Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Madrid Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
As another data point, I just checked in to this property. They told me to check in at the VIP area where I was told I had been given a "double upgrade" to a Club room. What a surprise! I'm PC Gold and was just topping off my Big Win Promotion with my last IC stay. This promotion has been pretty effective in swaying me away from Marriott.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:22 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Does the Presidential Suite come with complimentary airport transfer as well or is it just the Premium Suite?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
Originally Posted by fqtv_kraven
Does the Presidential Suite come with complimentary airport transfer as well or is it just the Premium Suite?
Both.

Royal Suite as well.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Exclamation Que Sorpresa

Wanted to book one night in June and the rate was 540 Euros, wow.
Old May 9, 2014, 10:06 am
Suspended

Any update from follow members?

I searched lots of reviews (both tripadvisor and IHG) and the treatments for Platinum Ambassador seems to be very mixed. Some gets Club some doesn't.

I emailed the hotel but never got a reply. Now wonder if I should just cancel the booking (I don't like the fact the hotel will not communicate and respond to customer's emails. 4 days and counting).
Old May 25, 2014, 2:08 am

Programs: okay
I'm at the Crowne Plaza in Barça currently and we got upgraded and access to the lounge, and IC Madrid is on the itinerary but I'm a little nervous about it!

Does anyone have the email for the hotel GM so I could see about emailing them?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Fruits and local gift

Has IHG stopped providing Royal Ambassadors with a local gift & fruits on arrival?

This is my second stay at this property, nothing was prepared though I was told "all set" on checkin.

I did not receive anything for the last stay and emailed the hotel. I also contacted the hotel to remind them of the previous issue before this stay. However, a small bottle of water was served on my second day, that's it.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:55 pm

Recent experiences on this property vs. Indigo Madrid

Hi,

Anyone have any comparative experiences on this IC Madrid versus the "newer" Hotel Indigo?

Wife and I there in late June. Couple of factoids:

-First timer for me to MAD
-Will be redeeming points for four nights
-Looking for a good central location for walking to morning breakfasts etc, with easy access to train.
-Platinum member and would be willing to purchase ambassador if it would make a difference (I assume club upgrade will not happen either way)

Thoughts on either one from a location, service, quality of room perspective?

Thanks,
K
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Klarity7
Hi,

Anyone have any comparative experiences on this IC Madrid versus the "newer" Hotel Indigo?

Thanks,
K
Is there a relative price difference or is that not a concern?? IC has a decent location, short ride anywhere you want to go, near enough to the underground. IC is decent, but price would drive my decision.... never stayed at the Indigo here, but have had very good expericiences in other locations
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Klarity7
Hi,

Wife and I there in late June. Couple of factoids:

-First timer for me to MAD
-Will be redeeming points for four nights
-Looking for a good central location for walking to morning breakfasts etc, with easy access to train.
-Platinum member and would be willing to purchase ambassador if it would make a difference (I assume club upgrade will not happen either way)

Thanks,
K
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23503002-post1020.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23884259-post845.html
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by shawntobi
Is there a relative price difference or is that not a concern?? IC has a decent location, short ride anywhere you want to go, near enough to the underground. IC is decent, but price would drive my decision.... never stayed at the Indigo here, but have had very good expericiences in other locations

Thanks. Will use points...the IC is 10K more more per night but let's call it equal in preference for location, and service (Plat benefits, etc).
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by shawntobi
The price for both IC or Indigo are quite similar.

Location of Indigo is very central (can be noisy), but rooms are tiny with uninspired design.

IC is a classic elegant hotel (with somewhat dated design), with location in the very elegant part of the city (luxury boutiques and restaurants at 10 minutes walk). Club lounge with breakfast free for RAs.

Both of them are very close to metro stations
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:18 pm

^

Great reviews, thanks for pointing me there. Appreciate the video as well.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
I just booked four nights at the IC Madrid using Kaligo (earning 7700 AA miles) for $169 a night plus taxes ($775ai). Deluxe room with breakfast. Not sure I'll get an upgrade as an Ambassador using this third party site, but wondering...
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:58 am

MAD airport to IC Madrid?

Does anyone know how to get from MAD airport to IC Madrid by public transport? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.