Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Shanghai Puxi (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Thank you very much for the review! I look forward to my stay in April.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Lifetime P, IC RA, Hyatt D
Got upgraded to a huge suite with a big bathroom. Lots of high-tech gadgets in the room.

Yes, they have a separate building for club guests (Wow). The only downside is that the breakfast at the main building is better and you have to walk to the other building if you want to have breakfast.

This is probably the nicest IC in Shanghai in terms of hardware, for now. Let's wait and see how the IC Expo turns out.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by TravellerOnline

Yes, they have a separate building for club guests (Wow). The only downside is that the breakfast at the main building is better and you have to walk to the other building if you want to have breakfast.
RA gets comp breakfast or only club guests?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by TravellerOnline
Got upgraded to a huge suite with a big bathroom. Lots of high-tech gadgets in the room.

This is probably the nicest IC in Shanghai in terms of hardware, for now. Let's wait and see how the IC Expo turns out.
Yes, can you please clarify. As an RA did you get Club access and a room in the Club building?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 11:23 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Yes, can you please clarify. As an RA did you get Club access and a room in the Club building?
I was there on 1st of March. Though I booked the lowest room, my room was upgraded to the room on the club tower.

I guess that the standard room on the club tower is a huge suite, and of course, my room was it.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:09 am

Programs: UA Plat
Just stayed here for the second time for a few days. Looks like everything is up and running more or less since my November stay.

I booked a Premier room and got upgraded to the Club room in the Club Tower, same as my first time. Had breakfast at the lounge, which has two buffet stations. There were 3 tables around 9AM when I went. Didn't try the breakfast in the main wing, which is more extensive and has more Chinese dishes.

The Club room is spacious and as Gold Ambassador, given a fruit plate and a bottle of local wine. They also give you a red plasticky trinket as a gift. Internet was free also.

I have tried the Japanese restaurant and agreed that it's pricey. There are so many good restaurants in SH that I suggests going out of the hotel.

Overall, I would not hesitate to stay here again due to the value for money. The location is good and a short cab ride from many places in Puxi.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:45 am

Just check-in at the Intercontinental Puxi.

Very bad impression from the start. No offer to help with my bags, but was in a hurry to get me out of the taxi cab so someone else can get in it.

I was told non of the RA benefits apply on points stays. Anyone else experience the same?

Will have a better look at the rest of the property tomorrow.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 2:17 am

Does anyone have a contact for this hotel?
I was trying to organize airport transportation and a couple of specific needs for a future stay but writing to general email address resulted in no response after a week...

Thank you
maclover
Old Jul 5, 2010, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by maclover
Does anyone have a contact for this hotel?
I was trying to organize airport transportation and a couple of specific needs for a future stay but writing to general email address resulted in no response after a week...

Thank you
maclover
concierge dont tend to reply emails at all. i did get one regards to the airport transport. it's RMB600 for the cheapest one way ride. it's half price or 1/3 if you jump into a taxi. (have the hotel name and address written in chinese)

i do have the jpg file of a list of the car types i can PM you.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 8:33 am

Had a Club Room with F&F rate.

Great hardware: room is huge in size and I really loved the design, the big sofa and the round bath tub. Best room we had in Shanghai.

Location: ok, there are better locations, but subway is very near. Other places we tried (such as Intercontinenal Shanghai Expo or Park Hyatt) weren't nearly as convenient.

Service: Not good. Several issues, quasi nonexistent concierge, lack of problem management training. It gets even worse at the Intercontinental Expo.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
stayed there twice so far - rooms are spectacular but as previous posters have mentioned service is really subpar and has even declined since my first post - I will consider other hotels on my upcoming stays in Shanghai

As an example of the subpar service - we approached the concierge to ask him about the shuttle to the expo and his first response was why we didn't make reservation? The bus left 10 minutes later more than half empty - I felt like in a hostel
Old Sep 27, 2010, 4:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Anyone has their email?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 6:11 am

I wonder if this hotel would upgrade a PC Plat (no Ambassador status)? Alternatively has anyone offered cash to upgrade to a Club room at check-in for standard room award reservation?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I wonder if this hotel would upgrade a PC Plat (no Ambassador status)? Alternatively has anyone offered cash to upgrade to a Club room at check-in for standard room award reservation?
I was upgraded as a PC Plat, but no club access (when I was not a RA or AMB).
Old Mar 23, 2011, 6:23 pm

Do you remember to which room/suite you were upgraded to? The category is deluxe/premiere/club/exec suite/deluxe suite.

Originally Posted by mnredfox
I was upgraded as a PC Plat, but no club access (when I was not a RA or AMB).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.