Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Subscribe
Quote: I've yet to be checked on it. Of course I'm can use it and if checked ill have no issues, but out of ~40 stays, 26 of those this year I've yet to be checked. I've used it both in the US and internationally.
What do you need to show when a government rate is booked at check-in?
Quote: What do you need to show when a government rate is booked at check-in?
I have yet to need to show anything, but I would assume military orders, a government or military ID card or etc would work. Often the rate details say one room per valid Military ID...
I show my Government ID.
Question.. My brother in law works at the Hyatt and he gave me his employee code to hook a hotel on my upcoming vacation. Will I have any trouble booking the hotel and also checking in? Do I need to call the Hyatt that I'm staying in to let them know or anything?
Why don't you just ask your brother-in-law if it's a personal code or also applicable to family and friends... he should know when he's breaking the rules :-).
Quote: Question.. My brother in law works at the Hyatt and he gave me his employee code to hook a hotel on my upcoming vacation. Will I have any trouble booking the hotel and also checking in? Do I need to call the Hyatt that I'm staying in to let them know or anything?
You will need all his relevant information at the time of the booking: name, title, location.
They will do verification in the background on the info you provide.
As long as everything you provide is correct, you will have no problems at check-in.
You will NOT get stay credit.
Quote: I have yet to need to show anything, but I would assume military orders, a government or military ID card or etc would work. Often the rate details say one room per valid Military ID...
ID is usually sufficient for government rate; however, some locations and different chains (i.e. Marriott) request a copy of orders to show you are on official government business. I think I have been carded 2 or 3 times in 5 years.

I suggest those that are eligible to try the FedRooms code in addition to the GOV rate. Three reasons: FedRooms can show availability even if GOV doesn't, FedRooms can be used for leisure travel, and FedRooms will sometimes give more benefits than GOV rate (e.g. waived resort fees).
I don't think that RTW's question on the MaW thread was ever properly addressed, let alone answered. May we do so here?
Quote: Why was the MaW thread closed? I don't think that RTW's question was ever properly addressed, let alone answered.
Quote:
Discussing Specific Moderator Actions - link to this guideline
On-board discussion of moderator decisions - including post deletions and member discipline - is not allowed and will be removed. Members will also be subject to disciplinary action. Similarly, posts announcing a member's return to FlyerTalk after a suspension or ban are not allowed. If you have a question about a moderator action, contact the moderator directly or Carol (SanDiego1k).
dont ask. dont tell.
Noted and reworded.
Quote: ID is usually sufficient for government rate; however, some locations and different chains (i.e. Marriott) request a copy of orders to show you are on official government business. I think I have been carded 2 or 3 times in 5 years.

I suggest those that are eligible to try the FedRooms code in addition to the GOV rate. Three reasons: FedRooms can show availability even if GOV doesn't, FedRooms can be used for leisure travel, and FedRooms will sometimes give more benefits than GOV rate (e.g. waived resort fees).
What is the FedRooms code?
Quote: What is the FedRooms code?
If you have to ask...

Seriously though, it has its own website. It's on there.
Quote: If you have to ask...

Seriously though, it has its own website. It's on there.
Worth a shot. I wanted to add it to the list.
Quote: I show my Government ID.
I often get asked for my government ID.
Quote: I don't think that RTW's question on the MaW thread was ever properly addressed, let alone answered. May we do so here?
That thread was locked because it was about to go into full flame mode, much like the previous discussion on the exact same subject.

If that discussion is moved over to this thread, a very short leash will be on the discussion.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
3  43  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  63