Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win Promotion Fall 2013

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2013, 1:00 am

Angry "big win - take a survey" not working

The biggest hurdle of completing my "big win" turns out to be "take a survey". Whenever I click the link, I get a message "coming soon". Is this a glitch? Does anyone else have the same problem?
Old Sep 8, 2013, 2:40 am

Programs: IHG
Survey 'not working'

This is a clever strategy to put the final bonus beyond reach

(Yes, I get the same message).
Old Sep 8, 2013, 6:09 am

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
LOL nope I'm just a bit further north than you (EDIflyer ) From what I've read elsewhere it seems to be where you've stayed recently with IHG that determines things - my paid IHG stays have mainly been in London (I had a paid and a reward in NZ, but thankfully that doesn't seem to have triggered offers for over there as happened to some folk that had a single stay in Japan or Oz and ended up with offers around there)
Yes, I recognised the name from the old Diamond Club forum but was just speculating that you might have moved. :-)

What you've said is probably true but doesn't make sense in my circumstances. I've only stayed three times this year and they've all been in Europe and I only had one stay in N. America last year with IHG. So why they think I'd go to the Americas now is beyond me - especially to the cities on my list as there is only one I've ever stayed in with IHG.

I guess this is just another good reason not to continue to stay with this dumb hotel chain. I'll continue to wave goodbye to Platinum and carry on with Starwood and Hilton - they seem to have got their act together with promotions this year.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 6:14 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lhr baby
Yes, I recognised the name from the old Diamond Club forum but was just speculating that you might have moved. :-)

What you've said is probably true but doesn't make sense in my circumstances. I've only stayed three times this year and they've all been in Europe and I only had one stay in N. America last year with IHG. So why they think I'd go to the Americas now is beyond me - especially to the cities on my list as there is only one I've ever stayed in with IHG.

I guess this is just another good reason not to continue to stay with this dumb hotel chain. I'll continue to wave goodbye to Platinum and carry on with Starwood and Hilton - they seem to have got their act together with promotions this year.
Haha, yes definitely worth checking, but nope still in the same place! Agree that seems totally bonkers - must be the IHG random promotion generator at work! My targets are achievable (although the 2nd Sat night stay is proving a bit of a pain) so I'm going for it (HHD already secured for next year on stays I already have planned). Will be interesting to see what (if any) Plat recognition I get on these stays - so far I've not found it partiularly good, but at least I get the bonus points. I won't retain it next year either, although if another good credit card signup bonus comes along then I may well make use of that. Waiting to see what Hilton come up with for this final quarter - in a way I'm hoping it's not too good so I don't regret moving the stays across to IHG!
Old Sep 8, 2013, 11:04 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by atl475
The biggest hurdle of completing my "big win" turns out to be "take a survey". Whenever I click the link, I get a message "coming soon". Is this a glitch? Does anyone else have the same problem?
Inform, them then and let us know
Old Sep 8, 2013, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
(although the 2nd Sat night stay is proving a bit of a pain)

I can help you out with a phantom stay for 50
Old Sep 8, 2013, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by everywhere
Getaway and Win 10,800pts (2 resort stays)

Has anyone confirmed whether IHG have attempted to bury the crucial part of this one in the fine print - ie the 3 night stay requirement - or is this not the case and can merely be described as incompetence on the part of IHG (i.e. the requirement does not exist)?
Anyone?
Old Sep 8, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by nigelchang
I stayed 1 night on 9/1 and checked out 9/2, points are already posted into my account, but nothing happens in big win status screen (even book&stay badget!).

I'd like to know if anyone has a changed big win status screen?
Ah - I knew I find people in the same boat here. I've had stays posted to my account but nothing updated on the Big Win Track Your Progress page, and still "Coming Soon" on the survey, for large values of soon.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, Wyndham and virtually no activity on a couple of others
Back from holiday, and digesting what the IHG random number generator has allocated me. Not impressed - I consider it impossible. This combined with a non-qualifying stay on the "IHG Rewards Club 35" rate which specifically stated that points DO apply mean that I will be ignoring IHG this quarter (well, I'll make one stay plus do the survey when/if it appears).

My targets are:

1) Try one: 1,000 points
2) Stay more and earn more: Stay a total of 22 nights = 12,200 points
3) Explore our brands: 4 different IHG brands = 16,000 points
4) Share your opinion to win: Take a survey = 100 points (coming soon)
5) Live the City Life: Stay at 2 of the following locations = 7,200 points
(Full list includes Staybridge Suites Birmingham UK which opens in, er.. Feb-14)
6) Stay on the weekend to win: Stay 4 Saturday nights = 6,400 points
7) Win big: Complete all of these offers = 51,000 points

Grand total = 102,300

-Dave
Old Sep 8, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by DavesInn
Back from holiday, and digesting what the IHG random number generator has allocated me. Not impressed - I consider it impossible. This combined with a non-qualifying stay on the "IHG Rewards Club 35" rate which specifically stated that points DO apply mean that I will be ignoring IHG this quarter (well, I'll make one stay plus do the survey when/if it appears).

My targets are:

1) Try one: 1,000 points
2) Stay more and earn more: Stay a total of 22 nights = 12,200 points
3) Explore our brands: 4 different IHG brands = 16,000 points
4) Share your opinion to win: Take a survey = 100 points (coming soon)
5) Live the City Life: Stay at 2 of the following locations = 7,200 points
(Full list includes Staybridge Suites Birmingham UK which opens in, er.. Feb-14)
6) Stay on the weekend to win: Stay 4 Saturday nights = 6,400 points
7) Win big: Complete all of these offers = 51,000 points

Grand total = 102,300

-Dave
I actually asked about booking on their facebook page, and was told its open in December, think they are taking reservations beginning of Dec.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 6:37 pm

Explore our brands?

Hello,
Please could someone help me with the "explore our brands" target. What exactly counts as a brand? I'm planning to stay at:
- Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resorts

But I can't see in the ts&cs whether Holiday Inn Resorts is just counted as Holiday Inn or not?

I need to stay at 3 brands and was hoping those would do.

Many thanks,
Matt
Old Sep 8, 2013, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by mattie54
Hello,
Please could someone help me with the "explore our brands" target. What exactly counts as a brand? I'm planning to stay at:
- Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resorts

But I can't see in the ts&cs whether Holiday Inn Resorts is just counted as Holiday Inn or not?

I need to stay at 3 brands and was hoping those would do.

Many thanks,
Matt
You will need one other brand. From the terms and conditions:

InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, Even or Hualuxe hotels worldwide.

9 total brands. Holiday Inn Resorts, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, and the rare Holiday Inn Select properties fall under the Holiday Inn Brand.

Welcome to FT!
Old Sep 8, 2013, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
You will need one other brand. From the terms and conditions:

InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, Even or Hualuxe hotels worldwide.

9 total brands. Holiday Inn Resorts, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, and the rare Holiday Inn Select properties fall under the Holiday Inn Brand.

Welcome to FT!
Thanks for your prompt reply
Old Sep 8, 2013, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
I got very lucky on this. My promo looked like this:

Try one and done: Stay at any IHG hotel and receive 1,000 Points
Stay more and earn: Stay a total of 8 nights and receive 11,500 Points
Explore more brands: Stay at 5 different IHG brands and receive 36,000 Points
Survey the win: Complete a simple survey and receive 100 Points
Get out there: Stay at 2 of the following locations below and receive 10,800 Points
Win in a weekend: Stay 3 Saturday nights and receive 8,400 Points
Win big: Complete all of your offers and receive 68,000 Points

(135,800 points total)

The two "Get out there" stays are the toughest part it seems like, but I already have a paid reservation at one hotel on the list (Holiday Inn - Solihull, UK) and a reward reservation at another (Crowne Plaza - Amsterdam City Centre). Changing that award reservation to a paid reservation will cost me 266 Euro, but I'll get:

The 40,000 points I was burning for the room
The 10,800 points from "Get out there"
The 68,000 points from "Win Big"
The 3,217 points I'll earn with the paid stay

That's 122,017 points difference for 266 euro. There is no way I'd get the "Get out there" or "Win Big" otherwise.

Considering I've wrapped up my Hilton Diamond for the year and was going to switch many of my remaining stays over to IHG to try and hit Platinum, I think it's enough to entice me to make that change.

Edited to add: Is the list of hotels targeted, or did I just get really lucky by having this trip next week bringing me to two on the list already booked? In a typical year, there is no way I'd get to two different cities on that list for a promo.

Last edited by elCheapoDeluxe; Sep 8, 2013 at 11:39 pm
Old Sep 9, 2013, 3:27 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
I got very lucky on this. My promo looked like this:

Try one and done: Stay at any IHG hotel and receive 1,000 Points
Stay more and earn: Stay a total of 8 nights and receive 11,500 Points
Explore more brands: Stay at 5 different IHG brands and receive 36,000 Points
Survey the win: Complete a simple survey and receive 100 Points
Get out there: Stay at 2 of the following locations below and receive 10,800 Points
Win in a weekend: Stay 3 Saturday nights and receive 8,400 Points
Win big: Complete all of your offers and receive 68,000 Points

(135,800 points total)

The two "Get out there" stays are the toughest part it seems like, but I already have a paid reservation at one hotel on the list (Holiday Inn - Solihull, UK) and a reward reservation at another (Crowne Plaza - Amsterdam City Centre). Changing that award reservation to a paid reservation will cost me 266 Euro, but I'll get:

The 40,000 points I was burning for the room
The 10,800 points from "Get out there"
The 68,000 points from "Win Big"
The 3,217 points I'll earn with the paid stay

That's 122,017 points difference for 266 euro. There is no way I'd get the "Get out there" or "Win Big" otherwise.

Considering I've wrapped up my Hilton Diamond for the year and was going to switch many of my remaining stays over to IHG to try and hit Platinum, I think it's enough to entice me to make that change.

Edited to add: Is the list of hotels targeted, or did I just get really lucky by having this trip next week bringing me to two on the list already booked? In a typical year, there is no way I'd get to two different cities on that list for a promo.
Well if you are flying into Amsterdam Schiphol, Book HIX Schiphol for about 70euro in advance, to get your stay credit , you don't have to actually sleep there. (Alas town centre hotels more costly and not conveniently by CP-Centre either )

Free Shutlle bus every 30mins to hotel. Checkin for one the night, you can quietly leave 10minutes later, and be checked out in your absence. Then either walk to Station (10min walk) and go hotel, or return shuttle bus to airport for 7.50euro .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.