Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion.

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2017/registration
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2Q 2017 (15th MAY to 31st AUG)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by puchong
Mess up the bed / bathroom somewhat or store a bag / used clothes there - just to give the appearance of it being occupied. Repeat until he comes.
Or just put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I would assume paying for breakfast at booking is part of the room (rate), not F & B.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I would assume paying for breakfast at booking is part of the room (rate), not F & B.
I had listed the HIX breakfast multiple times as F&B
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
My accelerate points are slowly being credited. Already made my 5 of 6 offers worth 57,000 points. All that is left is the final "stay 4 brands for 22,000 points". Have 3 already. Not sure if its worth a mattress run to get the last brand for those points. Would likely have to be HI and I really dislike HIs in general. I guess it could be Intercontinental which I like, but that's an expensive mattress run
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Hi, anybody know a regular email address to query points for this, I keep going around in circles trying to get to live chat on my iPhone.

I am Spire ambassador, do IHG have an equivalent of Hilton's Diamond desk?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Call them - way faster than playing with chats or emails.
(Call the ambassador line)
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:58 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Done

Was waiting to see if "Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card" would post, as the stay was the 1st day of the promo and was booked 8 days prior to that (nonrefundable rate), May 7. It ticked off for this task, thankfully. So the literal T&C of "purchase between May 15 2017 . . . " didn't apply in my case. I did notice on my statement the charge posted May 15 so that may have worked in my favor.

Last edited by Steph58; Jun 23, 2017 at 1:44 am Reason: Corrected date
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
I had the following offer:

Earn 3,600 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

When I emailed I got shot down b/c my booking was before the promotion start date...

Not a big deal, lesson learned, but wow, these promotions are really carefully crafted with specific wording. Will be careful next time I guess. I read it in my head as "complete a bonus points package stay" Which made more sense to me than booking... Oh well.

Last edited by mrkymark; Jun 23, 2017 at 12:40 am
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Originally Posted by mrkymark
I had the following offer:

Earn 3,600 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster.

When I emailed I got shot down b/c my booking was before the promotion start date...

Not a big deal, lesson learned, but wow, these promotions are really carefully crafted with specific wording. Will be careful next time I guess. I read it in my head as "complete a bonus points package stay" Which made more sense to me than booking... Oh well.
Mine also got rejected because I booked a points only stay albeit their carefully crafted terms said You may choose to redeem IHG® Rewards Club points for a Reward Night by using your existing points for all required points for the desired Reward Night or using your existing points and purchasing additional points in various increments to total the required points. Maybe a case of some you lose and some you lose.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Yea, obviously a lot of engineering time has gone into developing the exact rules and algorithms to award points or not. The wording/T&C's are then indirect translations of those rules. If given a choice I would rather just get the rule book and figure it out myself since the existing summarized T&C's are kind of worthless and still interpret-able.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Smiley90
I just wanna make sure as I'm finalizing my travel, which matches up exactly with the end of the window. My offer is:

1,000 Stay Once Get 1,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 1,000 bonus points.
5,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 5,000 bonus points.
8,400 Be the Readiest®
Be the Readiest® by staying at 2 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s) and earn 8,400 bonus points.
25,600 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 3 of the 3 offers and earn (an additional) 25,600 bonus points.

Right now I have reservations for:

08/27-28: Holiday Inn Express 1
06/28-06/02: Holiday Inn Express 2

So that'll be exactly 5 nights by the end of the window (August 31st-checkin days being included), but my 2nd stay won't be "completed". Am I correct in assuming that booking it like this will complete all 3 offers and thus net me 40'000?
Just quoting myself to ask again to check! Want to make sure before I pay for a nonrefundable rate
Old Jun 24, 2017, 1:34 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Globetrotter-Bonus and Remington Hotels

Hi everyone

does anyone have any experience with staying at a Remington hotel in combination with the Accelerate offer? I should stay in three different countries, and in the third country a (really cheap) Remington hotel would be the best choice. However, the T&Cs for the Globetrotter-Bonsu don't mention Remington hotels:

InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN™ oder HUALUXE® Hotels
Any actual experience concerning this?

Regards

HTB
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:15 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
Stayed from 5/23-5/24. Points posted on 5/25. On 5/31 my Stay Once Get 2,500 and Early Stay Bonus posted but the bonus for staying and paying with the IHG CC bonus have not. I guess I'll wait until my statement closes to see if it posts. If not, guess I'll have to fight IHG. Hey, it's not Accelerate if you're not fighting with IHG, right?
1,500 points for staying and paying with the IHG CC posted on 6/21.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by CMK10
1,500 points for staying and paying with the IHG CC posted on 6/21.
I noticed that my 1,500 pt. IHG CC bonus posted on the "Accelerate" page about four days after the closing date of the credit card, but it took one additional day to post on the "My Account" page. @:-)
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:03 pm

Sorry if this question has already been discussed here, but is there anybody who earned the points for stays booked outside of promotion period when the offer needs booking during this time? Some of my offers don't require booking during promotional period, but the most difficult offer for me needs booking condition. I wonder if IHG system is really so accurate. I have one reservation that I made before the prmotion, but if I book the hotel again now, the room rate will be much higher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.