Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thank You From Hyatt – Enjoy 50,000 MileagePlus Award Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You From Hyatt – Enjoy 50,000 MileagePlus Award Miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I might be off but hoping Hyatt shows some cheer towards their other loyal clients. I have read the various data points and they do not make any sense. It is hard to see how either Hyatt or United could have gained much from this. I am actually at a Hyatt in Hawaii and was alerted of this thread by a fellow FTer with the quote "wish I had requalified this year as Diamond". Now that type of marketing aka aspire is what Hyatt should want not this public relations heap. They would have been smarter to give 5k to each of their loyal subjects. And if Hyatt is going to learn anything from United on marketing or taking care of their best clients. Someone help us all. But also what has been said given the sad state of Hyatts promos maybe they are teaching each other. They are both Chicago based. Still confused and definitely disappointed.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Looking at the names of some FTers who did not get the promo shows many long and well established names. They did a good job on exclusion. Lots of loyal Hyatt names.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I think this one will win the prize for best badly executed promotion..... the silence on what criteria were used is deafening.

And I must really say it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. And although I'm not missing much I'm seriously re-considering my reservations for the next few months. It seems they consider the credit card crowd their new target audience.....
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RTW1
I think this one will win the prize for best badly executed promotion..... the silence on what criteria were used is deafening.

And I must really say it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. And although I'm not missing much I'm seriously re-considering my reservations for the next few months. It seems they consider the credit card crowd their new target audience.....
I don't think this can really be considered a promotion. Hyatt along with United must feel like the bonus they've given out was an important gesture to make to that crowd. Obviously in the world of social media they know that this will disappoint a number of individuals who know about it, but a large majority of folks will either have received it and be pleased, or not received it and would never have known.

I did in fact get the email (30+ stays, 60+ nights this year) and do not have either a UA or Hyatt CC right now for what that's worth.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its not a promotion.
Some people got end of the year thank you gifts - I never got one in 5 yr of dia but it never bothered me. Hyatt delivers on what they promise and keep depreciation under control and that's all that matters to me.
We can ask what spg hilton or marriott people got...

Last edited by azepine00; Nov 2, 2012 at 10:47 am
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You're right... it's a gift. But only for some of us...

And reading this "At Hyatt, we are excited to have the opportunity to show our appreciation for our most valued guests." makes it clear those who didn't get selected are a little less valued (and don't even know why).
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:06 am

Now I do feel worse.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:28 am
Used to be 'thiti'

Programs: UA-PP 1MM, Hyatt-Globalist, Bonvoy-LT Titanium, Hertz-Pres Cir
No email. Here is my data point.

- Hyatt Diamond for 4 years
- United 1K for 3 years
- United MileagePlus Explorer CC holder
- Last credited my Hyatt stays to United MileagePlus 2-3 years ago
- 60 nights so far this year: mostly at Park Hyatt

Having solid bookings at PH, GH, and Andaz for the rest of 2012 and now hunting for SPG properties instead.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:19 pm

You're right... it's a gift. But only for some of us...

And reading this "At Hyatt, we are excited to have the opportunity to show our appreciation for our most valued guests." makes it clear those who didn't get selected are a little less valued (and don't even know why).
Would it be better if the line read:

"At Hyatt, we are excited to have the opportunity to show our appreciation for some our most valued guests."
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:35 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No... I don't believe in discrimination, even when it's positive.

And what for me is most annoying is that no explanation is given how the decision is made to award some and not others. It's quite clear now that it's an arbitrary decision, making it worse again. This is something that you in my opinion just not do.

Have a raffle or something if you want to award some random members. But be open about it.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
What’s Wrong with Hyatt’s PR Lately?

http://bit.ly/RAcSpM

@HyattPR seems to be unresponsive today on Twitter.

Time to cancel the rest of this year's Hyatt stays and change to SPG / Hilton
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
No... I don't believe in discrimination, even when it's positive.

And what for me is most annoying is that no explanation is given how the decision is made to award some and not others. It's quite clear now that it's an arbitrary decision, making it worse again. This is something that you in my opinion just not do.

Have a raffle or something if you want to award some random members. But be open about it.
You act as though this is the first time you've experienced this..... is it?

Almost all major loyalty programs seem to do this to some degree.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Does that make it any better?

And it is almost never done on this scale... A random benefit with a value of $500-1000 for some and not others is no way to reward loyalty in my view. But the biggest problem I have with it is the way it's done. No announcement and no explanation on the selection is beyond stupid, it's not like you can keep this a secret.

Although I'm not losing anything by not getting the offer, it makes me question my GP participation and I'm seriously considering staying with others the next months... Doesn't seem like the result they were aiming for does it.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by NJTraveler
Curious how they may have selected recipients. I received the e-mail.

-Diamond several years running, though barely hit 25 stays each year.
-United Million Miler (thru Continental)
-Hyatt Credit Card
-No United Credit Card
Do you spend a lot on your stays?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 1:15 pm
Used to be 'thiti'

Programs: UA-PP 1MM, Hyatt-Globalist, Bonvoy-LT Titanium, Hertz-Pres Cir
Originally Posted by thiti
No email. Here is my data point.

- Hyatt Diamond for 4 years
- United 1K for 3 years
- United MileagePlus Explorer CC holder
- Last credited my Hyatt stays to United MileagePlus 2-3 years ago
- 60 nights so far this year: mostly at Park Hyatt

Having solid bookings at PH, GH, and Andaz for the rest of 2012 and now hunting for SPG properties instead.
Done deal! Just switched a little over $10,000 worth of my hotel stays thru the rest of 2012 to SPG. I feel less valued at Hyatt at this point. I spoke with a SPG Platinum Conceirge and she responded very well by giving me bonus points for moving my reservations to them. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.