Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Shanghai Puxi (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Do you remember to which room/suite you were upgraded to? The category is deluxe/premiere/club/exec suite/deluxe suite.
I think Premiere suite, it was room 2909...
Old Sep 22, 2011, 1:01 pm

Reward nights?

Has anyone redeemed a reward night here recently? I can't find ANY availability (experimenting with multiple dates) on the IC website. All of the other Shanghai properties have ample availability.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:34 am
KRS

4-night PointBreaks stay coming up here next week; hotel appears to be fully booked on Thursday and Friday.

The website shows "Complimentary Breakfast" and "Free Breakfast", however under Rooms>Compare Features it is only checked for Suites and Deluxe. Is is simply a case of an erroneous website or can I hope for free breakfast?

Also curious about any recent Ambassador and/or reward night upgrades.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by KRS
4-night PointBreaks stay coming up here next week; hotel appears to be fully booked on Thursday and Friday.

The website shows "Complimentary Breakfast" and "Free Breakfast", however under Rooms>Compare Features it is only checked for Suites and Deluxe. Is is simply a case of an erroneous website or can I hope for free breakfast?

take a screen shot and show them if in the event they put it on your bill.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by KRS

i can't see points break for the Puxi, i'd love that as currently in middle of 6.5 month stay, are you referring to the weekend reduced points v the 5k points break
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i can't see points break for the Puxi, i'd love that as currently in middle of 6.5 month stay, are you referring to the weekend reduced points v the 5k points break
He was referring to 5k PB.

It was gone a few days like 3 days once the list was updated.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:43 pm

pity, i would have loved that
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by KRS

Seems to be a website glitch as many properties now show that. Only what is in your room/rate description during your booking is binding - you won't have any luck with a website print.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Check the IC's that respect RA benefits on award stays. I didn't get any UG, and no free internet or club access on an award stay here.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:31 pm
KRS

Checked in here yesterday; as this is an (Pointbreak) award stay only fresh fruit in the room was offered (no other Ambassador amenities, as noted earlier in this thread). Club upgrade was offered (and accepted) at CNY400+ which gave us a nice Club room in the Club building (also described earlier in this thread), free Internet, and of course access to the lounge with breakfast, afternoon tea and happy hour. Unfortunately no Champagne or other sparkling wines available for happy hour.

There is a Starbucks on the ground floor with free wifi, but as far as I can tell you need a Chinese mobile phone number to get access.

Last edited by KRS; Feb 21, 2012 at 9:30 am
Old Aug 27, 2012, 5:02 am

Programs: IC RA; HH Diamond, M&M SEN
IC Puxi leaving IHG end August

I stay 4 times a year at this property. I have ask to confirmed the RA upgrade I always get for my september trip and below their answer :

Dear Mr.XXXX,

Greetings from reservations of InterContinental Shanghai Puxi!

Now. we also don’t know which brand we will belong to. And sorry to tell you that I’m afraid we will can’t free upgrade to club room for you, but we will set down some new benefits for these menberships at 1st september. So may be you can confirm with us about this question after 1st september.

I guess I will be back at Hilton after 3 years break.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 5:41 am

not suprised at all, a lot of staff have left, the new manager has a terrible reputation, you can always stay at Pudong or Expo IC's
Old Aug 27, 2012, 9:55 am

Eventually confirmed. Let's hope for a new one in Puxi soon.

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
not suprised at all, a lot of staff have left, the new manager has a terrible reputation, you can always stay at Pudong or Expo IC's
Indeed.

Originally Posted by NicolasCH
[...]

I guess I will be back at Hilton after 3 years break.
That's an awkward alternative for IC Puxi - really that old shed on Yan'an Rd?

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Aug 27, 2012 at 10:35 am
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: IC RA; HH Diamond, M&M SEN
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Eventually confirmed. Let's hope for a new one in Puxi soon.

Indeed.

That's an awkward alternative for IC Puxi - really that old shed on Yan'an Rd?
Well my company has corporate rates with Intercontinental or Hilton and our office is not far from Nanjing Xi lu, so I rather go to Hiton (where I am diamond) than go to IC pudong and be stuck in the traffic every morning and evening. If I would go to shanghai for holidays and choose my hotel freely I agree with you Hilton would not be my first choice but until IHG opens a new IC in Puxi it will have to be hilton
Old Aug 27, 2012, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by NicolasCH
Well my company has corporate rates with Intercontinental or Hilton and our office is not far from Nanjing Xi lu, so I rather go to Hiton (where I am diamond) than go to IC pudong and be stuck in the traffic every morning and evening. If I would go to shanghai for holidays and choose my hotel freely I agree with you Hilton would not be my first choice but until IHG opens a new IC in Puxi it will have to be hilton
For a short time, I commuted from IC Pudong and also from the CP Shanghai (which is a little farther out than the Hilton) to Nanjing Xi Lu (Tomorrow Square). Going via Renmin or Fuxing Lu Tunnel from the IC was twice as fast in the morning than going from the CP.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Aug 28, 2012 at 2:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.