Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by samwkchan
I don't see it as a 'goodwill' adjustment at all. Deduction of points, especially at a decent amount, should be explicitly explained.

On second thoughts, I am struggling if I am correct. When the room is later reimbursed, IHG is not giving the room for free technically. It is just like free. In other words, they are not following the terms and conditions either.
That's what I'm criticizing IHG for - not telling what the hell is going on and then just took my points away.

I do think that I don't really deserve the points - since it stated very clearly on their T&C. What IHG has really done wrong is the extremely slow reimbursement process - it has been more than 3 months since I have asked for my reimbursements and 3 of them are still missing. They are still 'communicating' with the accounting dept.

On top of that they still owe me all the interests I have lost and they wired the $ without covering their fee so I got less than what I paid - so far my nights are NOT free.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
On top of that they still owe me all the interests I have lost and they wired the $ without covering their fee so I got less than what I paid - so far my nights are NOT free.
Hi, nacho,

Did they agree on giving the balance to you? How much was it? And it was for how many nights?

Regards.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: PC Plat, HH Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold
That's what I'm criticizing IHG for - not telling what the hell is going on and then just took my points away.

I do think that I don't really deserve the points - since it stated very clearly on their T&C. What IHG has really done wrong is the extremely slow reimbursement process - it has been more than 3 months since I have asked for my reimbursements and 3 of them are still missing. They are still 'communicating' with the accounting dept.

u should complaint to better business bureau or something..
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaell
u should complaint to better business bureau or something..
I'll if I don't get a proper respond from IHG. I have now written to IHG care, let's see what they say.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Hi, nacho,

Did they agree on giving the balance to you? How much was it? And it was for how many nights?

Regards.
They are for the BRG that's approved. IHG owes me about EUR 600 or so - 3 nights + insufficient funds for 7 reimbursements. It's so confusing that I have to keep track of so many reimbursements.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:53 pm

They are for the BRG that's approved. IHG owes me about EUR 600 or so - 3 nights + insufficient funds for 7 reimbursements. It's so confusing that I have to keep track of so many reimbursements.
How much was the total balance of the insufficient fund? Did they promised to give you back the balance of the insufficient fund?

Regards.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 1:40 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
So I got this while checking in to a BRG room lately... I believe this is the manager's way to say ".... you"

Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
if anyone has any good sites for brg's in London can you pm me and i will happily share a site i had recent success on for the US.

thanks
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Could anyone confirm how the cancellation of a BRG (based on advanced purchase rate) should be handled?

A hotel is taking full payment from my card for a night I missed because the LHR's "snow" mayhem, even though the rate had become zero thanks to the BRG. Doesn't see quite fair, but they claim heads need to hit pillows to validate the claim.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Could anyone confirm how the cancellation of a BRG (based on advanced purchase rate) should be handled?

A hotel is taking full payment from my card for a night I missed because the LHR's "snow" mayhem, even though the rate had become zero thanks to the BRG. Doesn't see quite fair, but they claim heads need to hit pillows to validate the claim.
the original cancellation terms apply
Old Jan 22, 2013, 3:01 pm

This is correct. No show charges the regular nightly rate.

Originally Posted by lfc84
Old Jan 22, 2013, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by traveldealexpert
This is correct. No show charges the regular nightly rate.
which raises a good question. whether or not that clause is actually legal would be a good issue. I think it smacks of a penalty clause and might be struck out by a court. the night is either free, or it's not. the program could easily resolve the 'just book for convenience and maybe not show' camp by inserting an audit clause for serial offenders.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 3:51 pm

If you make an award reservation and do not check-in...you will also be charged the nightly rate.

11.Priority Club members who cancel their Reward Night reservation will have their points used for that reservation re-deposited into the member's Priority Club account, and may be subjected to a processing fee. Priority Club members who do not cancel their Reward Night reservation by the cancellation deadline and do not use their reservation (no-show) are still subject to a no-show charge for the first night of the reservation, plus tax, per room, billed to the credit card used to guarantee the reservation upon booking. The points redeemed for the no-showed Reward Night reservation will be re-deposited into the member's Priority Club account.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by traveldealexpert
If you make an award reservation and do not check-in...you will also be charged the nightly rate.
award reservation is slightly different... same as a paid booking. no-show can understand the hotel may think it could have on sold the room. but if it has already given you the room for free under a brg, then it is not their room to sell anymore so the full $ amount may not be a fair estimation of their damages, hence a penalty, and not allowed.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by lfc84
Yes, I saw that. But innocently assumed this to mean that an adjusted advanced purchase rate of zero would apply.

Can't quite see the motivation/logic behind the penalty - unless it is to prevent those seeking to cancel inflexible rates from doing so by changing the room rate to zero via the BRG route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.