Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC's & RA Club Access Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Updated with threads up to date. If you know the following please let me know:

1. If you get free lounge access on award stays too, otherwise I'll peruse the IC's that respect award stays thread later
2. If hotel charges for club, how much
3. If hotel does not have a lounge, if they offer breakfast vouchers/coupons as I'll either put that in post 1 or 3

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:31 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Some additions:

San Juan -- We always ask about Club access at San Juan, and it's almost always closed. We have never been offered any breakfast coupons, and we have stayed there maybe 10 times in the last 3-4 years.

Cancun -- We have stayed here twice and were given both free breakfast at the outdoor restaurant and unlimited free cocktails and hors d'oeuvres in the evening at the lobby bar.

Hong Kong -- My understanding is that no one gets free access to the Club.

Last edited by The Mileage Millionaire; Apr 25, 2012 at 10:38 am
Old Apr 25, 2012, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Dubai should be in the Suite or Club category. It's one or the other. I think Bangkok too right?

It should also be stated that this all assumes booking the cheapest rate, right? For instance in London if you book Executive, you get Club.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 3:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think that the thread is misleading. If booking a standard room and getting a club room, then that is an upgrade ; to refer to getting an upgrade or club access is wrong
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
Hong Kong -- My understanding is that no one gets free access to the Club.
I thought both HK and GS you got choice?

Originally Posted by stimpy
Dubai should be in the Suite or Club category. It's one or the other. I think Bangkok too right?

It should also be stated that this all assumes booking the cheapest rate, right? For instance in London if you book Executive, you get Club.
1. When you say Dubai, do you mean Dubai FS or Dubai Residence Suites?
2. Yes, assuming you book cheapest rate. If you book exec and get club room, are you guaranteed club access?

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I think that the thread is misleading. If booking a standard room and getting a club room, then that is an upgrade ; to refer to getting an upgrade or club access is wrong
Not sure I get what you are saying.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Not sure I get what you are saying.
Post 2 title

"Choose upgrade or club access "

Club access comes, generally, with getting an upgrade to a Club Room ; getting the club room is the upgrade which provides for lounge access. It isn't a choice of upgrade or lounge access
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Post 2 title

"Choose upgrade or club access "

Club access comes, generally, with getting an upgrade to a Club Room ; getting the club room is the upgrade which provides for lounge access. It isn't a choice of upgrade or lounge access
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-merged-6.html

How do you propose I list it? At GS they either offer you club access with the room you book, or you can get an UG with NO club access. Hence I think it's pretty clear. Or am I still missing something?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 6:09 pm

I have stayed at IC GS for 44 nights in 2009. I was told by their customer service - upgrade or club access. I chose upgrade.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 6:18 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-merged-6.html

How do you propose I list it? At GS they either offer you club access with the room you book, or you can get an UG with NO club access. Hence I think it's pretty clear. Or am I still missing something?
I think that you are misrepresenting it

Upgrade to Club Room or
Upgrade to Suite

are 2 of the options for Royal Ambassadors

Both are an upgrade; to imply that the club room upgrade is not an upgrade is misleading. For some hotels , there may be no actual difference in the room size, location etc doesn't matter

With some hotels this is very misleading since the club rooms are different rooms to standard roooms. At melbourne, for example, the deluxe rooms are 31 sq.m. whiilst the club rooms are 41 sq.m. yet the hotel is listed as giving either club or upgrade
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
1. When you say Dubai, do you mean Dubai FS or Dubai Residence Suites?
2. Yes, assuming you book cheapest rate. If you book exec and get club room, are you guaranteed club access?
I meant Dubai FS.

Yes, at London if you book Exec you are guaranteed Club. However I've seen some posts about a new level called London Exec?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Much of it is simply semantics. Is any room, that includes the club, a club room? Or is it a separate floor, with better rooms, with club access?

I know when I chose the club option at the GS HKG, that it is not a special room of any sort, not the club floor, but a standard room, simply with club access.

Upgrade to Club Room or
Upgrade to Suite

Both are an upgrade; to imply that the club room upgrade is not an upgrade is misleading. For some hotels , there may be no actual difference in the room size, location etc doesn't matter

With some hotels this is very misleading since the club rooms are different rooms to standard roooms. At melbourne, for example, the deluxe rooms are 31 sq.m. whiilst the club rooms are 41 sq.m. yet the hotel is listed as giving either club or upgrade
Old Apr 26, 2012, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Much of it is simply semantics. Is any room, that includes the club, a club room? Or is it a separate floor, with better rooms, with club access?

I know when I chose the club option at the GS HKG, that it is not a special room of any sort, not the club floor, but a standard room, simply with club access.
It is any room that is designated as a Club Room. It may be the same but ut may well be on a Club Level or actually ( as some hotels are ) a different standard room altogether.

To imply that it is "no upgrade" as asserted , seems just a way to misrepresent what is being offered in a derogatory manner. There is already one hotel in the list that is misrepresented
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Upgrade to Club Room or
Upgrade to Suite

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

Well, my limited experience at IC GS (2 stays only) was that I either got club access with my booked room (cheapest room that was not designated as "club") or UG the room (presumably suite).

So in my mind it is semantics. I know in those two times I was not offered and UG to club room and UG to club access. It was "you get a better room or club access, which do you want?"
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:24 am

Well, my limited experience at IC GS (2 stays only) was that I either got club access with my booked room (cheapest room that was not designated as "club") or UG the room (presumably suite).

So in my mind it is semantics. I know in those two times I was not offered and UG to club room and UG to club access. It was "you get a better room or club access, which do you want?"

That one hotel does that , does not mean that it is the same throughout the brand. There are hotels where Club rooms are different rooms to regular rooms, an example of which I have given

It is not "semantics" imo, it is misrepresentation since your posts are misrepresenting what is given at some hotels. If it is semantics, why not specify the title as "upgrade to club room or suite"
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
IC Montreal may be moving to Suite or Club from my recent (start of April experience)
I booked a club room ... and got a club room - when I enquired about the RA upgrade was told I'd got club; eventually I got a suite when I pointed out that yes I'd booked a club room and could I please have a suite. (Think they might also be charging as there was a discussion going on between the Concierge and a couple about access).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.