Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions

Older Thread (Prior to December 31, 2016) could be found here. The Wiki was taken from this thread.
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
if anyone can help me out with a UK site that works via pm i'll buy you a pint via paypal
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: Kingclub - Gold,Skywards Silver,Jet Privilege Blue Plus,IHG Platinum,Marriott Silver,QMiles Burgundy
Been out of this game for a while. What would be the chances of getting the following claim approved:

Hotel in US

Room: Standard
IHG: 115.06 USD non refundable my rate
Elvoline: 113.97 USD refundable (cancellable for free 1 week before)

Room name on IHG: 2 DOUBLE BEDS STE W SOFA BED NONSMOKING
IHG: $139.03 non refundable my rate
Elvoline room name: Suite - Two Doubles + Sofa Bed
$129.26 (cancellable for free 1 week before)

Understand the risk of non refundable claims; traveling for sure so worth taking that risk.

Last edited by Wildboar; Feb 17, 2017 at 7:20 pm Reason: more info
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Yunnnn
Claim just went through, after 1 week
Well, IHG has just left me with a great distaste.

They now state that they are unable to match the price and have to do a cheque as the method of refund - that's fine, but the issue is I will not reside at the said address during the period that they're sending the cheque any longer and it isn't possible for me to use USPS Mail Forwarding (for various reasons).

They're refusing to change the address nor allow the hotel to change the address on file, nor allow direct deposit.

Anyone met with such an issue before?
​​​​​
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Yunnnn
Well, IHG has just left me with a great distaste.

They now state that they are unable to match the price and have to do a cheque as the method of refund - that's fine, but the issue is I will not reside at the said address during the period that they're sending the cheque any longer and it isn't possible for me to use USPS Mail Forwarding (for various reasons).

They're refusing to change the address nor allow the hotel to change the address on file, nor allow direct deposit.

Anyone met with such an issue before?
​​​​​
yes, and there is nothing you can do unfortunately. Either have somebody receive the check or cancel the reservation.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: Kingclub - Gold,Skywards Silver,Jet Privilege Blue Plus,IHG Platinum,Marriott Silver,QMiles Burgundy
Originally Posted by Wildboar
Been out of this game for a while. What would be the chances of getting the following claim approved:

Hotel in US

Room: Standard
IHG: 115.06 USD non refundable my rate
Elvoline: 113.97 USD refundable (cancellable for free 1 week before)

Room name on IHG: 2 DOUBLE BEDS STE W SOFA BED NONSMOKING
IHG: $139.03 non refundable my rate
Elvoline room name: Suite - Two Doubles + Sofa Bed
$129.26 (cancellable for free 1 week before)

Understand the risk of non refundable claims; traveling for sure so worth taking that risk.
So i made this claim; got a mail from the BRG desk that they see the lower price but this is not a valid claim because elvoline on their wbesite say that they will send the voucher within 30 minutes so it is not instant confirmation. However on the booking page under the prices they clearly mention Instant Confirmation. Have written to the BPG desk with the screenshot saying instant confirmation.

I know it is their rules and we have to play by them but this seems to stretch it quite a bit.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:43 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
So i made this claim; got a mail from the BRG desk that they see the lower price but this is not a valid claim because elvoline on their wbesite say that they will send the voucher within 30 minutes so it is not instant confirmation. However on the booking page under the prices they clearly mention Instant Confirmation. Have written to the BPG desk with the screenshot saying instant confirmation.

I know it is their rules and we have to play by them but this seems to stretch it quite a bit.
Sending out the voucher and instant confirmation are two different things. You can receive instant confirmation on the website, but the voucher will be sent out a bit later. Otherwise they could deny any claim by saying the confirmation was not "instant" because it took three seconds to confirm.

Or did elvoline say that the voucher might or might not be sent out depending on whether they will confirm the booking?

HTB.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by htb
Sending out the voucher and instant confirmation are two different things. You can receive instant confirmation on the website, but the voucher will be sent out a bit later. Otherwise they could deny any claim by saying the confirmation was not "instant" because it took three seconds to confirm.

Or did elvoline say that the voucher might or might not be sent out depending on whether they will confirm the booking?

HTB.
On all hotel booking pages Elvoline says Instant confirmation as one of the 5 USPs of the site.

This was the wording of the mail: We have verified the website www.elvoline.com and we were able to encounter in the course of our research that it does not provide immediate confirmation. The website advised that the guest “will receive an email along with the Voucher (PDF file) within 30 minutes of booking.” As such, we are unable to extend the Guarantee for requiring additional time to guarantee a reservation.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:40 am

On all hotel booking pages Elvoline says Instant confirmation as one of the 5 USPs of the site.

This was the wording of the mail: We have verified the website www.elvoline.com and we were able to encounter in the course of our research that it does not provide immediate confirmation. The website advised that the guest “will receive an email along with the Voucher (PDF file) within 30 minutes of booking.” As such, we are unable to extend the Guarantee for requiring additional time to guarantee a reservation.
You understood the risk before you made a booking and put the claim in, so you should not be surprised with the outcome. All BRG programs are kind of a lottery and you better not play the game if are not ready to accept the denial.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by boris10475
You understood the risk before you made a booking and put the claim in, so you should not be surprised with the outcome. All BRG programs are kind of a lottery and you better not play the game if are not ready to accept the denial.
Yes i do understand the risk; but this outcome is a new one. And unfair dont you think? Tried to escalate to supervisor but same tripe unfortunately
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:04 am

I had the same issue comparing with Tbeds.com a year or so ago. They used to accept them then all of a sudden IHG rejected based on the 'instant confirmation' issue, even though it clearly said tbeds provide instant confirmation. Tbeds live chat confirmed for a few days that that was the case, then they changed their stance. I gave up in the end. IHG wouldn't budge.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
About time we had list of commonly excluded OTA sites in wiki, with reason eg
xxxx.com (no instant confirmation)
yyyy.com (not authorised to sell ihg rooms)
etc

One would then look/find another valid OTA to claim that BPG night against
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
yes, and there is nothing you can do unfortunately. Either have somebody receive the check or cancel the reservation.
Unfortunately, I cannot cancel the reservation as it is already over and nobody is receiving the check.

I guess I'll just have to forgo the money.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 7:28 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
I am new to IHG (and IHG BRG).
I read this thread, but I could not find an answer about the fact that extra charge for a second adult should be included when asking for BRG :
IHG : room is 85 € + 15 € for second adult which is a total of 100 €
OTA : room is 90 €
Would this claim be valid ? (or should I only look at the price of the room ?)
Old Mar 7, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by nrouxel
I am new to IHG (and IHG BRG).
I read this thread, but I could not find an answer about the fact that extra charge for a second adult should be included when asking for BRG :
IHG : room is 85 € + 15 € for second adult which is a total of 100 €
OTA : room is 90 €
Would this claim be valid ? (or should I only look at the price of the room ?)
No because IHG doesn't take second person charge into consideration - call it unfair but that how it works. So they will deny your claim saying that 85 is less than 90 so there's no claim.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by nacho
No because IHG doesn't take second person charge into consideration - call it unfair but that how it works. So they will deny your claim saying that 85 is less than 90 so there's no claim.
Thank you for your answer. I think I will book through OTA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.