Search

Pointbreaks Discussion Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2011, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by chongcao
Kind of proving my 5% theory....
Massaging factoids to fit a theory doesn't prove it. A flat earth was a working theory for quite some time.

Many of the ICs in the scheme have been straightforward $300+ a night properties with no "problems" (IC Sao Paulo, IC Mumbai Marine Drive); others have had PBs thrust on them at peak times. It's certainly true that hotels experiencing "difficulties" (IC Semiramis) have been on the list, but that is a very long way from being a common characteristic.

You might want to accept that PB selection is not the manifestation of some fiendishly well thought out strategy, but more the result of a pin and a list.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:39 pm

It's now exactly one month until the current list is due to end, so I figured I may as well get in there first..........

There are going to be no more Points Breaks after the current list. Not only that, but the sky is going to fall in too.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 2:14 pm

Oh no. Is this coming from an insider?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
Oh no. Is this coming from an insider?
You didn't take him seriously did you?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
You didn't take him seriously did you?
Esp after all the "there are no more PB predictions." They're just as accurate as when someone predicts the next list will come out.

We have til end of July til the current list goes, I'd say at least 4 weeks.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:18 pm

Insider?
Do you mean this guy?

Originally Posted by PriorityMaster
What do you have in mind? Imagining the IHG people think like that: "Wow, we have so many customers we really care about, let's do them something good and make a lot of Point Breaks". Then, you are a real dreamer. The reality is like that:
"We have so many empty and economically suffering properties, and why not filling them with Point Break guests - better than nothing. Oh yes, to make it more interesting for our customers, we put in one or two ICs, with OF COURSE very limited capacity, so they really believe we care for them. Duh!"

Well, currently I am in the UK and I was indeed visiting the headquarters of IHG on Friday (of course on other issues than Point Breaks). Yet I spoke to one of the higher employees, and he made clear that "Point Breaks will not exist the way they used to exist. There will be much less properties as the economy is recovering, and they will not change that frequently."
When I asked when the new list will be out, he smiled and said something like: "This I am not allowed not tell, yet you have the great opportunity to collect points for them during the next month ..."

anyway, for all those guys waiting for the PBs: sorry to disappoint you...

And just another thing - I had some time during the weekend when I analyzed the website of the Point Breaks - did you notice that you are logged? This simply means that PC will record and analyze (and probably react to it) any visitor on that specific page. Why the heck do they need it on THAT page? They are using FetchBack for that ("FetchBack is an internet marketing company that specializes in a targeted form of behavioral targeting called retargeting")

Or this guy?

Originally Posted by Plizatnum
I hate to be esoteric about my sources, but let's just say - despite last week being my premier post - I'm creditable. Time and further posts on my part should prove this.

I have read flyertalk for months - but only recently got the chutzpah to blog. 777 gmh: you may have heard about priorityclubinsider.com - another source for info about promotions or changes on the PCR horizon. That's a good site for all things Priority Club breaking news. (And it's called priorityclubinsider.com for a reason) .

I look forward to posting more news as I get the info (and courage) to do so.

Check, yes. Mate, no.

Let's just say that a program make-over / relaunch takes longer than a few months. Hey - I consider the 60-day extension of the PB program as it is currently run a great thing. I also am happy to see that my earlier posts have created such an intrigue.

I admit - my predictions as written were a bit finite. And I can understand why a seeming delay in the future PB Armageddon might breed a little suspicion or mistrust. But like I've said earlier, I can only report what I have been privy to...

In time, awpeters - you too, shall believe. In time.
And as far as me offering suggestions to my "sources" - I'm afraid I am not in a position to do that... for I am but a pawn among queens and rooks in a corporate world where real influence is only leveraged by corporate kings in their comfy castles.

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Jun 30, 2011 at 11:30 pm
Old Jul 1, 2011, 12:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Well..

that's quite the statement saying no more points break after this month if it isn't true..
Old Jul 1, 2011, 4:05 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Well..

that's quite the statement saying no more points break after this month if it isn't true..
Well it's also quite a statement to say the sky is falling down on us ...which does reflect how seriously the poster wanted his message to be taken...

Are we going to have the "no more point breaks after this list" discussion every 3 month now?
Old Jul 1, 2011, 4:10 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Insider?
Do you mean this guy?

Or this guy?
THat's hilarious, how could I overlook these posts

Something more constructive: Gary from View from the Wing reports the continuation of PointBreaks, confirmed by PC execs.
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...thanks-to-you/
Old Jul 1, 2011, 4:28 am

Actually, I'm the insider. I'm inside a IHG hotel right now.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 5:43 am
Suspended

Pointbreaks will certainly have some changes in near future. The question is when and how. Will it become the US version of last minute weekend redemption discount? Will it become a rubbish can for unwanted properties? Will it be elimated?

It is not the decision of ours. So we can only wait and see.

If it still exist we should be happy. If it is gone we look for alternatives.

Be happy for what we have got and enjoyed.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:02 am
Suspended

Very interesting found

Some one here may found my previouse post about 10,000 reward points elimated speculation, which draws critisim.

I post here is to make a record:

The latest Ambassador Welcome Pack (refe: AXXMGP) has removed the table of points required for a free night, but added:

PointBreaks Reward Nights: If your plans are flexible, you can use 50% fewer points for free stays at select hotels.

This is very interesting reading. Because they no longer use the wording of 5,000 points per night. The 50% few points as key words may provide the future direction of pointbreaks: the spread of North America style 50% off redemption.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
Some one here may found my previouse post about 10,000 reward points elimated speculation, which draws critisim.

I post here is to make a record:

The latest Ambassador Welcome Pack (refe: AXXMGP) has removed the table of points required for a free night, but added:

PointBreaks Reward Nights: If your plans are flexible, you can use 50% fewer points for free stays at select hotels.

This is very interesting reading. Because they no longer use the wording of 5,000 points per night. The 50% few points as key words may provide the future direction of pointbreaks: the spread of North America style 50% off redemption.

here we go again
Another theory based on what it doesn't say in the welcome pack
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16270564-post4017.html

besides what you are referring to was mentioned in April already, here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...l#post16270606
AFAIC whoever did the brochure has confused Last Minute Rewards and PB

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Jul 1, 2011 at 7:53 am
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
AFAIC whoever did the broschure has confused Last Minute Rewards and PB
Thank you for your work-out of today...lol

Well, I am the very few taking brochure seriousely. If the company did not, it is their problem...The management may have to be blamed if any false information was given.

If only I can tell when this brochure was written (i.e. June 2011 or July 2011, it was certainly different from the one I got in December and January).
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Mora
Well it's also quite a statement to say the sky is falling down on us ...which does reflect how seriously the poster wanted his message to be taken...
Not particularly seriously

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.