Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2009, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nfg05
https://www.alaskaair.com/www2/ssl/m...B-0E4BC8F2DEE9

Only thing I can find is 500 miles upon signup for AS mileage program, not sure what everyone referencing 3000 AS miles in this thread is talking about.
Signups with a Canadian address apparently get an extra 2500 miles.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Thanks to both of you!
Old Aug 30, 2009, 2:20 am

registered after the transaction

I transferred at points.com on Aug. 20th but didnt register for the promotion until Aug. 30th. Will it still count?

Lots of good ideas on this thread. Thanks everyone.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Signups with a Canadian address apparently get an extra 2500 miles.
Not apparently - they do!
Old Aug 30, 2009, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
Not apparently - they do!
I say apparently because a) I have no first-hand experience; and b) it isn't documented on the AS website. In other words, it may vanish at any time.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
I am registered to receive miles instead of points for Priority Club hotel stays. I don't see how this should affect my participation in this promotion, but does anybody see any reason why I wouldn't get my 10,000 bonus points for doing 4 partner activities? I had no problem registering for the promotion, if it means anything.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by lhs323
I am registered to receive miles instead of points for Priority Club hotel stays. I don't see how this should affect my participation in this promotion, but does anybody see any reason why I wouldn't get my 10,000 bonus points for doing 4 partner activities? I had no problem registering for the promotion, if it means anything.
I think you should be fine getting the points.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by HangingOver
I transferred at points.com on Aug. 20th but didnt register for the promotion until Aug. 30th. Will it still count?

Lots of good ideas on this thread. Thanks everyone.
As I've said previously, I'm strongly of the opinion that as long as you register by the evening of Oct 31st, in January the system will check for partner transactions on any date during the period. It's the earn-as-you-go promotions that require prior registration.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
For those of you who have checked and are nervous that your restaurant.com date shows as 10/9/09, don't fret. I made a different purchase from the PC shopping mall (batteries.com) and my purchase date is also showing up as 10/9. Order date was 8/25 and I am certain there will be no problems.

I was hoping purchases from Office Max could be picked up at the store (like Office Depot) to avoid S&H fee if <$50 but no such luck. So $50 of HP printer toner is on its way for me.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 4:59 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I just went to points.com & was pleasantly surprised to find that transfers out of Greenpoints are now available after being stopped in ~Jan. 2008! So I've just used my measly 2000 Greenpoints to get a PC partner & also top off Aeroplan & Wyndham. Next time I shop for groceries I will use those Greenpoints to get a hit in USAir's Grand Slam promo !
Old Aug 30, 2009, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by nfg05
https://www.alaskaair.com/www2/ssl/m...B-0E4BC8F2DEE9

Only thing I can find is 500 miles upon signup for AS mileage program, not sure what everyone referencing 3000 AS miles in this thread is talking about.
Out of curiosity, what is the exchange rate from AS miles to PC points? I've never bothered to sign up for AS since I live in Eastern Cda. Is it worth the bother? If it's like all the other points.com swaps, 3000 miles probably translates to 300 points? I can't look it up on the website since I don't have an AS account.

(I've already transferred a few orphan US Air miles into PC points, so don't need the transaction.)
Old Aug 30, 2009, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

3 AS miles to 1 PC pt.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Brendan
I just went to points.com & was pleasantly surprised to find that transfers out of Greenpoints are now available after being stopped in ~Jan. 2008! So I've just used my measly 2000 Greenpoints to get a PC partner & also top off Aeroplan & Wyndham. Next time I shop for groceries I will use those Greenpoints to get a hit in USAir's Grand Slam promo !
Funny you should mention Greenpoints. I am in an area where 2 supermarkets participate in Greenpoints and I was eyeing the program as an easy replacement for Hotspex for those trivial transfers into Delta, now the PC promotion and I guess for those who want US air transfers.

I did not know that transfers had ever stopped for this program.

In any event, if one plans to travel to Manhattan and a limited number of other stores around NYC, one can sign up for a supermarket club card for D'agostino's. This will award 10 greenpoints per every $1 charged.

10 Greenpoints = 1 PC point

28 Greenpoints = 1 Delta or US Air mile

So go buy yourself a soda for the PC point or a carton of OJ for your FF miles.

Also, if you intend to be in the burbs of NYC, there are some D'ags there, but there is also another supermarket that has a like agreement with Greenpoints. It is called Foodtown.

http://www.greenpoints.com/partner/prt_grocery.asp

Good Luck!
Old Aug 31, 2009, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Tiki
They pulled the plug a couple days early--see the thread in S.P.A.M.

I used Paypal.

OK we are done, here is what we did.

ME
1. Points.com-posted
2. E-Rewards-posted
3. Purchased 1000 points-posted
4. Shopping Mall-pending

HUSBAND
1. Points.com-posted
2. Purchased 1000 points-posted
3. Office Max-pending (got friend to use his USA Visa card)-pending
4. Shopping Mall-restaurant.com (used my Paypal)-pending

Now we have to do a mattress run to trigger my referral bonus to refer my husband and all the "welcome" bonuses!

How did the 1,000 point purchase appear??

I purchased 1000 a few days ago and now see 1,000 listed as points.com and cannot imagine any explanation other than the purchase appearing as points.com.
If so, this might end up counting as one partner with my points.com transfer also made the other day.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Is anyone showing pending transactions from restaurant.com that were done after 25 Aug? I am trying to figure out if they do a weekly sweep of all transactions. So far, the one I did on 27 Aug (might have been 26 Aug in the USA) still hasn't posted to the Pending screen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.