Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Madrid Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by fqtv_kraven
I made a BRG for the Junior Suite some weeks ago. I wonder, is Club Access included in any rate there?
As detailed in the room description, club access is included in Deluxe Junior Suite rate:

SUITE WITH SPACIOUS SITTING AREA.
EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO CLUB LOUNGE SAME IN ROOM SERVICES AS CLUB ROOM
CITY VIEW AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST AND SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
SEPARATE DVD 2 TVS SEPARATE
BATH AND SHOWER BATHROBE
1 ROLLAWAY BED AVAILABLE AT SUPPLEMENT
Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:42 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Perfect, saves the money for dinner Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
How long do I have to walk from the Hotel to the Nuevos Ministerios Cercanias station? There is no Metro so early in the morning
Nuevos Ministerios is 15 minutes walk from IC Madrid (1,3 km).
There is a night bus from 1am to 5.45am: L10 line (Fuencarral - Cuatro vientos), with a bus every 15 minutes.

Remember also that taxis are very cheap in Madrid (and there is a taxi station just next to the hotel).
Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perfect, saves the money for dinner Thanks!
I would not say so, as evening selection at IC Madrid is quite poor (some canapés and drinks). Breakfast is good.

A good occasion to taste Madrid cuisine and nightlife!
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
I would not say so, as evening selection at IC Madrid is quite poor (some canapés and drinks). Breakfast is good.

A good occasion to taste Madrid cuisine and nightlife!
Seconded. Without even daring to venture into the murky argument of the strange juxtaposition of wishing to save money whilst staying in such an expensive choice of hotel, the canapes will not make a satisfying dinner. They're perfectly pleasant canapes but that is all they are.

Within 20 minutes on the Metro you can visit Madrid itself, and have a very enjoyable evening
Old Jan 26, 2013, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
Seconded. Without even daring to venture into the murky argument of the strange juxtaposition of wishing to save money whilst staying in such an expensive choice of hotel, the canapes will not make a satisfying dinner. They're perfectly pleasant canapes but that is all they are.
Have you skipped the part of my posting stating this is a BRG stay? If I'm going to eat, let's say 20-30 of these canapes it is also very filling for me. So why should I spend money on other food and booze while I can get some for free?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 2:51 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Have you skipped the part of my posting stating this is a BRG stay? If I'm going to eat, let's say 20-30 of these canapes it is also very filling for me. So why should I spend money on other food and booze while I can get some for free?
You won't fill up on the Madrid canapés, they are tiny little nothings and are only put out a few at a time.

There is a "paid for" food menu in the lounge, which we availed off the last time we visited. I found it a good compromise in that it wasn't exorbitantly priced, and you had the bonus of the free wine/ drinks to accompany it.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by tangey
You won't fill up on the Madrid canapés, they are tiny little nothings and are only put out a few at a time.
Challenge accepted! I even managed to fill my stomach in one of these crappy US airport lounges once.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Challenge accepted! I even managed to fill my stomach in one of these crappy US airport lounges once.
The personnel on the desk in the lounge understand, they really do, and it's a very civilised place. If you find the cupboard bare or less than inspiring, then mention it at the desk and they'll organise a refill.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless you want to have dinner early (read before 10pm), it sounds like a crime to me not to enjoy Madrid nightlife.
There are excellent restaurants at less than 15 minutes walk from the hotel.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Nuevos Ministerios is 15 minutes walk from IC Madrid (1,3 km).
There is a night bus from 1am to 5.45am: L10 line (Fuencarral - Cuatro vientos), with a bus every 15 minutes.

Remember also that taxis are very cheap in Madrid (and there is a taxi station just next to the hotel).
I am staying at the IC Madrid in August, how far is it away from all the sight seeing and the main part of town.

Is it better to go out to see the night life atmospere or to stay in the club lounge.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Rusell
I am staying at the IC Madrid in August, how far is it away from all the sight seeing and the main part of town.

Is it better to go out to see the night life atmospere or to stay in the club lounge.
Nightlife in Madrid doesnt start until 11pm....

I have yet to stay at an IC club lounge that qualifies as nightlife..... unless watching someone eat all the apps and guzzle down bottles of wine is nightlife.(PS, i have been known to do the latter).

Use the lounge to whet your whistle, then move out to the city.....always the case. I will be here in 2 weeks.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 8:45 pm

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by shawntobi
Nightlife in Madrid doesnt start until 11pm....

I have yet to stay at an IC club lounge that qualifies as nightlife..... unless watching someone eat all the apps and guzzle down bottles of wine is nightlife.(PS, i have been known to do the latter).

Use the lounge to whet your whistle, then move out to the city.....always the case. I will be here in 2 weeks.
I was just asking weather its worth going out to the nightlife after the club lounge or just stay in the hotel.

Usually if I have club lounge access, I sometimes miss out on the evening drinks as I am already out but I have been known to guzzle down drinks when I do make it.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:32 pm

Well, it was not easy, but after 2-3 refills I managed to fill my stomach completely. Love the colored potatoes chips though.
Could someone please tell them that only 4 cold beers at a time is insufficient?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Rusell

I stayed at this hotel on two occasions, I had a horrible experience the first time. They have a nice club lounge in my opinion, they make you check in there if your an RA. They treat the Club as a profit center and I saw them bicker with customers. Maybe its just me but it takes away from the experience. One guy was an RA with two rooms and they gave one room access and denied access to the other with no upgrade. The guy was trying to explain that if his two other friends didn't have club access it was worthless to him and he wanted his room upgrade in lieu of this. I've never seen this at any other IC hotels, in Toronto,Paris, Atlanta, etc. they always let multiple parties, family's, coworkers work in a room. Its a club room and its nice, the sad part was the hotel wasn't really busy. This guy is also an RA the way they talked to the guy you would think he had no status, it was sad. I returned about a year later and had a much better expereince I was there for work. I didn't see them bicker with people the way did the prior year but they did upgrade me to Suite and give me club access for my stay.

To Answer your question, The hotel is a mile or two if memory serves from the Prado which is where i would of preferred to stay. I remember seeing a W or Westin in that area. I told myself I'd book that hotel on a return trip. Its a pleasant walk, and the area is great with nice restaurants. I remember this sandwich and coffee place that was awesome next to the hotel. I probably paid 3 or 4E and I got a sandwich, soda, and chips. It was a about a block away, loved it. Found some nice area restaurants exploring but its in the business side similar to a WallStreet in NYC except with a little more life on the weekends before 7pm or so.

Last edited by the_commish3; Feb 10, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.