Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win Promotion Fall 2013

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
thanks for the response:

For #2 So are you saying that if I make two Sat night one night stays (diff Sat of course) using 2 different IHG Brands, and booked on ihg.com.. I would NOT get

1000 for Try One
20,000 for 2 IHG brands
4000 for book with us
8000 for win in a weekend

33,000 points total

Excluding the points I get for the actual stay, what bonuses would I earn then in this situation
Yes you would get 33k.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:31 am
Company Representative - Priority Club Rewards by InterContinental Hotel Group

Programs: Priority Club Rewards & InterContinental Ambassador
The Big Win: Q&A

Hi Everyone -
Popping back in again to provide a bit more clarity to my recent post.

Several of you are asking questions about upcoming stays that overlap the start and end dates of the promotion. So long as your stay either starts OR ends during the promotional period, your stay will count towards the promotion. Both of the examples below will count.

Ex: Check-in August 29th & Check-out September 1st
Ex: Check-in December 30th & Check-out January 3rd

For the "Life in the City" offer, all stays have to take place in a unique city. If your particular offer requires 5 stays to fulfill the bonus points, then you must stay in 5 unique cities (the full list can be found on the website).

Thanks!

Carolyn
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by IHGRewardsClub
Hi Everyone -

Several of you are asking questions about upcoming stays that overlap the start and end dates of the promotion. So long as your stay either starts OR ends during the promotional period, your stay will count towards the promotion. Both of the examples below will count.

For the "Life in the City" offer, all stays have to take place in a unique city. If your particular offer requires 5 stays to fulfill the bonus points, then you must stay in 5 unique cities (the full list can be found on the website).

Thanks!

Carolyn
How about clarifing the Friends and Family Rate ? thanks
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Hi Everyone -

Thanks!

Carolyn
So if I check in on December 31, will that count?

And will a Palazzo/venetian stay count towards the Stay more hurdle?

Last edited by rfrost; Aug 29, 2013 at 11:40 am
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I'm one of the IHG slackers. I got a ton of points for a few nights in Crack the Case and stay at an IHG property exactly once per year, to use the free night I get with my credit card. My promo:

One and done: 1K
Stay more (four nights): 6,400
Explore our brands (two brands): 20K
Book with us (two stays): 4K
Survey the win: 100
Win in a Weekend (two saturdays): 8K
Win big: 40K
Total: 79,500

Assuming I do the whole thing, IHG will get two nights that would have gone to Hilton and two that would have gone to Starwood. There's also a possibility that I'll have to do a mattress run for one of the Saturday nights.

I'd agree that the promo is good for the marginal guest, not so good for the truly loyal IHGers.

Mike
Old Aug 29, 2013, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by mikeef
I'm one of the IHG slackers. I got a ton of points for a few nights in Crack the Case and stay at an IHG property exactly once per year, to use the free night I get with my credit card. My promo:

One and done: 1K
Stay more (four nights): 6,400
Explore our brands (two brands): 20K
Book with us (two stays): 4K
Survey the win: 100
Win in a Weekend (two saturdays): 8K
Win big: 40K
Total: 79,500

Assuming I do the whole thing, IHG will get two nights that would have gone to Hilton and two that would have gone to Starwood. There's also a possibility that I'll have to do a mattress run for one of the Saturday nights.

I'd agree that the promo is good for the marginal guest, not so good for the truly loyal IHGers.

Mike
Same promo as me

For me it was one paid stay in almost 10 years ago, one this year.. and a bunch of point break stays in between
Old Aug 29, 2013, 11:55 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by rawy
I think a lot of these comments on here are quite funny.

Surely the point of having a loyalty scheme is to help build the business & reward those who stay at IHG.

If you stay at IHG lots then they already have your loyalty so why give you more points? You already know the brand & stay lots.

For those people who have stayed at IHG a few times its a great promo as it means they will likely book more with IHG thus increasing IHGs business, its worth it for them to reward these people more as then they will stay with IHG and become more loyal to the brand.

Those complaining to CEO that the promo is rubbish & you can't get many points, well perhaps you should look at the IHG scheme as a bonus not a right to gain lots of points. They want new customers, you are already rewarded by staying lots, having platinum+ and getting bonus points, upgrades etc...

Doing matress runs & trying to bend rules will just spoil things in the long term who use the IHG points system respectfully & for the purpose its there for, to add a bonus for staying & for getting more business for IHG.

I am quite happy with my challenge & it will be a good laugh trying to do what is required to get a few bonus points.

Its a very odd way of thinking some of these posts in this thread!

Rawy
I think yours is a very odd way of thinking and ill write to whoever I like to express my views on this promotion and I certainly dont spoil things for others in the longer term

You say IHG already have the loyalty of people like me so why give us more points.....

Well just to let you know they now do not have my loyalty and I will not book another night with IHG in the remainder if this year as they have taken my loyalty for granted and I simply wont accept that whilst they offer massive amounts of points to people who will only stay a few nights to get the points and then trot back off to what they were doing before once achieved.

At that point IHG will realise they have lost a lot of loyal members (who may even have grown their stays a little had the targets been slightly achievable) and wont have anything from these new members who wont come back again until the next promotion.

So today ive cancelled 4 nights with IHG in the UK over the next two weeks and have moved them to Hilton and Marriott.

Bye Bye IHG
Old Aug 29, 2013, 12:12 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Maybe it has already been mentioned but I think it warrants being mentioned again, only reservations made on or after September 1, 2013 qualify for the portion of the promotion listed below:

Book with us: Book 2 separate stays through an IHG hotel website or mobile device to get our best price guarantee and receive 2,000 Points.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 12:40 pm
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Originally Posted by rawy
I think a lot of these comments on here are quite funny.

Surely the point of having a loyalty scheme is to help build the business & reward those who stay at IHG.

If you stay at IHG lots then they already have your loyalty so why give you more points? You already know the brand & stay lots.

For those people who have stayed at IHG a few times its a great promo as it means they will likely book more with IHG thus increasing IHGs business, its worth it for them to reward these people more as then they will stay with IHG and become more loyal to the brand.

Those complaining to CEO that the promo is rubbish & you can't get many points, well perhaps you should look at the IHG scheme as a bonus not a right to gain lots of points. They want new customers, you are already rewarded by staying lots, having platinum+ and getting bonus points, upgrades etc...

Doing matress runs & trying to bend rules will just spoil things in the long term who use the IHG points system respectfully & for the purpose its there for, to add a bonus for staying & for getting more business for IHG.

I am quite happy with my challenge & it will be a good laugh trying to do what is required to get a few bonus points.

Its a very odd way of thinking some of these posts in this thread!

Rawy
I happened to receive a good offer and will max it out, so I am happy. But I can see how someone might be upset if their offer includes stays in Australia or something crazy like that.

I am fine with IHG trying to go after new business, I don't have a problem with that. But it is a tricky balance, because the benefits for IHG elites are weak compared to other programs, so you are not giving up that much by going somewhere else. And if they ask someone for 25+ nights, that someone could easily become elite in a second program and get better benefits. But granted IHG does have strenghts that make the program attractive, too.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Maybe it has already been mentioned but I think it warrants being mentioned again, only reservations made on or after September 1, 2013 qualify for the portion of the promotion listed below:

Book with us: Book 2 separate stays through an IHG hotel website or mobile device to get our best price guarantee and receive 2,000 Points.
Thank you for pointing that out. I would have missed it, as I'm sure others would have. Seems inconsistent with what Carolyn wrote here.

Carolyn, can you clarify?

Thanks,
Mike
Old Aug 29, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
My offer

- Try one and done: 1,000 points
- Stay total of 4 nights : 6,400 points
- Stay 2 different IHG brands : 20,000 points
- Book 2 different stay via IHG website/mobile: 4,000 points
- Survey : 100 points
- Stay at any 2 certain Cities: 12,000 points
- Book and pay with IHG Visa: 1,500 points
- Complete all: 45,000 points

total of 90k

I can do

- Try one and done: 1,000 points
- Stay 2 different IHG brands : 20,000 points
- Book 2 different stay via IHG website/mobile: 4,000 points
- Survey : 100 points
- Book and pay with IHG Visa: 1,500 points

for 26,600 points.

Whats the rule about booking but not actually staying or able to check in? I would like to take that 2 certain cities offer but i know i can' t make it.

and what is the friend and family?

Last edited by tdrag97; Aug 29, 2013 at 1:22 pm
Old Aug 29, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: LX M&M FTL, Aegean Gold, Mabuhay Miles Platinum
Originally Posted by MileageAddict

This is exactly what I am still not sure of. I have asked that question here, and was told the stay itself has to be between sep 1 and dec 31. And if you look on the IHG facebook page, Carolyn actually does confirm that on exactly this question - but maybe she did not read it well.

I agree with you that the T&C say the BOOKING has to be made between these dates. The T&C does not even mention that you actually have to stay; as far as the T&C are concerned a booking booked between these dates that is cancelled a day later would also count towards this part of the promotion.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 3:47 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
I haven't received any personal invitation to the Big Win promotion. I'm in Europe, so I assume that is why. If I register via the link and promo code I assume I won't get any benefit but as I can't view the T&Cs I can't confirm what it says. Anyone know for sure this is the case?

Why have IHG deserted all their loyal European customers? I'm Platinum but I've received no status benefit for any stay I've made this year and they've made it ten times harder to re-qualify anyway by not counting bonus points and its also poor points value as they are not running any promotions.

If there are no promotions I'm giving up on IHG for good. I've already gone back to Hilton and Starwood for this year. I used to average 20 stays with IHG but this year just three so far and that was only because I stayed before I noticed the change in bonus points policy. Don't they realise people only use inferior IHG hotels because of the generous points and status system?

Posted from my very comfortable Hampton Inn bedroom - better value and far superior to any HIX I've ever stayed at and double/triple points too!
Old Aug 29, 2013, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Hi Everyone!=[*]Stays do not need to be re-booked on or after Sep 1st to count, as long as they are consumed during the promo period.=[/LIST]
Thanks,

Carolyn

guys she has already answered this question
Old Aug 29, 2013, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by lhr baby
I haven't received any personal invitation to the Big Win promotion. I'm in Europe, so I assume that is why. If I register via the link and promo code I assume I won't get any benefit but as I can't view the T&Cs I can't confirm what it says.
I'm in Europe and I got the email. Maybe it will take another day or two for you. And you can register anytime, email or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.