with OGG-LAX-MEM and 13 hours in LAX. Will have to either book a room to sleep or rent a car for the day.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:36 am

Thanks for the information. I thought maybe this was recent, due to the below blog post, the itinerary he has in this post has the same number of connections on my flight.

https://loopholetravel.com/2016/11/2...-25000-points/

The issue is that there is no availability for direct flights from NYC to Bay Area for the dates I am looking at.
You may want to try to book the same trip using Flying Blue miles instead. I believe it doesn't have the same restriction, but would cost you 5k more miles per round trip ticket in economy. You can transfer points to Flying Blue account from Citi TY, Chase UR, or AmEx MR, etc.

Last edited by tth6133; Jan 16, 2017 at 11:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.