Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Shanghai Puxi (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:32 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Modo
Apologies I misread the Thread as being a merged thread for all IC in Shanghai.

Yes I meant the Expo hotel.

Thanks for the UG path info. An UG from the Deluxe at 828 Rmb is competitive with the "Wood" properties over this period

Re earlier question why this hotel. We are going to a concert at the nearby Mercedes Benz Arena on Jan 2 - and partner has got a fractured foot!! So answer is - proximity.
I would email them in advance to confirm.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:43 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
big changes there Chinatrvl, James the previous Area GM has moved on to Dubai, Uli, the Sales and Marketing Director has moved to Sheraton, big culture shift.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
big changes there Chinatrvl, James the previous Area GM has moved on to Dubai, Uli, the Sales and Marketing Director has moved to Sheraton, big culture shift.
I know, I briefly met some of the new management. Let‘s see how it changes in the next months. The director of rooms is still the same, so I presume RA treatment will not change much.
...I‘’ll be back in Jan.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 6:51 am

I know, I briefly met some of the new management. Let‘s see how it changes in the next months. The director of rooms is still the same, so I presume RA treatment will not change much.
...I‘’ll be back in Jan.
yes Manish is still there, but i'm hearing the change in management hasn't been a good one, have you had any stays at the other PVG IC's recently?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
what about the Ruijin or Pudong in terms of quality and service, trying to get a handle on the best IC currently
Ruijin is really nice, the main building where reception is, is really wonderful. The tall new building, is not bad, very spacious, but not feel as good as the main block.

It seems Ruijin always have room shortage, especially when I have to change schedule in short notice. They always been occupied by wedding parties, and other commercial events. Really popular with rich domestic visitors.

Haven't been to Pudong or Expo for a while now, split my stays in Marriott now.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by MP (Miles+Points)
Ruijin is really nice, the main building where reception is, is really wonderful. The tall new building, is not bad, very spacious, but not feel as good as the main block.

It seems Ruijin always have room shortage, especially when I have to change schedule in short notice. They always been occupied by wedding parties, and other commercial events. Really popular with rich domestic visitors.

Haven't been to Pudong or Expo for a while now, split my stays in Marriott now.
thanks, i've read some pretty positive reports about the Ruijin, what about the Puxi, have you heard anything since the change back to IC management? our last stay was prior to the changeover
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
I did and they confirmed Deluxe to Club for RA.

My alternative is The Hongta (Starwood) where the current MasterCard 3 nights for price of 2 still makes it cheaper by some margin on the UG Club room at The IC.

I don't often stay in Pudong - has anyone any view on the pros and cons of these 2 properties. The IC seems a bit isolated compared to The Hongta.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by Modo
I did and they confirmed Deluxe to Club for RA.

My alternative is The Hongta (Starwood) where the current MasterCard 3 nights for price of 2 still makes it cheaper by some margin on the UG Club room at The IC.

I don't often stay in Pudong - has anyone any view on the pros and cons of these 2 properties. The IC seems a bit isolated compared to The Hongta.
The IC is a very much better hotel than the Hongta; the location for your stay seems better, too. Taxis to Puxi are easier and quicker from the IC; furthermore there's the ferry in walking distance.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
The IC is a very much better hotel than the Hongta; the location for your stay seems better, too. Taxis to Puxi are easier and quicker from the IC; furthermore there's the ferry in walking distance.
Thanks I appreciate your advice. The Ferry option is interesting and does not show up easily searching elsewhere. distance from the subway concerns though - I see they advertise a shuttle but I cant see the frequency or timings.

Tripadvisor may have its faults but on a large poll of responses which rules out.... it certainly shows this hotel to be superior to The Hongta - and anyway Starwood are an infuriating disorganised inconsistent mess in China currently. (personal opinion based on wasting too much time on SPG and their apps only to get bored and as a result booking elsewhere because I know I'm being scammed.)
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:15 am

The shuttle at the Expo runs only in the mornings to the financial district (Lujiazui area), which is less than 10 mins by taxi.
The ferry takes you to Puxi and is less than 100 meteres, however, on the Puxi side, you need to walk around 20 mins to get to the Yuyuan area.

The hotel's Chinese restaurant is one of my favorites in Shanghai.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I just had a stay for one night at IC Puxi. I booked cheapest and was upgraded to a club room. I've stayed there one night before, about 3 months ago in a "better view" room or whatever it was called. Although I've only seen 2 rooms, but those rooms have been fantastic. However, I did complain last time about two things:

1. Room service was awful. I couldn't eat the pizza because it tasted so weird and the lasagna was awful too.
2. They charged 25RMB per nespresso you took in the room.

So, they contacted me and were very sincere and open. I got a complimentary buffet in Ecco and when I checked the Nespresso hold, it now was a sign saying it was complimentary.

The club lounge is pretty nice i think. No champagne though.

Anyways, I really liked how they treated my complaints so I will most likely stay there again. It's a bit way off for me, but then again, I like changing the scenery once in a while.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
Return to IC Puxi

thanks, i've read some pretty positive reports about the Ruijin, what about the Puxi, have you heard anything since the change back to IC management? our last stay was prior to the changeover
Finally made my return to IC Puxi last week, everything seem smooth and back to old days. All staff are new, more experienced staff are all came from other hotel chain. Friendly, helpful as usual, especially in the club block.

Upgrade is getting harder, only one category upgrade for Amb. So I booked one category below club, and called before arrival, and was in club suite straight away.

Getting a cab is still a big problem at the club block during peak hour, but that become common now in Shanghai.

Breakfast and happy hour in Club Lounge are good standard.

Back to my favourite list again...
Old Jul 6, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
How likely am I to get upgraded as an IHG Platinum at this property? Booked the club floor, hoping for a suite...
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Planning a trip to Shanghai. Want to stay at IC Puxi. Any experience of upgrade for Ambassador? How's the club lounge? Worth to get a club room? Or will Ambassador get an upgrade to club room?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: IHG Amb, MR Plat, FB Silver
Would like to ask the same question, does this (or any other ICs in Shanghai) go the extra mile and give Ambassadors club access even when booking the most basic room?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.