Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Madrid Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by shawntobi
I just checked out of the IC Madrid yesterday. Couple of comments.... Booked a Deluxe room and was upgraded to a Club room as an RA. The rooms are fine, nothing special and Mini bar is fine.

Note: I was told that RA's were NO LONGER receiving Club at this location! I spoke to the person directly in the club lounge and she advised that they had been giving this benefit "incorrectly" in the past. They were falling in-line with the IC London ect to have consistency across the brand. Well, this isn’t the consistency that I would look for; she mentioned that they now discounted the rate to 55Euro per night to RA's. I explained that most IC's in Asia, as well as in Europe do provide the benefit!! I wouldn’t have stayed here unless Club was included as a benefit. Lots well-priced options this time of year. (I will do a post under RA later)

This was my first stay at the IC Madrid and was just going off what other have reported regarding club access. I advised that my business partners had stayed here in the past and always received the club benefits. After a pretty long discussion, she advised that since it was a single night she would waive it as a goodwill gesture. Hope my experience was an out of the ordinary but I am sure from the conversation it is a change in benefits.

Decent stay overall, just don’t like fighting for benefits. A Hilton downtown would make my options better...

Once again, my stay was fine....but without club benefits I wont be back.
Sounds like you talked to Mrs. Gari Manager of Club no service at the hotel, I remembered her name because I was going to write IC about how rude she was to the chap in the club but as usual I was to busy to pen it. Funny thing is double upgrade puts you in a suite right ? so you paid for the upgrade in theory by not booking a standard room. This is a hotel that does not understand customer service and the effect on repeat business. I have dissuaded plenty of people from booking here and will continue to do so after reading your email. Funny thing is if you stay at the two hotels in Murcia a few hours out wow they have customer service down. I really enjoyed my time Murcia and Cartegna, the service, town and people all out of this world experience.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:43 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by the_commish3
Sounds like you talked to Mrs. Gari Manager of Club no service at the hotel, I remembered her name because I was going to write IC about how rude she was to the chap in the club but as usual I was to busy to pen it. Funny thing is double upgrade puts you in a suite right ? so you paid for the upgrade in theory by not booking a standard room. This is a hotel that does not understand customer service and the effect on repeat business. I have dissuaded plenty of people from booking here and will continue to do so after reading your email. Funny thing is if you stay at the two hotels in Murcia a few hours out wow they have customer service down. I really enjoyed my time Murcia and Cartegna, the service, town and people all out of this world experience.
What hotel is that? i'm looking of staying outside Madrid for one day...
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:47 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by shawntobi
[/B]

I'll be staying in a Club room but most probably upgraded to a suite, does this mean I won't have access to the Lounge?
If you pay for Club, then of course you get club benifits plus your 1 level upgrade as an Ambassador.

I probably shouldnt have confused this by posting RA comments here......[/QUOTE]

That's ok...I got upgraded to a club room a few times in London but without club access so the 2nd CP I complained to them and they gave me access.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by boekel
well, if an Amb receives in terms of upgrade the same benefits as a RA, why should he do the 60+ nights?
RA gets double upgrade when AMB only gets 1. RA receives all drinks in Minibar where AMB doesn't. There the only 2 main benefits between them.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Rusell
RA gets double upgrade when AMB only gets 1. RA receives all drinks in Minibar where AMB doesn't. There the only 2 main benefits between them.
I would say that the RA guaranteed 8am check in is a pretty useful benefit sometimes.

(posting from the Club at Le Grand hotel, still a friend to RA's)
Old Feb 18, 2013, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I would say that the RA guaranteed 8am check in is a pretty useful benefit sometimes.

(posting from the Club at Le Grand hotel, still a friend to RA's)
It is but I thought AMB get that aswell...
Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
It is but I thought AMB get that aswell...
No, it is an RA only benefit..... 8am checkin. Still Club is at the top of my list for IC's and if not offered I revert to Hilton when in London.

And yes, agree with Stimpy's comements this is one of the best benifits going. I used a 9am for Madrid..... But I have noticed that other chains are accomidating more. I have had good luck with HH recently

Ambassador's do get some late checkout benefit though...
Old Feb 18, 2013, 4:11 pm

What hotel is that? i'm looking of staying outside Madrid for one day...
Two Intercons A two or three hour train ride out, make sure you give yourself enough time to explore Cartegna. The service was night and day better than the IC Madrid

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...tg/hoteldetail

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...hb/hoteldetail
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two Intercons A two or three hour train ride out, make sure you give yourself enough time to explore Cartegna. The service was night and day better than the IC Madrid
FYI I like those Murcia IC's too, but realize that if you go out of season they drop a lot of the staff. And you pretty much need a car in that area. And I too like Cartagena, any time of year.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:02 am

They look nice

how long do I need to explore there, I only have 1 extra day in between Barcelona and Madrid. Is it better to fly or catch a train there.

Also how long does it take to get to Granada and Sevilla from there, is it worth going there.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:53 am

Which hotel is better or closer to the city
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should check here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...re-murcia.html and here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...lf-resort.html for more details.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
FYI I like those Murcia IC's too, but realize that if you go out of season they drop a lot of the staff.
+1

I was not exactly impressed by quality of service at both ICs in Murcia.
And always received warm welcome at IC Madrid.
I do hope it will be the same during my next stay (In 4 weeks).
Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:44 pm

FYI I like those Murcia IC's too, but realize that if you go out of season they drop a lot of the staff. And you pretty much need a car in that area. And I too like Cartagena, any time of year.
I would recommend a car, yes they do drop staff during quiet season. I found them still very responsive and so friendly compared to Madrid. They helped us plan two really awesome days exploring the area. Teh staff at the restaurant was great & they also gave us tips. I was upgraded to a large two room suite with breath taking views. I gave Madrid IC two chances and the feedback on this forum reaffirms what i saw with my own eyes they bicker with Royal Ambassadors. Luxury hotels shouldn't really bicker with any customer let alone a top tier clients. I plan on taking my business to the Westin Palace the next trip.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:41 am

Can you get to Ibiza from Cartegna?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.