Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Madrid Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:57 pm

I have always booked 1 level below a club room as an Amb and gotten a 1 cat upgrade to a club room with access. I wonder if this will change.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:20 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Accor Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold, Qantas Gold, Virgin Australia Platinum
On the IC website the hotel appears to offer three types of rooms; Deluxe Double, Executive Deluxe Double and Club Double.

Are there any travellers to this hotel who know the differences between the three? Might consider upgrading to the Executive if it includes Club access. I tried emailing the hotel a few days ago but haven't received a response.

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by The-Aviator
On the IC website the hotel appears to offer three types of rooms; Deluxe Double, Executive Deluxe Double and Club Double.

Are there any travellers to this hotel who know the differences between the three? Might consider upgrading to the Executive if it includes Club access. I tried emailing the hotel a few days ago but haven't received a response.

Thanks in advance
I was told the Club Deluxe only has additional amenities when I was there, your not getting an upgraded room if memory serves. You might want to call the hotel and ask about how many square feet the room has but unless things have changed since I have been there I don't see much of a difference.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 5:27 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
any recent reports for Upgrades for RAs.

I am looking at a stay in August probably will book lowest rate on advanced rate. I'm trying to target a junior suite and above with club although don't mind paying for it, whichever works out best.
Any recommendations?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 3:48 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Deluxe, given Premier Suite with Club.

How are the rooms?
A bit dated, but very nice with a large balcony overlooking the Castellana. Two sinks in the bathroom, always a sign of luxury.

How is the exec. lounge?
Closed in the mornings for the summer I guess, so free breakfast in the restaurant which is nice. In the evenings the food offerings are relatively meager compared to some other Euro IC's. But plenty of wine, beer and Cava. And excellent service.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Some designer candy, water and fruit.

How was the minibar?
It was ok, but nothing special. The high point was a half bottle of Tempranillo which was better than the red wine in the Club. No white wine or sparkling. Snacks included, but again, nothing to write home about.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Upgrade with Club.
Great neighborhood with good restaurants on the street behind the hotel.

Bad:
Nothing

Good value for Value for € or Priority Club Points?
Yes. Summer prices are relatively low.
I had to fight for Club in Feb. so i hope this is a new direction for RA's They were very vocal about the change with NO club.......

looking for another confirming report.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 3:54 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Deluxe, given Premier Suite with Club.

How are the rooms?
A bit dated, but very nice with a large balcony overlooking the Castellana. Two sinks in the bathroom, always a sign of luxury.

How is the exec. lounge?
Closed in the mornings for the summer I guess, so free breakfast in the restaurant which is nice. In the evenings the food offerings are relatively meager compared to some other Euro IC's. But plenty of wine, beer and Cava. And excellent service.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Some designer candy, water and fruit.

How was the minibar?
It was ok, but nothing special. The high point was a half bottle of Tempranillo which was better than the red wine in the Club. No white wine or sparkling. Snacks included, but again, nothing to write home about.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Upgrade with Club.
Great neighborhood with good restaurants on the street behind the hotel.

Bad:
Nothing

Good value for Value for € or Priority Club Points?
Yes. Summer prices are relatively low.
I had to fight for Club in Feb. so i hope this is a new direction for RA's They were very vocal about the change with NO club.......

Old Jul 28, 2013, 3:56 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by shawntobi

Had to look back to find Stimpy's post to see this refers to IC MADRID. I am interested too as Madrid is on my stay horizon too.

Stimpy did you get special treatment and free lounge as a regular at Madrid (you only booked deluxe), or is it a change of heart by the Madrid GM?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Had to look back to find Stimpy's post to see this refers to IC MADRID. I am interested too as Madrid is on my stay horizon too.

Stimpy did you get special treatment and free lounge as a regular at Madrid (you only booked deluxe), or is it a change of heart by the Madrid GM?
I'm not a regular there. I hadn't been in a few years. However I am on my way there again soon and online I've been upgraded to a Club King. I think I saw other reports here from a few months ago that people are getting Club again. So I guess it was just a brief period of not giving RA's club access. And note I'm only talking about normal paid stays. Not sure about award stays or BRG, friends, etc.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm not a regular there. I hadn't been in a few years. However I am on my way there again soon and online I've been upgraded to a Club King. I think I saw other reports here from a few months ago that people are getting Club again. So I guess it was just a brief period of not giving RA's club access. And note I'm only talking about normal paid stays. Not sure about award stays or BRG, friends, etc.
Indeed was given Club again in Madrid. This time I got a weird shaped but quite large Club King in the courtyard crook of the hotel, still with a good sized balcony. Nothing else different to report from last week's stay.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Indeed was given Club again in Madrid. This time I got a weird shaped but quite large Club King in the courtyard crook of the hotel, still with a good sized balcony. Nothing else different to report from last week's stay.
As a data point also ad Club a couple of weeks ago, but I'm a semi regular there
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
Upgrade from lowest category to Premium Suite + Club at the end of July as RA on IDRCS Tariff.
I am NOT a regular guest at that hotel, but asked upfront via email for ClubAccess.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
IC Madrid - Amabassador (Regular Gold non RA) Club access

Dear Fellow FlyerTalkers..

I'm planning to stay at IC Madrid next month.. I want to stretch the greenies as much as possible so I plan to stay on Airline Miles (that's not the regular stay on points, cause in this case as far as I know the hotels receive cash payment through the travel agent that operates for the Airline)..

Since I got the Ambassador package I've always received Club Access (should I say complimentary?) when paying Best Available, Flexible or whatever rate that's NOT Club Rate nor Breakfast rate.. Don't know if it's luck, don't know if I've been spoiled (in both cases from superb concierges at IC Playa Bonita Panamá and IC at Doral Miami)... The case is I got the access without requesting it, no questions asked.. Both Concierges told me they always grant access to the Exec. Club for Ambassadors.. Which is nice.

I appreciate to know if in your experience it's possible to be granted access to the club at IC Madrid cause I only want to stay there if I can have Breakfast (in exec. Club of course and given for Ambassador status not paying for access).

Maybe it's such a common concession they make for Ambassadors at every IC
but I have not stayed in enough properties to be sure?.. Or maybe the correct answer is "don't stay if you're counting on that!" (of course in that case i'll consider a cheaper mileage property with bfast included).

I appreciate your feedback..
Old Sep 21, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
I found this..

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUs..._Victoria.html

Were the manager of that particular IC make it very clear.. I Guess I can't count in advance for great Concierges making concessions.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...d-merged.html?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:12 am

It's possible to move my post to correct Thread? (IC Madrid master thread)
I tried to do it via editing but it doesn't seem possible..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.